• yes & we should take action!

Votes: 39 29.8%
  • yes, but the mod is doomed

Votes: 68 51.9%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

romandude

Grandmaster Knight
i think we really need to get down and discuss this. the 2e has just disbanded, leaving us with only a few small regiments. this mod has no active events or any official servers and nobody ever visits the sub-forums.

we need to act FAST if we want to save this mod!!!

The best thing that could happen is that regiment leaders who like this mod challenge other regiments to 1v1 LBs on this mod. That will allow people to see the mod, try the mod and decide whether or not they like it. Unfortunately I haven't found any regiments willing to support the mod with more than just words. A new mod needs a couple weeks of hardcore support from its biggest fans in order to get a player base going and get the ball rolling. Aside from several people from my regiment, whose support I greatly appreciate, that never happened here.

The servers are down as you all know by now, this is because I don't want to pay 30 bucks a month to see an empty server. Even with the steam group the couple times I tried getting some people online ended in me playing with 4-5 people from my regiment again. It seems that not enough people are interested. Should there be more interest shown for the mod I'll re-host an EU server but for the time being I don't see much point. :roll:

sirwho said:
The best thing that could happen is that regiment leaders who like this mod challenge other regiments to 1v1 LBs on this mod. That will allow people to see the mod, try the mod and decide whether or not they like it. Unfortunately I haven't found any regiments willing to support the mod with more than just words. A new mod needs a couple weeks of hardcore support from its biggest fans in order to get a player base going and get the ball rolling. Aside from several people from my regiment, whose support I greatly appreciate, that never happened here.

The servers are down as you all know by now, this is because I don't want to pay 30 bucks a month to see an empty server. Even with the steam group the couple times I tried getting some people online ended in me playing with 4-5 people from my regiment again. It seems that not enough people are interested. Should there be more interest shown for the mod I'll re-host an EU server but for the time being I don't see much point. :roll:

If there population is low do you need a big slot server, surely it would be better and cheaper to get a smaller server while the mod is new this would be a lot cheaper?

Neville said:
sirwho said:

If there population is low do you need a big slot server, surely it would be better and cheaper to get a smaller server while the mod is new this would be a lot cheaper?
of course, but currently we have no server which is the worst thing for a MP mod

There's not that much that can be done then to try to convince your friends this is a good mod.
And then they tell there friends and so on.

I suppose you could try to make some bad ass trailers and stuff to convince people to try the mod.
Advertising always gives a bonus.

Furrnox said:
There's not that much that can be done then to try to convince your friends this is a good mod.
And then they tell there friends and so on.

I suppose you could try to make some bad ass trailers and stuff to convince people to try the mod.
Advertising always gives a bonus.
yes, but first we need an event for the people who ahve already shown interest. ive spread the word about the mod but nobody comes becasue there are no servers and no events

Well I played this mod a couple of times alone against bots and I had fun. The problem is, that there aren´t any servers so you can´t play the mod. Because if there would be a server I´d try it for a linebattle. Imo this is the perfect linebattle mod (although many people don´t like it due to the fact there aren´t any historical factions) and I would love to try it out..Maybe I can find a server hoster, a guy of my regiment just bought a server, I will ask him if he could proprably a server. Not 24/7 but if it´s needed. And to organize public play we could choose a date on weekend, maybe 5 pm gmt on saturday or something like that, where all people who are intrested play the mod randomly and maybe you can organize linebattles with those who attend, without having fixed regiments but just random players, formed to lines...
Just doing brainstorming but that´s what I would suggest to support the mod.

Odyseuss said:
i think we really need to get down and discuss this. the 2e has just disbanded, leaving us with only a few small regiments. this mod has no active events or any official servers and nobody ever visits the sub-forums.

we need to act FAST if we want to save this mod!!!

No wonder why, I downloaded the mod from here, start the game with it, and still cannot join servers lol.    I've been playing with mods for years now. (unreal, quake,wolfenstein and more) and this is one of the most annoying to play with.

1. Linking to a page where you can see 40 mods and take 30 min finding/installing/troubleshooting for hardcore mod player like me is bad enough, imagine for new comers...

2. Mod list should be in top rated/or/top played order... that way you don't have to look thru 25 mod that arent even played anymore.

3. STEAM WORKSHOP!

4. Having to close game and reopening each time to try out servers and mods is a real pain in the ass. (time consumming)

5. I don't have really hopes now for new players to come and play mods (because we need more, baddly more) since from a casual players POV, its a mess and its confusing.

All I can hope for is M&B2 and a complete remap/code.  The files are right there, why do I have to close my game and reopen it? why can't you do it for me like so many before?

PS: as a streamer on twitch.tv, its (again) a pain in the ass to stream this game, windowed mode is buggy as hell, cannot alt+tab out cause you can't use your mouse outside the M&B window... you have to (thats my fix) 1. open a open in front of M&B window and quickly go from overlay window to other screen. or alt+tab until desktop (which minimize all, which is annoying for viewers) and then reopen my wanted window but be carefull, if your mouse touch M&B screen, do it again....

kinda hard to advertise a game when streaming it is so buggy.... + I see post about this problem back to 2008.... what the hell are they doing up there?

Go away, we did not ask for your opionion on M&B, the forums and taleworlds, why even bother posting in this thread?

Hello every one i want to be active in that mod why do you guys not ask NW regiment for fun events and get some servers on if needed i can bring one or 2 servers and some guys but i need other guys not only my regiment alone

this mod can still be saved, we just need to set up an event and a server!
hu6b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom