Mod idea collection: I want this mod.

Users who are viewing this thread

djogloc02 said:
What about a mod in the Paraguay War? I never seen a mod for Warband with Brazil.
I think there was a project for that going on, there's a thread in the SP-PT forum, let the me link it for you.
Wait, you have already posted there :razz:

Very impressed with the thought you put into this, and with how well you articulate it.
I might point you to the currently in development .laigle. Mod.  Maybe your input there would be appreciated ... Laigle by docm

Norsefire said:
[size=24pt]THE EMPEROR STRIKES BACK[/size]

GKn2Lb6.jpg

Single Player Mod for Warband with Polished Landscapes.

Game Design Concept

The Emperor Strikes Back lets you relive the classic Hundred Days episode of the Napoleonic Wars, set directly after Napoleon reaches Paris from Elba.
Start date is March 20,1815
You can play as the French, Anglo-Allied and the Prussians.
The world map consists of Northern France, Belgium and the Rhineland. Littering the game world are villages, cities and forts/depots(castles) found in the area during 1815.

Hundred Days Campaign Area of Operations
wcvwvkl.jpg

[size=36pt][size=24pt]CONCEPTS

You can begin the game as a veteran of the campaigns of 1812,1813 and 1814(Freelancer integration for all factions), an officer or general in charge of troops or as the Commander-in-Chief of the factions itself(Napoleon, Wellington, Blucher).The Commander-in-Chief's tasks is the same with the Marshall in native, but with more control over the army.
These character backgrounds can be selected during the intro to the game.

If the player selects the veteran, officer or the general background, the first scene(the bandit attack in Native) will be changed to a European idyllic village scene(regardless of what faction you chose) where you participate in a drunken brawl outside of a tavern(free for all just like the tournaments in Native), then a Town Crier(the merchant in Native) will announce Napoleon has escaped from Elba and he marches into Paris unopposed.
If the player selects the Commander-in-Chief background you will start the game immediately in the following locations:
Paris for Napoleon
Brussels for Wellington
Namur for Blucher

The Commander-in-Chiefs will start the game with a number of companions already in your party, they will act as your staff so that you can coordinate the mobilization of your forces. For example Blucher will begin with his trusted chief-of-staff August von Gneisenau, his aide-de-camp Count Nostitz, a number of staff officers, a reigment of elite troops and a courtesan.

Generals and officers at the start of the game will be at full manpower strength consisting of trained troops and will contain a number of veteran troops. Commander-in-Chiefs along with his staff officers(companions) will lead a contingent of elite troops(Guard).

The difference on how many men an officer and a general can lead depends on their level, at the start of the game an officer is level 40(200 men)
while the general and Commander-in-Chief is at level 60(500 and 700 men respectively).

The Commander-in-Chief can assign each officers and generals to the three separate wings of the army (Left,Center,Right) and each wing will follow the lead of the assigned Marshal. In battle, this will be the basis for the starting positions of your troops.
The Artillery arm of the army is in direct control of the Commander-in-Chief, its placement on the battlefield will be done just like the "Hold Position" command in Native.

The charisma and persuasion skill of the Commander-in-Chief must be overpowered so that he can exercise total control of the faction's army.
The AI must be programmed to follow all of the Commander-in-Chief's commands disregarding the M&B AI like their tendency to seek out enemies on their own(unless the Commander-in-Chief orders them to).

Recruiting of Infantry troops will be done in villages under the control of your faction by using your persuasion level or forced conscription(low morale and likely to desert), and the conscripts will be brought to the Forts/Depots to train. To simulate desertion or this will be implemented by making the conscripts as prisoners in M&B gameplay, so that they will have a chance to escape while you are heading for the training sites. The AI must also be programmed to DO THIS recruiting method. To prevent massive amounts of Cavalry troops in your armies, the recruitment of Cavalry will be determined by how many horses the faction possesses in its depots. Horses are acquired in the villages or can be captured in the world map, their behavior would be like bandits in Native and their delivery into the depots will be like cattle. Training cavalry troops takes much longer than infantry. Artillery will also be determined by the number of cannons, these cannons however can only be manufactured in the workshops and factories found in the cities. You don't have to organize the cavalry and artillery arms from scratch however, as veteran troops of these arms will be available at the start of the game, also a set number of horses and cannons are ready in the stockpiles of your depots, just waiting for the men to use them.

