Mod idea collection: I want this mod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Alright, so I had this idea about a few years ago... At the time, the consensus was "just wait for bannerlord", but we all know how that's been going. And to be honest, there's already a more ambitious mod that exceeds my idea, but this has been rolling around in my head for quite some time. Besides, Star Wars: Conquest is a crash-happy, incomplete, buggy mess. I've already done some tinkering with troop trees and kingdoms, and I think it might not be all that hard to do.

Dark Age of the Force (Medieval Star Wars)

You know, like so: https://io9.gizmodo.com/star-wars-goes-medieval-in-this-clever-art-print-1796742228

I was recently playing a bunch of Empire at War, and there's a really good mod named "Thrawn's Revenge". It takes place after Return of the Jedi, with the remnants of the Empire fighting for control. Using this "time period" would spice things up a bit, breaking up the Empire into a bunch of smaller kingdoms, a lot like the Norse in Viking Conquest. Beyond that, I think I'll throw in the black sun, hutt cartels, and mandalorians. More factions than native, fewer than Viking Conquest.

I'm going to take the star wars galaxy map and turn it into a continent, most likely with a lot of water (hey, I think the VC ship battles are pretty fun, ok?). Looters become Jawas. Desert Raiders become Tusken Raiders. I don't see any need for major 3d work, just some texture work. Basically, a big reskin and item reshuffle.

I know Star Wars: Conquest exists. I'd be playing it right now if it didn't crash every 10 minutes. I may not have any more luck myself, but this idea seems like a lot less work.

So... thoughts?

Spanish Conquest of the Philippines 16th Century

Map of the Philippine Archipelago
24702e56a164157371483f615759aa59.jpg
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Philippines_(900%E2%80%931521)#Barangay_city-states_and_Thalassocracies

Factions

Weapons and Armor
Images to be added

Images
Pre-Spanish Period
Judicial-and-Legislative-System-in-Pre-Colonial-Philippines.jpg

Pre-Colonial-Period-in-the-Philippines.jpg

225147_1721225272022_7745987_n.jpg

pre%2Bcolonial%2Bpjilippines%2Banceit%2Bkingdoms%2B%25286%2529.jpg

Women-in-the-Precolonial-Philippines1.jpg

Spanish Colonial Period
PRECOLONIAL%2BPHILIPPINES.jpg

arnis-kali-eskrima+%25281%2529.jpg

04-and-built-the-church-of-christ-and-that_s-the-beginning-of-our-catholic-lifee280a6.jpg

planting-of-the-first-cross-by-vicente-manansala.jpg

madirigma2-conquest.jpg

main-qimg-bcc01fed2ad52524b15fee5c17e6f04a

I had a weird idea yesterday. Not sure how viable it would be for Warband, but I think it would work.

You play as a member, and eventually leader, of a nomadic native American tribe of the Great Plains. You do the hunting, scouting, raiding and skirmishing with other tribes, manage your tribe in matters like where to settle for a while, relations with other tribes and more settled Indians, and, eventually, Europeans. Horses and guns would be in very short supply based on what you manage to trade, steal and plunder from Europeans.

A mod with own kingdom with just from the begining of the game where we also get a random enemy as AI gets and rule like a normal king does for example King Harlus or Ragner of Native.

An idea for a mod:

A mod which allows for more court intrigue and independence for vassals. The features:

1. Make alliances with other lords
2. Wage private wars against lords if the player has a claim
3. Start factions within a kingdom
4. Kill lords and kings
5. Marry into a royal family
6. Have some special offices granted to certain lords which add to their income
7. Have a special title system - Sir, Baron, Earl/Count, Duke, King
8. Have a vassal system whereby the king has a few vassals maybe a duke and three earls and they have their own vassals and those vassals have their own vassals

