Mod idea collection: I want this mod.

Users who are viewing this thread

I have an idea of mod where you don't move your character in singleplayer map but instead you only move in battle maps. Meaning that you move from one scene to another by moving to the border of the scene and then teleporting to next scene. I have made a small mod to represent how it could be done. The mod covers only town of Suno and it's surroundings and it has 11x11 scenes to move in. Below is a video of the mod I made and download link to those who want to take a closer look.

Calradia%20Map-Forum.jpg

Last edited:
The topic here is about mod ideas. I am not even sure what you linked here down now. Is that a mod? If yes, move it to the Forge and write a bit about the content of the mod.
I made a small example mod based on the idea that you play your singleplayer game in battle maps only and move from one scene to another without never entering the normal singleplayer map. I don't have time to make it finished atleast by my own so I posted it here so someone could get the idea of it. I posted the link to the mod so someone who is interested of the idea can look at it closer.

Last edited:
I made a small example mod based on the idea that you play your singleplayer game in battle maps only and move from one scene to another without never entering the normal singleplayer map. I don't have time to make it finished atleast by my own so I posted it here so someone could get the idea of it. I posted the link to the mod so someone who is interested of the idea can look at it closer.
I see. Some more description at your links would still help others a bit for what they need to look for ^^

It's been tried before with an overview map consisting of squares that represent scenes.
It's wrong-headed approach though, unsuitable to M&B. If you want an open world, mod an open world game like Skyrim.

i have an idea:
its related to party interface where there would be sup-category for troops types and their numbers.
for example it would be like:
companions:
[companion one]
[companion two] and so on
Infantry ------ xx
[list of infantry troops]
Archers --- xx
[list of archer troops]
cavalry --- xx
[list of cavalry troops]
where xx is the number of those troops

this would be great help to organize troops and would be nice if its also added to garrisons as well xD

i have no idea how to mod or anything like, just an idea i had and would belong to anyone who can make it work :smile:)

Community Battle Cry Mod
-Allows players to perform a battle cry by pressing a key
-Allows players to drop their own audio files in the mod for the game to use (the game will randomly select one from the 'pool' when the battle cry key is pressed)

The community may then exchange these audio files , thus the name community battle cry mod

Hello, everybody.

I present you with a mod idea, about the first Scottish war of independence, in 1306

A little bit of historical context:
We're talking about the coronation of Robert of Bruce as protector of Scotland after the great William Walace, in the defence of Scotland against the English King Edward I.

The Irish would have an important role until 1315

It would be the map of the British Isles and the main factions are

Kingdom of Scotland
Kingdom of England
Irish Lordships (?)

About the mod;

I. If anyone would be interested I will provide all the historical stuff for the mod (Weapons, Armor, Heraldry, Locations, Lords)

II. Right now my modding skills are null,

So if anyone wants to see this mod on warband, Help make this more than an idea

Greetings :smile:

How about a small-party adventuring mod? As far as I know, every mod still follows the base game's style of growing big into an army and besieging castles and towns against a lot of people. What if there's a mod where you're an adventurer who will have around 4 people with you? The enemy parties will also be around that size. The castles can be dungeons or bandit hideouts that you can clear but not conquer, since the garrison may grow back.

I got this idea from playing Gekokujo Hatamoto Edition. It has content that lets you be a wandering ronin. There will be small parties of 1-3 thugs you can "duel" with and it's very fun. But as usual, I will get more powerful while these thugs don't, so it gets boring after a while and I ended up raising an army and yada yada boom boom. As I stared at my army gunning down spearmen from a safe position, I kept thinking back at how fun it would be to meet more powerful enemies in a duel. How the thugs would start becoming more fearsome bandits, then ronin, skilled ronin, and so on. A power progression like in Prophesy of Pendor where proficiencies soar up and equipment become absurdly strong.

I think it would be fun to have that kind of mods, especially with Warsword's kind of settings. At the very least it would be a fresh experience. I almost always play at maximum difficulty, and I often find myself staying back a lot because getting ganged by 30 people will result in me waiting for 500 people to kill each other from the death cam. We could have smaller battle maps so we can get in the action quickly. More quests from guild masters and intense tavern fights. Item progression would be longer because you have less money to work with. Getting defeated wouldn't be such an absurd loss because there's no longer any need to retrain hundreds of veterans.

I know that it sounds like that I'd be better off buying an RPG game, but there's something about M&B that I really love. It's such a good sandbox.

