Mod idea collection: I want this mod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Not entirely sure this fits into this thread but it was the closest I could find as it isn't really a case for the off-topic forum. This is less of a request and more of me letting off some steam by putting out what's running around in my mind. :wink:

Wars of Beleriand

Note: I do not profess to have a good grasp oon Tolkien's work at all but please put up with me.

Starting date: 465 and onwards (due to the passing of time the timeline will be seriously wrecked up in terms of date :sad:)

Will start between the Battle of the Sudden Flame (Dagor Bragollach) and when the first Silmarill was returned from Morgoth and go on up to the time of the War of Wrath.

Factions

Angband
Tol-in-Gaurhoth
*Potentially others as well*

Noldor
Sons of Fëanor
Sons of Fingolfin
Gondolin

Sindar
Falas
Doriath

Nandor

Dwarves
Gabilgathol (Belegost)
Tumunzahar (Nogrod)

Humans
Edain
Houses of Bëor
House of Haldin
House of Hador

Easterlings
House of Bór
House of Ulfang
*Others to fill out the numbers, I got got the impression that there should be more than just two Houses*

Special dynamics - can be turned off or on

War against Morgoth - The largest special dynamics which tries to re-create the war between Morgoth and Beleriand. If activated it will at a pre-set level for the character* form the Union of Maedhros with the Sons of Fëanor and all those having a positive relation with these and going on**, united into a large army that march off to attack Angband.

This leads to a scripted battle involving specially made battlefields where the character gets to fight in the Battle of Unnumbered Tears (Nirnaeth Arnoediad) in a number of battle scenes***, starting with storming into to attack Angband and then a fighting withdrawl and some epic scenes from the battle. Most likely the Union will lose but if the character is really, really ,really awesome they might be able to win through and actually defeat Morgoth to recover the Silmarils and drive the Dark Lord into exile. But this should be very unlikely to happen. More likley is that the character is knocked down or gets to figth his way out of the battle and return south.

During the battle the Easterlings will have a good chance to turn against the Union, unless they've got a solid relation with one or more of the character fighting for the union, like the PC for example, in which case they'll stay true.

Also the better the war goes for Morgoth, the less likely anti-Morgoth factions are to attack each other.

If the war would got very well for Morgoth then the War of Wrath will start where a large and really powerful army from Valinor will land and start to march straight to and attack Morgoth's different bastions untill they turn directly against Angband. While this may be seem a bit cheesy it should give evil characters a challenging end game.

*Activated when the character reaches level 15, 30 or 45

**Example: Maedhros has a +35 relation with Belegost and Belegost's king has a +24 relation with Bór even while Bór has a -13 relation with Maedhros. In this case both Belegost and House of Bór will march to support the Union due to a chain of relation drawing them in. If Bór would have more - to his relation with Maedhros than + with Belegost he would not join the union.

*** Due to the massive scale of the battle there should be a chance to save the games from now and then between the battle scenes.

If turned off factions will wage wars and attack each other as per the normal rules of diplomacy.

Hunt for the Silmarils - With this one the one character who possess one or more of the silmarills will draw aggression from both Angband and the Sons of Fëanor to his or her person, including provking wars against the faction he or she is with, and most likely be hunted rather relentlessly by the named two factions, including spawning special warbands that follow the character around. But holding on the silmarills can give tremendous benefits as well as giving you the best possible relation if you should freely give the jewels to either the Sons of Fëanor or Morgoth.

If turned off the Silmarills will only give a certain diplomatic advantage to the character that possess them.

Easterling Alliegence - With this one the Easterlings are the only factions who can shift between the sides. At the start of the game they have a secret pact with Morgoth but if they have a sufficent high relation with a non-Morgoth afflicted character then they will break away from the Dark Lord and instead join the side that fights against Morgoth. Different Houses will have a different threashold with the House of Bór the lowest and the House of Ulfang the highest.

If turned off the Easterlings will just be a group of neutral factions that can fight and ally with both sides.

Bastions of Evil - When Morgoth captures specific settlements and castles new factions allied to Angband will be created under the leadership of one or another of Morgoth's commanders from where they will continue to wage wars. See Sauron in Tol-in-Gaurhoth and Glaurung in Nargothrond. If a place has been corrupted by the forces of Morgoth, they holding it for a long time, then that place will have a new appearence and be destroyed if re-taken by the non-Morgoth side.

If turned off all settlements will be captured and re-captured as normal.

Forward Camps - To keep the war going the idea of giving forward camps to factions as the frontlines shift in TLD mod should of course be adapted, if given permission.

