Mod Realistic Items

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAXHARDMAN

Knight
Mod Realistic Items 

Different types of item looks different . Its one of task for my mod C:TW , there I plan make degrade items in time ( or upgrade in blacksmith )  .
But for Native I plan make only different items looks  Its looks grate with my RST mod
I hope relize mod after week , not early, many things to do yet .

368676.jpg;1.jpg

368732.jpg;2.jpg

My mod's page : http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,83.0.html

I like the crude (maybe remove the black stuff and put it on the battered?), and then the good modifyers (thick, reinforced)
the rusty one looks a bit too rusty.. like, its been sitting in a wet basement for like 50 years
the cracked one looks... sliced, not really a crack (maybe a new model will help?)
and the battered one looks like it got shot (take out the black holes? make the dents more evenly spaced out? Redo the dents in the mail?).
Now i'm just like changing everything.. :lol:
nice work though, good job

The thick and reinforced are different than the others and there the arms are not weird. I guess the native plate is a bit bugged. Or is it like that so gloves will fit?

Nice, however I think the shine combined with brighter texture is way too much on the plain, reinforced and thick plate. You could try making the texture or alpha channel a bit darker.

This looks awesome.

Anybody willing to talk a modding newbie like me through what it would take for me to put these mod realistic items changes into the same mod file with hiRes mini testing items mod?

Thanks if there are any takers.
-ENSAIS

Thanks for comments ! :grin:

to Kayne
I like the crude (maybe remove the black stuff and put it on the battered?),
IF battered make with crude , battered effect dont good look from distance .
the rusty one looks a bit too rusty.. like, its been sitting in a wet basement for like 50 years
Maybe 10 years . Hwo knows ?  :lol: See that i may remake with it .
the cracked one looks... sliced, not really a crack (maybe a new model will help?)
Only if You make new models for ALL plate and helm items in Native :lol:
and the battered one looks like it got shot (take out the black holes? make the dents more evenly spaced out? Redo the dents in the mail?). Maybe . Arrow and bolts holes  :lol: I ramake already effect , so its looks now how bent , not holes  :wink:
Now i'm just like changing everything.. :lol:
If you like changing everything , try make better !  :razz:

to Artizan
whats with the arms? they look too thin.
Its Native bag , not mine  :wink:
thick and reinforced are retexture of ol' black armor i think.
You right ! Its texture from my RST 1.0 adoptation for HYW mod  :wink:

to Raz
I think the shine combined with brighter texture is way too much on the plain, reinforced and thick plate. You could try making the texture or alpha channel a bit darker.
Its not realy bad looking in dinamics , becouse shaders work . Thick and reinforsed , its silver on steel , so its more white .

Nice Textures, but for me they do not really do the job. The Crude looks 'rotten'. The battered doesn't look like it has dents, but looks like holes. The cracked... Looks like he's been attacked by some evil creature with huge claws. The rusty doesn't look rusty but rusted.

Meaning no offense, :eek: Just saying how these look to me.
Servitor

Good idea.

I think perhaps a more literal interpretation with different textures might work but kudos for actually having an idea and doing something with it.

I think it's a good idea, but I think your additions should be made at a much higher resolution. That is, the cracks should be smaller and more detailed, etc.

430905_rusty_metal_plate.jpg

Rusty steel should still have some steel texture but some rust as well so it still looks like steel. Kinda like this metal plate thats rusted.

istockphoto_2623939_rusty_metal_background.jpg

Cracked metal can have smaller cracks as well as maybe some rust because its cracked and thus not wanted and sitting around in an armourers shop rusting...

Battered I have no pic examples but can just look dented and scratched because of blows from swords, maces, and other weapons.

s57.jpg

Crude can be blackened (most steel taken out of the forge in a "rush" is blackened and unpolished) like these crudely forged arrowheads maybe even add a bit of "hammer marks" from the forging process.

The plain, thick, and reinforced look nice.

The crude looks like it should be the rusty IMO.

The battered looks like it got shot repeatedly - it's more like it's riddled full of holes than dented. (battered)

The rusty - As someone said - looks like it was sitting in a wet basement for 50 years.

I think you exaggerated a little too much with the modifiers.

While I agree some of them could use some more work, all in all it's pretty good and the idea's nice and could be implemented into many existing mods - especially the realistic/historically accurate ones . . .
With degradation over time and the possibility of weapons or armor breaking after battle (since it wouldn't be possible during a battle as far as I know) depending on quality, the game would gain a lot of depth . . .
Perhaps craftmod could be implemented to work with this . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom