Mod packs? Anyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Tirdezan

Master Knight
Maybe there was a conversation about this but i am lazy to search for it.

I see some pictures where there is 30 different mods is used. Ofc some of them will be incompatible and get updated late or abandoned completely, aaand your save is now trash. Almost every Warband mod i was keen to play did included several improvements along the way in addition to it's conceptial changes. For example Floris mod was a legend because it included many things in one place (instead of something specific like "i want my horse to bleed blue mod"). Or ACOK is the brightest example, as it included mechanics about GoT (or books, idk) universe it also had improvements on textures, diplomatic, military and economic mechanics, it wasn't just "GoT map on vanilla mod" or it wasn't just "hmm banking system mod".

So if we are not getting compact mods like those above, then what would be the probability of having mod packs which would include many mods in a harmony?

Should we expect something like this after the full release (in the name of soon tm and too complicated)?

Last edited:
I am currently using these mods:

Realistic Battle Mod
Freelancer
OSP armoury
Banner Peasants
Party Ui Enhancement

It is already pretty fun this way.

I am currently using these mods:

Realistic Battle Mod
Freelancer
OSP armoury
Banner Peasants
Party Ui Enhancement

It is already pretty fun this way.
This is exatly what i meant. For example, Freelancer won't be supported for the next update, and your save most possibly will go to the trash can. Maybe in full release we won't have this issue but it is very likely that if you try to add a sixth mod, it will broke the game.

What about a single mod which unites the most wanted feature mods? And even in Warband you could disable the feature you don't want in mod settings.

I have seen some mod packs on Nexus Mods, but they are packs of resurrected mods, not packs made to improve gameplay by combining multiple stable mods.

I think what you are hoping for won’t happen until release, unfortunately.

Freelancer won't be supported for the next update, and your save most possibly will go to the trash can
That's got nothing to do with mod packs, if a big mod pack included something that was broken by an update then instead of one broken mod it's just the entire pack that's broken?

Maybe in full release we won't have this issue but it is very likely that if you try to add a sixth mod, it will broke the game.
Is not the reason, why TW included mod tab in the launcher and we are able to manipulate load order, to be able to install too many mods at once? I played Skyrim with 200 mods installed at once and nothing happened if I carefully read the description of the mod page and also,
Almost every Warband mod i was keen to play did included several improvements along the way in addition to it's conceptial changes.
This is just one reason why I hate Warband Mods. Because, I could not customize my game to my liking. One time, I did not like the animation of the mod, one time I did not like the feature it has, one time I did not like the feature it was missing but in Skyrim I could individually manage my mods and customize my gameplay. Of course, I am not against the idea of the op because this is your singleplayer experience but for me, I don't understand the reason of doing this.

Well maybe you are actually right, once the full release hits, this system will also work fine. But when i see too much independent mods around it gives me twitches.

The thing about mods / modpacks is that once you find the mods you want and can confirm they all work with each other, you need a start a new campaign and you need to stay on the version you're playing on. You can't really add any mods to it without having to re-do your campaign.

There was one I saw a month ago called Super Calradia, for 1.5.9, which had a guy who apparently did a lot of work to get like 40+ mods working without conflict but ultimately he didn't get permissions to modify any of the mods or upload these files outside of Nexus, so hence the links to it was taken down.

That being said, I am personally looking for any interesting 'mod lists' or 'modpacks' for 1.6.0, that range from 10 to 20+ mods. I know what mods are typically good but I am a little out of touch of what mods there are on Nexus. I suppose I'll check it out.

You can't really add any mods to it without having to re-do your campaign.
No, this is not true. Any mod which does not write anything on your savegame, can be discarded or added to your game at anytime unless the description page of the mod says otherwise. If M&B Bannerlord modding community grows as half as Skyrim, we would get programs like Loot which automatically warns the player which mods conflict with each other, which mods have compatibility patches for each other. Nevertheless, most stable gameplays with mods where you start your gameplay with your preferred mods never add or remove anything on mid playthrough.

Modpacks seem like they could be a good idea, but not really in this context.

Moreso in the context of, say, Minecraft modpacks where the modpacks add functionality and mixins. Essentially, it ties in all the functions of one mod and allows interaction with another, or (and most importantly, as it appears Bannerlord's modding is going to have Harmony stay) allows compatibility by modifying the DLLs of the respective mods.

Back
Top Bottom