If turned off, well the war might get very boring rather fast. :grin:

I was wondering if anybody knew any Pirate mods?
I found these two, but one is not really what I am looking for and the other is not complete.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,100066.0.html
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,262462.0.html

Multiplayer roleplaying server: Calradian Nobility, or Unum Per Centum.

The Premise
A roleplaying multiplayer mod (or heavily modified native server) centered around life at court. Politics and poetry, fencing, fighting, torture, revenge, etc. Rather than solely combat, the server(s) would be focused on intrigue, strategy, romance, and above all story. The game is centered on the kings palace, populated by several noble houses, feasting, jousting, and scheming with one another. The king, who is the recently crowned ruler of all of calradia (this would take place a year or so after the start of warband SP) when the server starts, or when the server forums go up or whatever, begins with ownership of every single fief on the map. Because controlling this wold be such a b***h to do by himself, he parcels it out to some "trusted" lords and ladies. (NOTE: this would obviousy be completely imaginary, being nothing more than a title really) This would be accomplished OOC via forum application, each player wanting to found a noble house having to clear it with whoever is chosen as king, and the king assigns this new lord an area of the map, like so:

Noble Application approved
Arise, Count DeMoney, I name you lord of Haringoth Castle, and grant you all revinues and honors associated with that title

ooor something like that, but you get the idea. But anyway, once the lord has been accepted he founds his own noble house, chooses a banner, and joins the server. Once the kings holding are down to a manageable size lord applications will stop being accepted and the great houses begin to populate. As the lords had to request entry from the king, a player wanting to join a particular house will have to apply to the patriarch of the family. Be it wife, son, daughter, maid, or guard. You may also apply to be a member of the royal family, though for obvious reason the acceptance rate would be kept low. You can also apply to not be associated with any noble house at all. Below is a full list of stations and titles available to play as, '~' denoting the feminine version:

The Classes

The crown:
King~Queen: The highest authority in the land, lord paramount of the landed nobility.
Crown Prince~Crown Princess: The heir to the throne.
Prince~Princess: Son or daughter of a king but not first in the line of succession.
The Nobility:
Duke~Duchess: Holds at least one town (Duchy/Dukedom)
Earl/Count~Countess: Holds at least one Castle (County/Earldom)
Baron~Baroness: Holds at least one village (Barony/Manor)
The Gentry:
Knight: Unnlanded son of a nobleman trained in Knighthood and sworn to the service of a Lord.
Esquire/Gentleman~Lady: Unlanded son/daughter of a nobleman who has never been knighted.
The Security:
Royal Guard: Common-born soldier sworn to the service of the Royal family
Household Guard: Common-Born soldier sworn to the service of a Noble family.
The attendants:
Squire: Adolescent son of a nobleman training to be a knight in the service of one.
Lady-in-Waiting/Handmaiden: Servant and personal Confidante of a noblewoman.
The entertainment:
Troubador/Minstrel/Bard: Musician and or poet formally invited to court to perform for the lords and Ladies.
Jester: Clown or Fool, mainly performing at feast, giving riddles, telling jokes, and being the ridicule of the entire court.
The Gameplay
So once all of that above is sorted, what exactly do you DO on the server you may ask. Well it's a roleplay server, so roleplay. If you are the head of a noble house, you'll probably spend your days and nights Tywin-Lannistering it up marrying off your daughters, and attending to the kings council. If you are a guardsman or a knight, you may very well be having a bash in the practice ring, or refining you shooting skills at the archery range, OR if you tire of practice you might see if you can't cook up an excuse for a nice duel. Ladies might enjoy chatting and gossiping in the garden, or watch a performance from whatever dashing troubador has cought the courts eye. The feasting hall is always kept stocked, The forge is always kept lit, and your rivals aren't going anywhere quite yet. You can Duel, joust, woo, plot, or if you'd fancy just sit around and talk. But to hilight some more specific rules and mechanics I'm thinking of, here:

A clarification on fiefs
Now if your character owns land, you obviously aren't able to visit it personally. However that does not make them meaningless. For one thing, you get weekly tax revenue which will help you aqcuire better equipment (swords, armor, horses, expensive gifts and the like) as well as enough money for those expensive wedding dowries, and manintainig your personal guard. You also may levy troops from your fiefs for militiary campaigns, which are explained under "War".  And apart from that, you also get the swanky title. if your largest holding is a village (In this parallel dimension known as a barony or manor), you are known as 'Baron', if your largest holding is a castle (here reffered to as Earldoms or Counties) you are formally adressed as Earl, or Count, and if you are lord of a town (Duchy or Dukedom) you are a duke.
(NOTE: While doing a little research for this mod, I crunched the numbers and the calradia of native warband has a ridiculously high approximate total town population to village population, so I decided to count castles as also having its own individual village, bringing the townsman:farmer ratio a little closer to sane levels)

