Mod is a double edged blade

Users who are viewing this thread

I love this mod but jeez its frustrating. You earn this loads amount of gold and you spend it on the best armor and weapons and have a blast RPing. WHen you die, its soo very demoralizing because you just lost all that gold and have to start over. Whenever I play I mainly play until I die. Earning that money is a very time consuming process...

You can make 80k in like 5minutes. Just mine and then sell it to blue castle. Each iron bar sells for 10k, and even with taxes, its only like 4k out of your wages. And Fingernail is right. You really don't need a ton of armor, its a waste of money, and you can do just as well with 20k at most.

OP:

[Translation] "For me, the benefits of grinding to full armour are outweighed by the costs!"

Solution:

Don't grind to full armour.

:smile:

There should be a way that if you change your class you loose all your money. Everyone starts as a serf and then goes to Man at arms, it ridiculous since it really harms roleplay. Serfs should stay serfs and MAA should find an alternative way to earn money.

Madf11 said:
There should be a way that if you change your class you loose all your money. Everyone starts as a serf and then goes to Man at arms, it ridiculous since it really harms roleplay. Serfs should stay serfs and MAA should find an alternative way to earn money.

That doesn't make any sense at all. There would be no point in being a serf, "Oh hey, I have 100,000 denari, but I can't spend it on anything!" Yes, said serf could spend the entire game going to the mines, selling their iron, and then giving it all to their faction, but last I checked hardly anyone that plays this mod is that unselfish.

artifex said:
Madf11 said:

That doesn't make any sense at all. There would be no point in being a serf, "Oh hey, I have 100,000 denari, but I can't spend it on anything!" Yes, said serf could spend the entire game going to the mines, selling their iron, and then giving it all to their faction, but last I checked hardly anyone that plays this mod is that unselfish.

You could just be a kick ass serf with the dragon shield and legendary sword.

Madf11 said:
Good point. I had a similiar thought before, but this is doable only when a faction has their own serfs to earn money and then distribute them among its members...

Perhaps if you change class, your money is halved or it even just gives you a quarter of it? Training isn't cheap after all...

...What are you talking about. The point of being a serf/merchant is so you can gain money to buy armor on a different class, or for RP reasons. What do you mean by training? What you pay for are: Armor, Weapons, Taxes, and occasionally soldier's wages.

TheAegis said:
...What are you talking about. The point of being a serf/merchant is so you can gain money to buy armor on a different class, or for RP reasons. What do you mean by training? What you pay for are: Armor, Weapons, Taxes, and occasionally soldier's wages.
It was meant as a training for merchant or serf while he becomes soldier. Becouse you have completely different skills and attributes from serf or merchants...

The point of PW is mainly to RP, its not a big Deathmatch. So if your RP is to be a looter, then you don't need to go get a ton of money. But if its to be a knight, then you do.

different amounts of money for different classes. RPing is cool with serfs also and if you could use another way o get money as a knight that would be cool. For instance you would have to exploit the serfs to give you money. I don't see the point in mining metal so you can buy yourself armor. Why not just have 100K starting money since everyone wanna be man at arms in full gear?

artifex said:
Madf11 said:

I did it for red faction but not as serf.You would be suprise how much influence you have as a marchant who support the faction knight with money....We dominate the world as long i have been doing this....King left so i have to step up in his place and all gone because there was no more marchant who would step in my shoes...Brillant

Marchant could be and should be the most powerfull individual in Faction.Money make Kingdoms successful

Fingernail said:
stop buying all the best armour

it's completely useless anyway

Oh look! its fingernail! one of those pointless un-needed bandits that random`s unarmed and completely disobey the rules.

The only difficulty in maintaining a faction is the lack of income. if you charge tax to serfs after they sell all their iron more often than not they will just go spec before paying. also if you want them to pay partway through they dont and it just goes round in circles. The (very few) merchants you find that actually go to the castles with a faction in them try and take the coins aswell and have "trouble" leaving them behind - and i still feel bad killing a guy for taking money that is still kind of his. as it happens alot of soldiers dont ask for money and ive learnt not to pay for mercenaries as only once (or if they are a trusted freind) they betray me and just rape me mid battle. very annoying. if there was a way to coax players or find a benefit for them to remain serfs and give money to their factions after they have gathered the ammount they need that would be awesome, but i cant really think of anything that would make them do that other than being a close friend or a very nice guy who doesnt mind doing the boring stuff.

and to the armor - yes, its pretty much useless - it might help you get the occasional slash or maybe kill from the enemy having a glancing blow, or if you like to run away from a fight itle stop most arrows killing you as you leave. another silly thing about buying armor is that it MAKES players run away before they finish the fight because they are too afraid of losing their armor... which is kinda pathetic if they are trying to be a grand chivalrous brave knight - and as such armor really only works for cowards.

The idea of The Crown could solve the problem. The game lack of general goal so ppl randoming because their get bored.I will introduce The Crown idea in different topic (I know: 7ppl vote:"stop creating new topic NOVICIUS!!!").I remember that it was your idea Leroy :roll:

You all know i like armor and i will give you reason why:
1.It looks good(especially red with charger and blood :wink:)
2.It usually prevent randomers from killing me on sight and give some time to recover from suprising attack
3.It took 5 hits before i was killed in armory while afk yesterday(if i would react a little quicker i would survive)
4.It does stop arrows apart of direct hits(so you can became arrow monster :twisted:)
5.It is fair - you are not invincible in it,it make you slow while on foot
6.It is great for mounted knight as it give you chance of surviving direct hit from lance which can happend even to the best
7.It is expensive(yes,this is good thing)so only skillfull smart cowards play all the time in heavy armor which create elite of nobles as it should do - new guy who spend some time to collect the money usually quit after thirst death

HEAVY ARMOR IS ONLY FOR MOUNTED KNIGHTS WHO USE CHARGER IN THE SAME TIME!!!

Knight will run away from battle if his horse is in danger. Without horse Knight is nothing so until buying new horse is possible that will happend quite often. You can call me coward I will call my self wise....I will fight till the end of my health but if my horse will die and I will survive I can kill my self anyway... Kingdoms fall because some knights are to brave and do not know when is time to take a rest and regroup.

Last thing: If you really believe that in Medieval time knights and chivalry had something in common ...Well. Knight was not brave but rich. He was rich because he exploit slaves(serfs) of his land or he robbed slaves(serfs) of other lord. Knight armor was design to give him advantage over this slaves(serfs). There is nothing brave and chivalrous in consistant raping,killing and robbing own subjects. In battle of classic medieval times only few knights died(by accident :wink:) and plenty of serfs.
It all change with battle of Poitiers where French knights were slaughtered by Welsh archers.That was not only shock for French but for all Europe.Beginning of the end of knights era.

Back
Top Bottom