For Wellington, he will have to rely on Belgian villages for recruits while Blucher will have to rely on villages along the Rhineland.
Commander-in-Chiefs can order their staff officers to send word to the generals and officers to recruit fresh troops in the villages.

With these great exertions of men and materiel, money will be needed, lots of it. At the start of the game each faction will receive a lump sum of money depending on the wealth of the faction. An example of this occured during March 1815, when Napoleon came back to power he discovered 50 million francs in the Treasury while the Imperial War Budget of 1815 is 100 million francs.
The expenses accumulated by the costs of the preparation will be deducted from the treasury on a weekly basis, just like in Native.
To accumulate wealth to support your ever growing army, players playing the Commander-in-Chief in the French side can raise taxes, which will affect your faction's relation with the cities and villages. While the Commander-in-Chief of the Anglo-Allied and Prussian factions will receive money from British subsidies on a weekly basis.

To feed these large numbers of men this is where the Caravan system in Native will be implemented,  caravans will travel from the cities to the forts/depots within the control of their faction. The AI of the generals and the officers would be programmed to order their staff officers to visit these depots in order to get their supplies, instead of looting and burning enemy villages. The option to raze the village will be replaced by "Search every house for forage" while the option "force the villagers to give you supplies" will also remain to reflect the foraging of troops during the era. These two options will have different penalties to your faction's relations with these villages.

Village relations will also affect the campaign, negative relations with villages under your faction's control gained either by conscription or foraging can have negative effect on the morale of the conscripts you bring into the depots while negative relations with villages of other factions will increase the army of the enemy faction as partisans will join in their ranks.

Considering the Waterloo Campaign started in June, you have two months worth of in-game days to assemble,recruit and train your conscripts for all factions. By early June the Emperor(Marshall for the French side) will gather the Armee du Nord and cross into Belgium if the player chose not to play as the Frencg C-in-C. This will be the signal for all Generals(Nobles) of all factions that the campaign has begun.
Militia troops( National Guard/Landwher/Fencibles) can also be used to bolster the ranks during the campaign, but remember there are cities and forts/depots to be garrisoned.

Players playing the C-in-C will be given the freedom to begin the campaign anytime they wish, but striking  without proper preparations is not advisable.

Players playing as officers can also harass the enemy mobilization efforts by launching your own incursions into enemy territory either for the chance of crippling veteran troops of the enemy faction before the main clash of arms begins in June, while risking your own veteran troops in the process.

By early July, no matter the outcome of the Belgian Campaign the game will spawn an invasion force of Austrians(10,000 men), then followed after a few days by the Russians(10,000 men). So it is imperative for the French side to crush the Anglo-Allied and Prussians then shift to the defense in order to stop the Austro-Russian advance.

When this begins, the French faction will have support in the form of franc-tireurs, these independent units will spawn near French villages. They will not engage enemy troops by themselves and flee once chased, but once you engage an enemy force, they will assist in the battle if nearby.

It is possible for the Belgian campaign to end in one great deciding battle as all the officers and generals in your army will be following you, I think 10,000 troops for each faction in one battle (30,000 men!) would give the mod an epic feel to it. The number of troops present in the battlefield at once is still determined by your battlesizer, but the recommended battle size would be 500 or 1000 men. The battlefields must also be widened to enable more room for maneuver.

So what do you guys think? Suggestions are welcomed to get this discussion started.

I've been looking around for Lord of The Rings mods for a while and so far I'm not seeing what I'm looking for. I know about Veiled Stars and Third Age and so on, but my problem with those is they're so focused on sticking to the lore to the letter that it's restricting the player freedom that's characteristic of the native game. In short, what I was looking for is a Lord of the Rings mod that is pretty much like the native game with a few enhancements, just set in the Lord of the Rings universe with appropriate units and so forth. You know, kinda like how Star Wars Conquest works. If anybody knows of one or wants to make one for me I'd be very grateful.

