Mod Realistic Steel Textures 1.0 (for 0.903)

Users who are viewing this thread

MAXHARDMAN

Knight
Mod Realistic Steel Textures 2.0 ( for 0.952 )

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,37335.0.html

Mod Realistic Steel Textures 1.0 ( for 0.903 )

Mod replaces non-realistic dark and bluish steel textures of Native with new shiny and much more realistic ones.
This applies to ALL steel textures including weapons, horses, shields etc.

CREDITS:
Author :                    MAXHARDMAN

Some basic textures: Septa Scarabae ( Scarabae Texture Pack v.2.4.0 )
Installer :                  Janus( Mod installer script )

DOWNLOAD:LINK TO M&B Repository

Installation:
1) Install RST 1.0 in M&B folder.
2) Install RST Patch 1.1 in M&B folder.

Patch 1.1 + Bonus

Patch add LOD texture, for add Steel Shininess for units on middle and long distance from Player, for best visualization.

BONUS : Big Size Battlefield Mod
Mod make battlefield size more almost 30 %, work for Native and/or Hundred Years War Mod 4.1

DOWNLOAD:LINK TO M&B Repository

I also make adoptation Realistic Steel Textures Mod for Hungred years war mod 4.1 
LINK to:Mod Realistic Steel Textures for HYW 4.1

Armor before and after installing mod :
i-251.jpg

View on battlefield :
i-250.jpg

ps You may use my work in you mods, but not forget credits me  :wink:

PPS If you like my mod , don’t be too lazy, go to and give you Rating in Repository ! Its need for take atention for other players !  :wink:

I place yestoday my mod (https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=10&id=670), and i use installer script for make installer exe file.

But one little idiot have real wrong hands , so he kill he M&B . How may textures kill M&B in principle I real dont undersatand. ( Maybe this is spescial provacation and black PR :wink: ) Installer check version and M&B folders , and im check this many time , and more important , many peoples download and write me mod is ok !

So im ask ALL goto mod page and Give Rating and comments !

Thanks ALL for support !  :grin:

Very nice mod, I think everybody must have it!
But some changes you've done makes me sad  :cry:
- Scale gloves and armor aren't steel-based... They are bone-based (as sarmatian armor or some steppe's tribes armor). Recolor it back to "dirty yellow"...
- "Reinforced light mail and plate" and "Reinforced mail and plate" were red and dark blue colored in original accordingly. Now they are both of that stupid brown color  :cry: WHY?
- And where is the blood on my armor now? I haven't seen it since I've played originally textured...
Could you make these changes in your mod? It would be fine and realistic as well.

to Lanjane
Good critics, Thanks !

Yes , I change Scale gloves and armor , for sleel speshialy, jast becouse im like it more like that  :wink: In Native its more like brounze , not bone ...
About "Reinforced light mail and plate" and "Reinforced mail and plate" were red and dark blue colored , im use textures by Septa Scarabae ( Scarabae Texture Pack v.2.4.0 ) , becouse im like it more , for me they looks more natural , realistic .

Anyway its meter of Taste  :wink: But maybe for next beta im remake original textures :wink: Im realy dont know same one too very like textures from Native  :wink:

Blood is shown like in Native , but maybe more reflection , then look from sun sides , i cant change this , its graphical engine. Its not realy bad , for my Taste  :wink: , blood is good seeng then armour full of blood  :wink:

I think you need more small bright settings for monitor (same LCD is too bright ),  try use "Monitor Gamma" options in game menu :wink:

Anyway, my critics is about some minor details, and other things in mod looks beautiful! If I were one of the MnB makers, I'll surelu use your textures in game release. Steel armour now looks like steel cuirass from "Oblivion"  :smile:

Lanjane said:
Anyway, my critics is about some minor details, and other things in mod looks beautiful! If I were one of the MnB makers, I'll surelu use your textures in game release. Steel armour now looks like steel cuirass from "Oblivion"  :smile:

Thank you ! Im glad you like it !  :grin:

Maybe this mod will be relize on CD ( or dvd  :wink: ) in Russia , im write one man from our company Snowball ( they relize M&B in Russia ), they say its good idea , and they make it for other Paradox products ( place mods on game CD/DVD )
But I not realy shure about non-Russian relize  :wink: Its more question for Armagan and Co, maybe write letter to him  :roll:

Just returned after playing  :grin: Marvellous! Even little hoops on Warbow now are recognizeable as steel ones :smile: It's hard for me to realize how much time you spent on making that mod...

