Mod-mergering diplomacy

Users who are viewing this thread

mercury19

Sergeant at Arms
This is a stupid idea, but I was vaguely considering trying to modmerger-ify the latest diplomacy (the one for 1.16:cool: and I was wondering if anyone could advise me on the feasibility of this?obviously its a massive project and totally unnecessary given the availability of multiple source codes but I figured I'd ask anyway. I'm not worried about people being interested or not since it's mostly because I like to keep the modifications separate from the native code for ease of access.

I would say "go for it" but I'm still doing revisions to the 1.17x version. In addition there's a bunch of header shortcut/compiler code that may or may not get merged properly.

Somebody said:
I would say "go for it" but I'm still doing revisions to the 1.17x version. In addition there's a bunch of header shortcut/compiler code that may or may not get merged properly.

Hmm, what kind of header shortcut/compiler code? Is that all the "def" whatever stuff before the main brackets? I think I could theoretically just include all of that in the top of the modmergered file and it might work; although I suppose it bears investigating. I may try it out with the 1.168 source

there's some defs and some direct index access (faction colours etc). Current version should compile, note that while all the code added by diplomacy should have begin/end tags I sometimes do search and replace for range values/constants and those don't get comments directly. My updates are mostly in block form following a #SB comment

Somebody said:
there's some defs and some direct index access (faction colours etc). Current version should compile, note that while all the code added by diplomacy should have begin/end tags I sometimes do search and replace for range values/constants and those don't get comments directly. My updates are mostly in block form following a #SB comment

so I've started working on it a bit; I've got some files working and it compiles fairly nicely, but I'm realizing that the edits to any non module_ files can't be included, so I can't make it fully independent.

However, I'm guessing that none of the edits to those files are diplomacy specific and are just general tweaks and improvements, not to mention the fact that most people wouldn't use them for mods anyway, so adding them separately won't be a problem.

Back
Top Bottom