If copyright can be get away with, perhaps a WarCraft mod? Well when I tried to make one(which failed due to my lack of knowledge and experience and bunch of errors during modding), I based the world on the Second War(WarCraft II), twisting the WoW Warlords of Draenor plot to Azeroth part, where Garrosh's time travel corrupted the timeline of Azeroth. The factions will be largely divided into 3; Alliance factions, Horde factions, and neutral factions. And those contain

factions
Alliance factions
1. Kingdom of Stormwind(Regent Lord Anduin Lothar)
2. Kingdom of Lordaeron(King Terenas Menethil II)
3. Kingdom of Stromgarde(King Thoras Trollbane)
4. Kingdom of Gilneas(King Genn Graymane)
5. Kingdom of Alterac(King Aiden Perenolde)
6. Magocracy of Dalaran(Head Archmage Antonidas)
7. Admiralty of Kul Tiras(Lord Admiral Daelin Proudmoore)
8. Kingdom of Ironforge(King Magni Bronzebeard)
9. Kingdom of Gnomeregan(High Tinker Gelbin Mekkatorque)
10. Wildhammer clan(Chief Thane Falstad Wildhammer)
11. Kingdom of Quel'thalas(High King Anasterian Sunstrider)
12. Baradin's Wardens(Duke Reginald Baradin II)
13. Knights of the Silver Hand(Archbishop Alonsus Faol)

Horde factions
1. Blackrock clan(Warchief Ogrim Doomhammer)
2. Black Toot Grin clan(Chieftain Maim Blackhand)
3. Warsong clan(Chieftain Grommash Hellscream)
4. Shadowmoon clan(Chieftain Ner'zhul)
5. Burning Blade clan(Chieftain Dharl of the Thrice-Bloodied Blade)
6. Stormreaver clan(Chieftain Gul'dan)
7. Twilight's Hammer clan(Chieftain Cho'gall)
9. Laughing Skull clan(Chieftain Morgor the Ogre)
10. Bleeding Hollow clan(Chieftain Kilrogg Deadeye)
11. Thunderlord clan(Chieftain Fenris Wolfbrother)
12. Dragonmaw clan(Chieftain Zuluhed the Whacked)
13. Bonechewer clan(Chieftain Hurkan Skullsplinter)
14. Steamwheedle Cartel(Trade Prince Steamwheedle)
15. Amani Trolls(Warlord Zul'jin)

Neutral factions
1. Draenei refugees(Prophet Velen)
2. Broken tribes(Various Chieftains including Akama)
3. Renegade Ogres(Various Chieftains)
4. Lost Ones(various Chieftains)
5. Naga(I was thinking whether to put them feral to be like bandits or led by Azshara or other high-rankings)
6. Gurubashi Trolls(Various Chieftains)
7. Drakkari Trolls(Frost King Malakk)
8. Bilgewater Cartel(Trade Prince Maldy)
9. Frostwolf clan(Elder Shaman Drek'Thar)
10. Arakkoa(Talon King Terokk)
11. Dark Iron Dwarf(Emperor Dagran Thaurissan)
12. Mag'har Orcs(Greatmother Geyah)
13. Tyr's Hand Rebels(Rebel Commander Patrick)
14. Black Dragonflight(Aspect of the Earth Neltharion)

and like Dark knights from NE, Burning Legion led by Archimonde would appear if conditions are fulfilled

Troops
Stormwind
Stormwindian Peasant
Stormwindian Militia
Stormwindian Footman
Stormwindian Footman(veteran)
Stormwindian Footman(elite)
Stormwindian Captain
Stormwindian Archer
Stormwindian Crossbowman
Stormwindian Sharpshooter
Stormwindian Sharpshooter(elite)
Stormwindian Crossbowman(elite)
Stormwindian Sniper
Stormwindian Horseman
Stormwindian Cavalry
Stormwindian Lancer
Stormwindian Knight
Stormwindian General
Stormwindian Apprentice Engineer
Stormwindian Engineer
Stormwindian Master Engineer
*Engineers are the ones dealing with siege weapons like ballista, catapult, and glaive throwers

Dalaran
Apprentice Mage(elemental bolts)
Mage(elemental bolts, summon elementals)
Archmage(bolts, summon stronger elementals) instead of Engineer troop-tree

Knights of the Silver Hand
Apprentice Priest
Priest
High Priest instead of Engineer troop-tree

Blackrock
Blackrock Peon
Blackrock Slaver
Blackrock Grunt
Blackrock Grunt(veteran)
Blackrock Grunt(elite)
Blackrock Slasher
Blackrock Spearman
Blackrock Spearman(elite)
Blackrock Spearmaster
Blackrock Spearmaster(elite)
Blackrock Wolfrider
Blackrock Raider
Blackrock Slayer
Blackrock Warlord
Blackrock Apprentice Engineer
Blackrock Engineer
Blackrock Master Engineer

