Mod Realistic Steel Textures 1.0 (for 0.903)

Users who are viewing this thread

I dont have any problem with installer ,but he watch version too , if you have on same system install more new version ( 952 for exempl) maybe it give problem . Try install in default folder and replace to MB folder manual  :wink:

ps BTW i make new version for 952 :wink:

Hey MAXHARDMAN, I really like the new textures, although I only use dx7 and can't see the new shiny effects. That's fine by me, except for one question that sprang into my mind after I installed the mod:
Did you retexture the nomad armour(the crappy, brown one looters use)? I'm asking because I'm getting a LOD bug:

mb71up5.png

The brown hairy armour goes black when the LOD kicks in. It might have appeared after I installed your Realistic Steel Textures mod, but I'm not sure.

Yes , i already find this bug  :roll: It bug with few ( 2-3 ) armors ,becouse i use 2 different lod textures , i make this mistake in begin . Now i fix it and make patch soon , with adoptation for 0.953  :wink:

PS Thanks very match for your coorporation !  :grin: If find same else errors or bugs please write about !  :wink:

Realistic steel? There's nothing unrealistic about blackened or blued armor. In fact, polished steel would have been rare. Aside from expensive man-power to polish your armor, once you polish steel, and leave it blank, it rusts like crazy. Mind you, this is high carbon steel, not stainless. That means spending a lot of time maintaining armor every day. And if you're wearing armor, you're probaby at war, and you have better things to do with your time than sit around polishing your... armor. :wink: Typical treatment would have been, if I'm not mistaken, via linseed oil or scale-blackening and resulted in a bluish or grey armor color. I believe painted armor was not unheard of as well.

MrGrendel said:
Realistic steel? There's nothing unrealistic about blackened or blued armor. In fact, polished steel would have been rare. Aside from expensive man-power to polish your armor, once you polish steel, and leave it blank, it rusts like crazy. Mind you, this is high carbon steel, not stainless. That means spending a lot of time maintaining armor every day. And if you're wearing armor, you're probaby at war, and you have better things to do with your time than sit around polishing your... armor. :wink: Typical treatment would have been, if I'm not mistaken, via linseed oil or scale-blackening and resulted in a bluish or grey armor color. I believe painted armor was not unheard of as well.

how about a polish your armor mod then? :razz:
say, you can pay one of your soldiers to polish it for you and it will only last for a month before it starts to rust (so you can even add some rusty textures)
and to make it worth your while it can give you a slight bonus while its polished (say +1 to persuasion maybe because you look so good? and -1 when its rusty). and you can also have the soldier treat it with oil so to make it go back to its original state.

probably a lot more complicated then changing the textures though lol.. just an idea..

edit: btw does this work on the latest version?

ScoobyDooby said:
MrGrendel said:

how about a polish your armor mod then? :razz:
say, you can pay one of your soldiers to polish it for you and it will only last for a month before it starts to rust (so you can even add some rusty textures)
and to make it worth your while it can give you a slight bonus while its polished (say +1 to persuasion maybe because you look so good? and -1 when its rusty). and you can also have the soldier treat it with oil so to make it go back to its original state.

probably a lot more complicated then changing the textures though lol.. just an idea..

edit: btw does this work on the latest version?

I don't think it does... Update time?

I'd just like to add that you most probably can install and uninstall the mod without reinstalling the game itself - I use mods in SH3 and it's easy as saying "JSGME" (http://www.users.on.net/~jscones/software/products-jsgme.html). Actually I use it to enable M&B mods :wink: (I mean those texture/sound ones, that I add to the
I may try to use this one too, but I'm pretty much with MrGrendel on this - those not-shiny armors are pretty much realistic.
Also ScoobyDooby's idea of "Polish your armor mod" is quite an idea if you ask me - just let off the bonuses and give the player a choice if he wants polished armors or not. That's far easier said than done, sure, but it would be quite a nice touch :smile:

SweetSoccerMoves said:
Is there a mod for 1.011 yet?

Is this MOD abandoned for version 1.011? Im playing Native Expansion version 1.011 but would very much like to use this mod. Would it be a bad idea to try and use it with version 1.011?

Saxon1974 said:
SweetSoccerMoves said:
Is there a mod for 1.011 yet?

Is this MOD abandoned for version 1.011? Im playing Native Expansion version 1.011 but would very much like to use this mod. Would it be a bad idea to try and use it with version 1.011?
i also want to know

Back
Top Bottom