Mod Proposal : War Goals / Objectives

Users who are viewing this thread

I did observe the behavior on the campaign map, as I was dragged around to siege a random Sarranid town instead of the border settlement we were allegedly supposed to be fighting over.

Bannerlord's campaign AI is a similar utility-based AI one, apparently. And they haven't tried to dive enemy heartlands since a long time ago.
Warband's AI "prioritized" the objective and it worked more than it did not, it wasnt 100% reliable as AI might think a better goal along the way as the circumstances changed, BUT it worked more than it did not as you could observe what AI said was lining up with their actions. It was funky but it worked and BL shouldve improved it not completely ditch it.

BL's AI is in a horrible state, constantly changing objectives goes into loop of "lets besiege" and "lets patrol" state, the sieging behaviors are mostly bugged as AI lifts the siege as soon as it initiates it, no sane person right now could make sense to BL's AI nor defend it behavior and call it "good".

BL's AI is in a horrible state, constantly changing objectives goes into loop of "lets besiege" and "lets patrol" state, the sieging behaviors are mostly bugged as AI lifts the siege as soon as it initiates it, no sane person right now could make sense to BL's AI nor defend it behavior and call it "good".
This has not happened to me in quite a few patches. They even "stick" to the siege when I do the empty garrison trick, which used to never work.

This has not happened to me in quite a few patches. They even "stick" to the siege when I do the empty garrison trick, which used to never work.
That might not be your current experience, but it certainly is for many people including me, the fact that you can cheese it by leaving less garrison troops also shows how AI magically aware of where is the weak point instead of going with general logic WB of reclaiming old lands which actually made more sense.

That might not be your current experience, but it certainly is for many people including me, the fact that you can cheese it by leaving less garrison troops also shows how AI magically aware of where is the weak point instead of going with general logic WB of reclaiming old lands which actually made more sense.
Um, the AI does it the same way the player does: you can see the number of defenders within a certain vision radius. They took away the magical vision and reduced consideration of the player party, making the campaign AI dumber. That was in order to make sure border settlements were hit and the sieges would stick instead of intelligent targeting (weak, prosperous settlements, leaving sieges they were likely to lose). That's what makes the empty garrison trick work.

I did play Warband and (more importantly) actually looked inside. That line was literally cosmetic.
I remember clearly seeing armies marching all the way through swadia to raid a single fief and come back. The goals were just flavor in dialogue. Mods, i believe diplomacy, maybe, cant be sure, added better logic to lords attacks. But im also pretty certain they also had the all-seeing eye and knowing which town was weakest to siege. So no, we shodnt commend TW on that, it was def mods, as Apocal said

Also, this latest change to ai decision was good, made it dumber, so it fights unnecessary battles amd loses more often. I remember the snowballing exactly brcaude the AI was too effextive. It might make the game easier, but thats not a bad thing, as ai lords under your faction cam still do the dumb crap, which might be bad, but utterly realistic, in an annoying sense.

Back
Top Bottom