Marriage and Children:
When two characters wuv eachother very very much....or their parents want an alliance verry very much, it might just be the right time to get hitched. By custom, the patriarchs of the two families meet and work out things like the dowry and wedding expenses. Once that's settled, the couple and both their houses go before the king and he performs a small ceremony, at which the two exchange nonspecific vows and rings and yadayadayada we've all been to a wedding at some point. Anyway, once the two are married, they can have children if they want to. If they decide to have a little lordling of their very own, it will take about one irl month after the deed is done until the child is born. Now, no one wants to rolepay a mother for a fricken year just for continuity, so time conveniently warps around the little tyke and once a willing player is found, begins life at court as an adolescent, possibly to be squired to another knight.

War
Now just because all of CALRADIA is under the kings control doesn't mean that there aren't foreign enemies. If you pay attention to certain pieces of dialogue or are familiar with the lore at all, you'll know that there are nordlanders and geroians out there. So when the kingdoms coffers get a little on the empty side, or things get boring or whatever the king can declare war. This, again, takes place completely in the imagination of course, but there is a system to it. I mentioned earlier how fiefs would provide troop levies right? Well they do. Each holding you possess grants you a certain number of soldiers you can raise. For example, every barony lets you raise 50 troops, every earldom lets you raise 75 soldiers, every duchy gives you 125 and you get the idea. Now lets say a bit of a civil war breaks out, and you are fighting another lord. You have 200 troops, he has 100, and both of you commit all of your men. . The way a battle is fought is by the attacker /rolling 100. This role determines what percentage of both armies suffered. The result of the role is the percentage of the deaths inflicted on the enemy, and the result subtracted from 100 equals how many of the casualties were on your side. Here's an example:
200>100
roll=75
150>25
Because you rolled a 75, 75% of the ememies forces are dead, and 25% of yours are too. After and attack has been rolled, one side may decide to retreat, in which case the other lord wins. But if a losing commander does not retreat, and his army count reaches the negatives, he dies, see "Death" for more. Now apart from kicks why would one go to war? Well loot for one. Each enemy soldier killed gets you a small amount of gold, and if you keep rolling lucky you'll earn up a small fortune. Not to mention the honor and fame that comes with militiary accomplishment.
You might want to show a BIT of restraint though since it takes quite a while for your levies to replenish after a crushing defeat.

Death
Sometimes characters just kheel over and die. Sometimes they're "helped". Be it  execution for high treason, in a duel for a ladies honor, a jousting accident, food poisoning, or "accidentily" slipping and falling off of the tallest tower, No character is immune. But regardless, when a character dies it is a sad occasion for all. When a patriarch dies, any lands he had held personally are bequeethed upon his oldest son, the new patriarch. If a lord dies without an heir however, the titles revert to the crown. If the KING dies however, and he has no heir....oh boy. Yeah there aren't an awful lot of ways that can end well. Most likely civil war. But hey, that's why having children is a really good idea.

Here is a very crude and by no means final draft for what the map could possibly look like.
NobilityServer_zps75b589ac.png.html

Michadr said:
I found these two, but one is not really what I am looking for and the other is not complete.

yeah theres like a mod for everything else except for pirates

Modder223 said:
Michadr said:

yeah theres like a mod for everything else except for pirates
NOTE: By the time I was typing this, I hadn't seen any pirate Mod, and I didn't know about those two linked above. So, practically, I'm typing in blind.

I think the main reason we are not seeing any pirate Mods is due to Warband's engine limitations.
When we speak about pirates, we imagine old sea lions full of scars, eye patches and parrots. We imagine them with striped shirts and coats, and armed with sabres and pistols. This can be easily modelled and put into Warband.

However, talking about pirates involves also their most important aspect: battles at sea. Some Mods like Brytenwalda, Europe 1200, etc., have implemented seafaring, which is cool, but most of them -if not all- have a very basic version of it: very few and very small ships.
Now I know some pirates used small and fast ships to assault other, sometimes bigger, ones. If anyone decides to do that -small ship of pirates vs. a small ship of traders or whatever-, that Mod would certainly be fun. Nonetheless, not every player will like to have only a small ship, and they would like to see, say, Galleys and War Frigates as well rather than Sloops only. The question here would be: how to do that? How would you implement a big ship with two or three decks, with all its cannons and rigs, into the game?