Stormreaver
Acolyte
Warlock(shadowbolt, summon weak demons like Imp)
Master Warlock(Shadowbolt, summon a demon like Doomguard) instead of Engineer troop-tree
I think it'd be great to set troop tree individually for all those factions, since all we need to change is their high-techs.. but it will take too much file size and the game might be slow.. so
Troops(simplified)
Alliance
Peasant
Militia
Footman
Elven Archer-Elven Ranger
Dwarven Rifleman-Dwarven Mountaineer
Captain
Knight
Paladin(Devotion Aura, Heal)
Dwarven Demolisher(Bomber)
Priest(Weak melee unit, heal)
Mage(Summon water elemental, Firebolt)

Horde
Peon
Slaver
Grunt
Troll Axethrower
Troll Berserker
Goblin Shredder
Goblin Tinker
Wolfrider
Death Knight(Death Coil, Unholy Aura or Summon Skeletons)
Ogre Mauler
Ogre Mage
There are companions,

Companions
1. Zeratul(Looking for Keystone and to repair his Void Seeker, Draenei friendly)
2. Probius(accidentally stepped out of Nexus)
3. Bwonsamdi(Collect souls)
4. Deckard Cain(Travelling to find out way to stop the Raven Lord)
5. Chromie(Investigating the time corruption caused by Garrosh on Draenor)
6. Samuro(Blademaster, looking for adventures and duels)
7. Nobundo(Trying to find out the cure and reunion of his people)
8. Medivh(Trying to gain his lost power again in prep for the Burning Legion)
9. Dehaka(Essence-mania)
10. Rhea(Black Dragonflight investigating)
11. Leeroy Jenkins
12. Illidan Stormrage(Imprisoned 10,000 year bachelor)
13. ETC
14. Chen and Li Li Stormstout(Out for some adventure)
15. Maiev Shadowsong(Illidan's stalker, appears when Illidan is freed, quoting "Where is Illidan?")
16. Pewpewmrgl(A marine Murloc)
17. Murglmurgl(A Murloc seeking help from player to revenge the intruders)
and so on.
Companions are some found on taverns, but some are randomly encountered, and the others-Leeroy Jenkins: Blackrock Mountain, Illidan: Night-elven prison, Medivh: Karazhan
The musics would be used from WC 2, 3 and WoW.
For example, when entering the streets of Stormwind City, the scene plays 'Stormwind' from Vanilla WoW. The cinematic suites from WC3 Human campaigns played on Lordaeron City, and Jaina's 'Daughter of the Sea' on Kul Tiras. The battle themes from WoW 'War' music series, and siege battle themes from WC2, map travel theme from WC3.
Aside from usual towns and castles maybe would it be possible to put dungeons like in Brytnwalda, and build a temporary camp or fort with a cost of gold and some raw materials in the inventory(Iron, Wood, Oil, etc)
Like Warsword Conquest, player will get + or - relationship based on his/her race, and will be able to choose any factions if conditions are met.
Gosh, I wish somehow WarCraft mod would be available like Warsword Conquest....

Silver Wolf said:
Stauto said:
I was looking around and I noticed that no mods seem to ever focus on economy and politics. Instead, they are always "You ran from the death of your country, go kill anyone who disagrees with you" type mods. I would like one where you could purchase land and create a trading empire or mercenary empire, not just a war faction. In my opinion, the Trade skill seems kind of lame compared to fighting skills, and I am suggesting making a mod where they both could be used equally.

If I missed a mod like this, my apologies, please point me in the right direction.

A nice and realistic request ...Finally !
I would also like to see a mod which is mostly based on trading and diplomatic relations between the factions...