When I read Grand history of Eberron (D&D setting), I noticed The last war was quite like Game of thrones and very fitting in Mount&blade with a very comprehensible map http://eberron.wikia.com/wiki/Khorvaire having locations for each site type, being town, castle, village. It would feature fairly distinct races, from technologically advanced Breland with warforged, through religious priests of Thrane, to Karrnath with occasional undead. Despite some resources already available and no need for that many new scenes, would be still a lot of work and some problems may arise with WotC.

immortalfrieza said:
I've been looking around for Lord of The Rings mods for a while and so far I'm not seeing what I'm looking for. I know about Veiled Stars and Third Age and so on, but my problem with those is they're so focused on sticking to the lore to the letter that it's restricting the player freedom that's characteristic of the native game. In short, what I was looking for is a Lord of the Rings mod that is pretty much like the native game with a few enhancements, just set in the Lord of the Rings universe with appropriate units and so forth. You know, kinda like how Star Wars Conquest works. If anybody knows of one or wants to make one for me I'd be very grateful.

Yea, you can try Blood in the West and even The Veiled Stars, but I don't think you will like The Last Days of Third Age, but still a awesome mod,, and it's for Warband now.

I'd like to see a historical based Three Kingdoms period mod. I'm actually tempted to try my hand at such a thing, but first I need to learn how to model without completely messing things up. I tried editing the Calradia map in Blender and somehow screwed it up to the point that I was getting an error that the main party couldn't spawn every time I started a new game, and all I did was change some of the mountain materials to plains.

Hopefully modelling things like Chinese armour and crossbows will go better...

So I've been thinking for some time about the best way to implement the warband sandbox campaign to multiplayer, and I have come up with this idea.
Basically overall it works the same as native single-player (minus fast travel & waiting) with the main changes being in how battles "work" and revamping sieges and a total overhall of the camp.

Sieges: Instead of the usual method of walking up to a castle and just waiting for siege equipment to be built, the player now has to create a siege camp. What this does is allows the player to hire siege equipment, such as siege towers and ladders bypassing the wait timers. However the camp does take time to set up as well as the disadvantages of having to move siege towers around (movement speed debuffs depending on type of equipment and how much you have.) Also new types of siege equipment will be added, such as battering rams.

Catapults: The player now has the ability to add artillery to their army. Their are two types of artillery available to the player: The Catapult and The Trebuchet. You also have several types of ammunition at your disposal.
  • Catapults come in two size variants, small and large, and are meant for battle, being lighter and leas cumbersome than their counterparts. However, they are not to strong, and work better in groups.
  • Trebuchets are power houses, being able to launch devastating projectiles, but are slow and cumber some. This causes them to be used more in a support role during sieges, withering down enemy forces gathered on the ramparts.

More Dynamic Sieges and Town Looting: Town looting and sieges will be completely changed, with the ability for players to plan out a siege and set up several entrance points for sieges. Also, looting towns brings the player to a scene where you have to destroy a house to loot it. All infantry troops are given both a throwable torch and a weapon variant that do increases damage to destroyable targets to help speed up the process. The main point is to shorten the time it takes to raid villages since you can't fast forward through the waiting times.

New Troops: With new siege options come new troops. This includes siege engineers (who man every complex piece of siege equipment), Pikemen who can force ladders off of walls, and other troops along the same premise.

Tactical Battle Planner: A top down version of a regular battle that is displayed on the tactical mao accessed by pressing backspace. Plays out like a normal battle but can be speed up or slowed down.

Wooden Fort: A small ramshackle fort that can be built from the camp menu. Allows the player to create a "front" when on a long campaign. Can also be used to help jumpstart a kingdom by giving the player an extra fort. It is, however, easily overrun, making it more of a short term solution than a more permanent structure.  Can be dismantled and reassembled elsewhere.

Thats all I can think off at the moment, I'll probably have more ideas but that is for a latter date.

Thanks man! appreciate it. I think docm is pretty busy with L'aigle though, and implementing my mod ideas into L'aigle would delay the mod more (we've been waiting for too long already :smile:). I'm envisioning Emperor Strikes Back as a more visceral and intimate look into Napoleonic Warfare during the Hundred Days, and the time period would perfectly present a do-or-die atmosphere for the mod.