If you're looking for rewarding duels, 108 Heroes allows you to duel the eponymous 108 Heroes. It's still very large army based, but you can ride up to any named Hero and request a 1v1 and get some fun rewards.

Look into Explorer! if you want something that feels more like a squad based Sandbox RPG

Based on the fact your avi being our mutual pal Gudako, you might also be interested in my mod which will also feature smaller scale encounters although not quite how you described. It's still in development though with the arena demo still someways way.

Outside of that, There aren't a whole lot of similar things, but that does sound like fun mod and I would like to see something similar.

That 108 Heroes mod sounds good. I've been itching for a Three Kingdoms mod. I'm not familiar with Water Margin, but I'll give it a try. It might scratch that itch with the duel system.

Some ideas, maybe someone likes them. in most cases (except Diadochi), lot's of native material can be used.

Pirates of the Baltic
~1390AD, around the baltic sea. Lot's of fun conlicts, and different nations. Denmark and Sweden (actually, Mecklemburg-Sweden) is at war. Sweden is helped by vitalienbrüder (privateer/pirate) blockade runners, who attack Hansa League trade ships as well. Novgorod and Poland doesn't really like the Teutonic order in the area. So, cool scenario in my opinion.

Khazaria rules:
Map centered around khazars, around 900 AD. In a very small area, you have a settled nomad kingdom (khazaria) and byzatines fighting the arab conquering armies. As a nice touch, a bit to the north you have early russians with norse influences (they borrowed the first varangian guard to Byz around this time), and also a not-yet-settled true nomad tribe (magyars)

Sicily
~1000-1100. Interesting period, as in a small area, you have the retreating Byzantines (with Harald Hardrada commanding their varangian guard!), the normans who recently arrived as mercenaries, and built their own kingdom, remnants of Benevento/Salerno (lombards I think), and of course arab taifas as well.

Norman conquest of England
It is very surprising that there is no such mod. Start the day after (or on) the BAttle of Hastings. English have big territory, but lot's of their lords and armies are lost at HAstings. Normans have lot's of armies, but cannot support them, also vassals are hard to keep in check. As added fun, Konan de Rennes (Britanny) invades Normandy. (historically he was poisoned on the orders of Willie the conq). Also, welsh and scottish are trying to figure out what to do in this case? Take revenge on the anglosaxons, or help them against normans?
I really like this idea for two reasons: factions with different playstyles, but also: norman medium (mail) cavalry with shields and javelins! Finally, heavy(ish) cavalry with no lances!

Latin Empire
~1210(ish). After the sack of Constaninople, the new Latin Empire (~western style crusader knights) is facing: the bulgarian empire, the Byzantine remnants (Epirus, Nicea, Trebizond), while the Anatolia turks, Venice and Genoa wait for a time to strike. Sounds fun.

Diadochi
Also, this would probably be the best mod ever, but would require lot's of ancient scenes.
Take a crusader map, and set the time a bit after Alexander's death. You have the Antigonid kingdoms (Antigonus, Casander, Lysimachus, Ptolemy, or Macedon/Thrace/Egypt/Seleucia in Total War terms), but also Epirus, Armenia, Ponthus, Magna Graecia. For added fun, the celtic tribes can invade from the north, the romans from the west, and the iranians (parthians, after they take Parni from Seleucids) from the east. Good times!

My apologies if I didn't follow the exact post guidelines, got a bit carried away with describing what I think would be interesting. Happy Modding.
Don't worry about it, people may not read that wall of text, especially an off topic one (this thread is for the original engine, not the bannerlord engine), but they won't ask your head for this. You're really passionate about your idea and that's nice and it's what the thread is about in the end.

The thread for mod ideas for Bannerlord is this one:

A more involved mod that covers much more ground would be the addition of something of an 'end-game' invasion of Calradia by a new, outside force, much like the end-game crisis's from Stellaris. Have it set to trigger possible once one of several conditions have been met, such as so many in game years have passed, maybe a post main quest after the Dragon banner 'questline' has been completed, or the destruction of several main kingdoms has happened.
Sounds a bit like the Dark Knight Invasion which has been done by some Warband modders. There you haved had also an external force suddenly appearing at some point which have been strong foes.
My apologies if I didn't follow the exact post guidelines, got a bit carried away with describing what I think would be interesting. Happy Modding.
As Zombie Warrior wrote above, nothing to worry about here. That's the reason why those threads exist. Some people make a short posts with their ideas and some are filled with more details ^^

Back
Top Bottom