I feel like this could work with VC's fort feature. You could set up your own keep and, with some programming work, be able to set up operations for economic activities like sending caravans out to selling and buying from centers of choice. For the mercenary empire idea, i think with the outpost setup, you can work to make a mercenary company to send out on jobs or you can make an expensive contract with a king as a mercenary and provide mercenary troop parties, (maybe custom ones since they are your own mercenaries), to whatever war you are being paid to fight. You are essentially a faction that does not necessarily have to worry about fighting like a kingdom, with all the conquering and annoying lords raiding your well-off villages, because you are only an established business with no real claim to any king's land- you do what you are paid to do, no one is going to declare war on you for that (although that could be feature with some extra conditions). You can name your company and maintain finances so that the garrison of your fort and the satellite patrols and your mercenary parties are well-paid. You could potentially carry out special missions unique to owning a mercenary company like being ordered to besiege a center to distract enemy forces. As an economic empire you could be enticed to commit a trade war on a target faction, causing their armies to lose morale and their garrisons and parties to desert. After a while, sure you can establish a kingdom, but i think this idea has many possibilities. It makes me wish I knew more about the Warband code to do it, especially the mercenary company part, even though the economic empire concept is also pretty great. If i remember correctly, the author of Age of Arthur was able to make some changes to the VC fort feature to put it into a functional castle upgrade path, as well as upgrading villages to town centers. I think that shows it is possible, especially if the whole "establishing a merc/trade company" was the direct focus of the mod, since AoA had a lot of other stuff to take attention away from those already stellar additions of village and fort growth.

Korthos said:
Silver Wolf said:
Stauto said:
I was looking around and I noticed that no mods seem to ever focus on economy and politics. Instead, they are always "You ran from the death of your country, go kill anyone who disagrees with you" type mods. I would like one where you could purchase land and create a trading empire or mercenary empire, not just a war faction. In my opinion, the Trade skill seems kind of lame compared to fighting skills, and I am suggesting making a mod where they both could be used equally.

If I missed a mod like this, my apologies, please point me in the right direction.

A nice and realistic request ...Finally !
I would also like to see a mod which is mostly based on trading and diplomatic relations between the factions...

I feel like this could work with VC's fort feature. You could set up your own keep and, with some programming work, be able to set up operations for economic activities like sending caravans out to selling and buying from centers of choice. For the mercenary empire idea, i think with the outpost setup, you can work to make a mercenary company to send out on jobs or you can make an expensive contract with a king as a mercenary and provide mercenary troop parties, (maybe custom ones since they are your own mercenaries), to whatever war you are being paid to fight. You are essentially a faction that does not necessarily have to worry about fighting like a kingdom, with all the conquering and annoying lords raiding your well-off villages, because you are only an established business with no real claim to any king's land- you do what you are paid to do, no one is going to declare war on you for that (although that could be feature with some extra conditions). You can name your company and maintain finances so that the garrison of your fort and the satellite patrols and your mercenary parties are well-paid. You could potentially carry out special missions unique to owning a mercenary company like being ordered to besiege a center to distract enemy forces. As an economic empire you could be enticed to commit a trade war on a target faction, causing their armies to lose morale and their garrisons and parties to desert. After a while, sure you can establish a kingdom, but i think this idea has many possibilities. It makes me wish I knew more about the Warband code to do it, especially the mercenary company part, even though the economic empire concept is also pretty great. If i remember correctly, the author of Age of Arthur was able to make some changes to the VC fort feature to put it into a functional castle upgrade path, as well as upgrading villages to town centers. I think that shows it is possible, especially if the whole "establishing a merc/trade company" was the direct focus of the mod, since AoA had a lot of other stuff to take attention away from those already stellar additions of village and fort growth.
You have to keep in mind that this idea was suggested 10 years ago, VC was released 5 years ago. They would have based their mod idea on that version then for sure :wink:

NORD FOCUSED MOD

just wondering how many of you would be interested in a Nord focused Mod? Essentially the mod would be set during/close to the time of bannerlord but in Nordland or Jumne (Both names of the place were nords come from, in case youre not aware) It would give the player a better insight into the lore behind Nordland (unofficial, of course!) and the conditions where the war like mentality and the hostility of the land drove them to seek fortune in Calradia. I had the idea as the nords will be lacking in bannerlord except for a minor sturgian faction, most likely. But I just want to know how many people would be interested in a Nord focused mod, which would build on lore and history of the nords. Ill be happy to answer any questions but this is really in the starting stages and I am just trying to scope out how many would be interested :smile:

Many thanks

Any Elder Scrolls Mods? I think I haven't seen one except something about Dunmer Houses. For a simpler mod, I think Skyrim mod might be good enough... perhaps?
It's like
factions would be
Imperial Legion
-General Tulius
Solitude
-Leader: Jarl Elisif the Fair
-Pretender: Thane Erikur
Markarth
-Leader: Jarl Igmund
-Pretender: Thongvor Silver-Blood
Morthal
-Leader: Jarl Idgrod Ravencrone