Amman de Stazia said:
Very impressed with the thought you put into this, and with how well you articulate it.
I might point you to the currently in development .laigle. Mod.  Maybe your input there would be appreciated ... Laigle by docm

Norsefire said:
[size=24pt]THE EMPEROR STRIKES BACK[/size]

GKn2Lb6.jpg

Single Player Mod for Warband with Polished Landscapes.

Game Design Concept

The Emperor Strikes Back lets you relive the classic Hundred Days episode of the Napoleonic Wars, set directly after Napoleon reaches Paris from Elba.
Start date is March 20,1815
You can play as the French, Anglo-Allied and the Prussians.
The world map consists of Northern France, Belgium and the Rhineland. Littering the game world are villages, cities and forts/depots(castles) found in the area during 1815.

Hundred Days Campaign Area of Operations
wcvwvkl.jpg

[size=36pt][size=24pt]CONCEPTS

You can begin the game as a veteran of the campaigns of 1812,1813 and 1814(Freelancer integration for all factions), an officer or general in charge of troops or as the Commander-in-Chief of the factions itself(Napoleon, Wellington, Blucher).The Commander-in-Chief's tasks is the same with the Marshall in native, but with more control over the army.
These character backgrounds can be selected during the intro to the game.

If the player selects the veteran, officer or the general background, the first scene(the bandit attack in Native) will be changed to a European idyllic village scene(regardless of what faction you chose) where you participate in a drunken brawl outside of a tavern(free for all just like the tournaments in Native), then a Town Crier(the merchant in Native) will announce Napoleon has escaped from Elba and he marches into Paris unopposed.
If the player selects the Commander-in-Chief background you will start the game immediately in the following locations:
Paris for Napoleon
Brussels for Wellington
Namur for Blucher

The Commander-in-Chiefs will start the game with a number of companions already in your party, they will act as your staff so that you can coordinate the mobilization of your forces. For example Blucher will begin with his trusted chief-of-staff August von Gneisenau, his aide-de-camp Count Nostitz, a number of staff officers, a reigment of elite troops and a courtesan.

Generals and officers at the start of the game will be at full manpower strength consisting of trained troops and will contain a number of veteran troops. Commander-in-Chiefs along with his staff officers(companions) will lead a contingent of elite troops(Guard).

The difference on how many men an officer and a general can lead depends on their level, at the start of the game an officer is level 40(200 men)
while the general and Commander-in-Chief is at level 60(500 and 700 men respectively).

The Commander-in-Chief can assign each officers and generals to the three separate wings of the army (Left,Center,Right) and each wing will follow the lead of the assigned Marshal. In battle, this will be the basis for the starting positions of your troops.
The Artillery arm of the army is in direct control of the Commander-in-Chief, its placement on the battlefield will be done just like the "Hold Position" command in Native.

The charisma and persuasion skill of the Commander-in-Chief must be overpowered so that he can exercise total control of the faction's army.
The AI must be programmed to follow all of the Commander-in-Chief's commands disregarding the M&B AI like their tendency to seek out enemies on their own(unless the Commander-in-Chief orders them to).

Recruiting of Infantry troops will be done in villages under the control of your faction by using your persuasion level or forced conscription(low morale and likely to desert), and the conscripts will be brought to the Forts/Depots to train. To simulate desertion or this will be implemented by making the conscripts as prisoners in M&B gameplay, so that they will have a chance to escape while you are heading for the training sites. The AI must also be programmed to DO THIS recruiting method. To prevent massive amounts of Cavalry troops in your armies, the recruitment of Cavalry will be determined by how many horses the faction possesses in its depots. Horses are acquired in the villages or can be captured in the world map, their behavior would be like bandits in Native and their delivery into the depots will be like cattle. Training cavalry troops takes much longer than infantry. Artillery will also be determined by the number of cannons, these cannons however can only be manufactured in the workshops and factories found in the cities. You don't have to organize the cavalry and artillery arms from scratch however, as veteran troops of these arms will be available at the start of the game, also a set number of horses and cannons are ready in the stockpiles of your depots, just waiting for the men to use them.

For Wellington, he will have to rely on Belgian villages for recruits while Blucher will have to rely on villages along the Rhineland.
Commander-in-Chiefs can order their staff officers to send word to the generals and officers to recruit fresh troops in the villages.