The shininess is brighter without looking too much like plastic (Morrowind comes to mind). This is great! Now I just wish chain mail and the like were bump mapped... maybe someone else will fix that one... :smile:

Darian Thanks :wink:

Realy im make bump maps , but first its good seening then you look too close , second is shininess is disabled ( with shaders) , so im desigen make shininess steel , but not bump , maybe its fix in future  :wink:

Im find one thing im forgot to make  :oops: , its LOD ! So im make it today and upload to repository , like Patch  :wink:

EDIT
Im finish Patch add LOD texture, for add Steel Shininess for units on middle and long distance from Player, for best visualization. And add a little Bonus - Big Size Battlefield Mod , make battlefield size more almost 30 %, work for Native and/or Hundred Years War Mod 4.1.

https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=10&id=672

EDIT2
I make new mail textures ,now more sharp and little small reflection , so its more good look in close and middle distance . For long distance im remake LOD texture , make it little more dark.
General now mail looks more realistic ! :grin:

I test it few days and place on repository, or maybe wait next M&B beta , for next mod relize :wink:

Screenshot , 1 - Native , 2 - RST 1.0, 3 - RST 1.2 ( in move look more differnce  :wink: )
i-254.jpg

Now I think remake ( replace ) ALL mail textures , with foto ones ,not paint , like on most textures now. ( they very not realistic )
Its must looks like this one texture ( this one - foto texture)
i-255.jpg

So im need mail textures (foto , or very good paint ) so send it to me :wink: And may send Plate foto , or jast give me links !
( Damn ! After mail , need remake plates one !   :wink: )

Great work MAX!
By the way, I was thinking...
I do not know if it is possible, but in the way that armor gets covered in blood during battle, can armor be made to become more dirty too?

to Leggeron
Yes, I think about , but for now i dont shure , i may make samething . I think for this need remake graphical engine :wink: I hope devs make durty in future :smile:

To Lanjane
So im test it , and i think need remake paint mail to foto textures , i write about eary :wink: So then i make foto textures , i make relise :wink:

I tryd to run it but when I wanted to make new map I couldn't press "OK" button so cant install it :eek:
Any suggestions..?

to SnoeiSchaaR
You install mod in M&B folder , and have 903 version ? If yes, mod must work  :wink:

Anyway try write more about , i not realy understand that you mean "I wanted to make new map" and "press "OK" button so cant install it" ?
You cant install mod , or you cant start new game  :???:

I don't know - this is a bug or not - after installing those textures it replaces armor, but not boots. I looks slightly strange when I have shiny armor and "plastic boots". I mean boots with mail (splinted, mail etc.) aren't shiny.
Can u do something with it ?

to JaqbD
Try install patch ( not low vers) . All iron boots is shiness like armour  :wink:

ps You use directx9 rendering ? And on shaders and bump on ? 

Hey, great mod, though a little too shiny for my taste. I'm trying to revert back to the original, is there any way to do it other than re-installing the whole game? Thanks.

Any chance of eventually seeing a slightly less "shiny" version?  I like the new look and everything, but it just seems a bit too... well bright.  For now I'll be sticking to native, but if you ever made a slighting darker alternative, I'd change over in a second.  :grin:

to Slyer
I think yes  :wink:

to Jhaerik
Yes , sameone dont like bright steel  :wink: Anyway im make new relizes only after Native 1.0 . Sorry  :wink:

Back
Top Bottom