[Mod] Persistent Overhaul [WIP]

Users who are viewing this thread

domipoppe

Knight
Old Guard
coollogo_com_218641261.png

This is a new project, which keeps Persistent World in it's sense but just makes some additions and changes which in my opinion need to be made. I did this due to I don't feel like I'm going to finish Blood & Faith (whatever reason, lost interest). The module won't be OSP due to several people and the past (too many greedy people). You can use this module on your own server, but if you want loading/saving scripts for gear and banking, then you have to rent a remote package for ?€ / monthly. It is being installed within 1-2 minutes and then you just have to change 2 lines in strings.txt. Restart & done. I maybe offer that for free but I don't know yet.

Current Features
- Weather Effects (Rain, Snow, Fog, Wind)
- Day & Night cycle synced with server
- Rain sound if it rains
- Skyboxes (A switch of 3 skyboxes. E.G: Dawn, Night, Day)
- New/updated textures (took from Cinematic Compilation)
- New sounds (took from Cinematic Compilation)
- New main theme (is licensed personally on me, so you are not allowed to use it anywhere else!)
- Admin Ingame Menu for Weather Control

To be added
- API for the remote package

Maybe will be done
- Maybe NPCs?
- New Animals (Sheep, Wolfes)?
- Add Milk & Chesse as a resource?
- Inventory System?
- More Animations?
- Gore?
- New armors/items?
- New music?
- Burning fields will destroy all food on it and reset the growing bascially (can be burnt either with a torch or fire arrow)
- Add fire arrows
- Add possibility to throw torches
- Make weather affect the environment

Remote Package Information
- You can order/get it at King Solutions
- It's a simple & fast PHP response system
- Data is saved as .json files so they are pretty easy to edit
- You get FTP access to this folder
- Sharing scripts between servers is not allowed and will immidetely be suspended
- You get an admin panel with it

Remote Package Features
- Security Token & Admin Permissions protection
- Highly developed admin panel
- Banning with reasons and time from IG or admin panel
- Autounban system
- Ban System is 100% live and synchron
- Gear loading/saving with positions
- Anti-Glitch scripts
- Common bug fixes
- Banking scripts
- IP Banning
- Extended logs

Admin Panel Features
- Manage & edit Accounts
- Manage, add and remove bans
- Manage IP bans
- View & cut logs (only if the game server is hosted by King Solutions!)
- Autounban cronjob PHP is included (which you, or I link at if you host at me)

What will be added or not?
That depends on the community and the dedication to the project. Mostly, I will make polls about features and then if it shows people want it, it'll be implanted. Same counts for suggestions from your side.

Why not open source?
Because of greedy people. And people who just rip off people and code and sell it as theirs lmfao.

How fast can I set up a server?
You download the dedicated server of Persistent Overhaul and you are ready to go. If you want remote scripts, you have to invest like 3 more minutes by renting them and changing 2 lines in strings.txt.

Why does the remote package cost money?
Not decided yet if and how much. If, it would cover the traffic costs.

How can I contribute to this?
You can contribute to this if you can make textures, models, music or animations.

WSE?
Yes, the module is using serverside WSE to fix the string exploit without making overloading sanitize PHP receive url checks.

I don't want to host the server, where can I get one?
You can get one at King Solutions for example. Every "game server hoster" should be able to host this module.

Credits
- Cinematic Compilation
- Gotha
- La Grandmaster

Terms
It is not allowed to use any of this mods resources for other projects. Any decompilation or usage of this modules codes, strings or whatever is strictly forbidden.

Feel free to add suggestions to this.

Reserved for screenshots/videos, changelog and downloadlinks.

WIP Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jnfccqzj50Y&feature=youtu.be

This may be out of the scope of the mod but more ways to siege a castle (battering ram to destroy porticulis, catapult and trebuchet to destroy walls and hit defenders) and more ways to sabotage the enemy (torch the stockpiles, poison food) would be nice.

Dark_Hamlet said:
This may be out of the scope of the mod but more ways to siege a castle (battering ram to destroy porticulis, catapult and trebuchet to destroy walls and hit defenders) and more ways to sabotage the enemy (torch the stockpiles, poison food) would be nice.

Good idea. If you write down features exactly descripted I will think about implanting it. Out of your idea I did add:

- Burning fields will destroy all food on it and reset the growing bascially (can be burnt either with a torch or fire arrow)
- Add fire arrows
- Add possibility to throw torches

I thought about adding fire pits, which can be burnt or oil containers which you can drop on enemys. Maybe something like oily arrows which create oily mass on a place (floor or doors) and which can be burnt then?

Back
Top Bottom