With these great exertions of men and materiel, money will be needed, lots of it. At the start of the game each faction will receive a lump sum of money depending on the wealth of the faction. An example of this occured during March 1815, when Napoleon came back to power he discovered 50 million francs in the Treasury while the Imperial War Budget of 1815 is 100 million francs.
The expenses accumulated by the costs of the preparation will be deducted from the treasury on a weekly basis, just like in Native.
To accumulate wealth to support your ever growing army, players playing the Commander-in-Chief in the French side can raise taxes, which will affect your faction's relation with the cities and villages. While the Commander-in-Chief of the Anglo-Allied and Prussian factions will receive money from British subsidies on a weekly basis.

To feed these large numbers of men this is where the Caravan system in Native will be implemented,  caravans will travel from the cities to the forts/depots within the control of their faction. The AI of the generals and the officers would be programmed to order their staff officers to visit these depots in order to get their supplies, instead of looting and burning enemy villages. The option to raze the village will be replaced by "Search every house for forage" while the option "force the villagers to give you supplies" will also remain to reflect the foraging of troops during the era. These two options will have different penalties to your faction's relations with these villages.

Village relations will also affect the campaign, negative relations with villages under your faction's control gained either by conscription or foraging can have negative effect on the morale of the conscripts you bring into the depots while negative relations with villages of other factions will increase the army of the enemy faction as partisans will join in their ranks.

Considering the Waterloo Campaign started in June, you have two months worth of in-game days to assemble,recruit and train your conscripts for all factions. By early June the Emperor(Marshall for the French side) will gather the Armee du Nord and cross into Belgium if the player chose not to play as the Frencg C-in-C. This will be the signal for all Generals(Nobles) of all factions that the campaign has begun.
Militia troops( National Guard/Landwher/Fencibles) can also be used to bolster the ranks during the campaign, but remember there are cities and forts/depots to be garrisoned.

Players playing the C-in-C will be given the freedom to begin the campaign anytime they wish, but striking  without proper preparations is not advisable.

Players playing as officers can also harass the enemy mobilization efforts by launching your own incursions into enemy territory either for the chance of crippling veteran troops of the enemy faction before the main clash of arms begins in June, while risking your own veteran troops in the process.

By early July, no matter the outcome of the Belgian Campaign the game will spawn an invasion force of Austrians(10,000 men), then followed after a few days by the Russians(10,000 men). So it is imperative for the French side to crush the Anglo-Allied and Prussians then shift to the defense in order to stop the Austro-Russian advance.

When this begins, the French faction will have support in the form of franc-tireurs, these independent units will spawn near French villages. They will not engage enemy troops by themselves and flee once chased, but once you engage an enemy force, they will assist in the battle if nearby.

It is possible for the Belgian campaign to end in one great deciding battle as all the officers and generals in your army will be following you, I think 10,000 troops for each faction in one battle (30,000 men!) would give the mod an epic feel to it. The number of troops present in the battlefield at once is still determined by your battlesizer, but the recommended battle size would be 500 or 1000 men. The battlefields must also be widened to enable more room for maneuver.

So what do you guys think? Suggestions are welcomed to get this discussion started.

Right here is my idea. i would want a mod where you could create your own kingdom from scratch for example when you camp or whatever you have the ability to create a castle, village etc. But costing a price obviously... From there you can flourish into a huge kingdom and over come the other kingdoms like the vaigers or the swadians... I know i'm a bit late and all with the game but this mod could make warband a whole lot more enjoyable for everyone. So my ideas out there this is only brief of the mod it could be, it can be much bigger :wink:

good idea, i think there is already something similar to that, but what would stop the map from becoming clustered with castles/villages etc

LionStrong said:
good idea, i think there is already something similar to that, but what would stop the map from becoming clustered with castles/villages etc
Yeah i know true that what you could do if you went and captured a castle you can actually demolish the castle and start building a new one but costing you at the same time obviously

LionStrong said:

Maybe these new castles, villages, etc could only be built on a dozen or so predetermined building locations spread around the map? Also, maybe other factions, bandits, and other random heroes could build on top of them as well as the player, so you'd have to race to stake your claim.

Back
Top Bottom