Docm30 has done an incredible work adding big ships into L'AIGLE, but we still don't know how they work. Are they like Britenwalda's, manouverable? Or they just move in certain coded pattern to end side to side at a point? That's what a modder would have to ask him/herself when trying to implement vessels into the game.
Also, there are cannons and stuff which we can't forget about, but I assume those can be ignored (nobody wants to be friggin' in the riggin' while at battle, and that can be left to the AI).

I'm not against a pirate Mod -actually, I'd love to see one-, but I think that making one, a realistc enough one, would not be an easy task though.

Sorry for typos. On cellphone.
EDIT: Fixed my typos and added some more stuff..

It's certainly possible on the Warband engine, but sea travel will probably be in Bannerlord anyway, so there isn't really a point.

Eh, considering that sea travel was in Warband screenshots before they decided to wait on it, I assume that they'll want to put it into Bannerlord.

The devs haven't said that of course, but it's my guess.

And here's one more from me, although a shorty!

While we have several mods concerning the War of Five Kings in Westeros something which would be really cool would be a mod concerning the Blackfyre Rebellion in Westeros. Specifically for a team which wants to strike out on its own and not compete with a bunch of other mods focused on the same setting and conflicts.

Here's a very simple idea that could be as simple as tweaking game files for existing mods, but I'm completely ignorant to this sort of stuff so that's merely a guess.

I always hated how weapons pass through models like a warm blade through butter, yet we're not ACTUALLY chopping them in half or impaling them all the way through. I'll swing, essentially behead a guy and only do 25 damage, and that's okay balance wise, but visually? Have you ever swung your sword or what have you at a citizen in town or a friendly unit? The blade model obviously chops into them, but it doesn't "pass through" and that's the game's way of differentiating visually between friendly fire and not-so-friendly fire. I actually believe the "friendly" swings look way more realistic and engaging. A single sword swing very rarely goes all the way through a limb, especially when they're armored. The few inches of chop-penetration that the friendly "bounce off" swings provide is visually stimulating and basically, I want that to be on all the time against enemies too. 

Any ideas, modders?

crimsonstone said:
Here's a very simple idea that could be as simple as tweaking game files for existing mods, but I'm completely ignorant to this sort of stuff so that's merely a guess.

I always hated how weapons pass through models like a warm blade through butter, yet we're not ACTUALLY chopping them in half or impaling them all the way through. I'll swing, essentially behead a guy and only do 25 damage, and that's okay balance wise, but visually? Have you ever swung your sword or what have you at a citizen in town or a friendly unit? The blade model obviously chops into them, but it doesn't "pass through" and that's the game's way of differentiating visually between friendly fire and not-so-friendly fire. I actually believe the "friendly" swings look way more realistic and engaging. A single sword swing very rarely goes all the way through a limb, especially when they're armored. The few inches of chop-penetration that the friendly "bounce off" swings provide is visually stimulating and basically, I want that to be on all the time against enemies too. 

Any ideas, modders?
its rly not the modders fault the warband engine has severe limitations

Destroyer_of_Cities! said:
Multiplayer roleplaying server: Calradian Nobility, or Unum Per Centum.

The Premise
A roleplaying multiplayer mod (or heavily modified native server) centered around life at court. Politics and poetry, fencing, fighting, torture, revenge, etc. Rather than solely combat, the server(s) would be focused on intrigue, strategy, romance, and above all story. The game is centered on the kings palace, populated by several noble houses, feasting, jousting, and scheming with one another. The king, who is the recently crowned ruler of all of calradia (this would take place a year or so after the start of warband SP) when the server starts, or when the server forums go up or whatever, begins with ownership of every single fief on the map. Because controlling this wold be such a b***h to do by himself, he parcels it out to some "trusted" lords and ladies. (NOTE: this would obviousy be completely imaginary, being nothing more than a title really) This would be accomplished OOC via forum application, each player wanting to found a noble house having to clear it with whoever is chosen as king, and the king assigns this new lord an area of the map, like so:

Noble Application approved
Arise, Count DeMoney, I name you lord of Haringoth Castle, and grant you all revinues and honors associated with that title

ooor something like that, but you get the idea. But anyway, once the lord has been accepted he founds his own noble house, chooses a banner, and joins the server. Once the kings holding are down to a manageable size lord applications will stop being accepted and the great houses begin to populate. As the lords had to request entry from the king, a player wanting to join a particular house will have to apply to the patriarch of the family. Be it wife, son, daughter, maid, or guard. You may also apply to be a member of the royal family, though for obvious reason the acceptance rate would be kept low. You can also apply to not be associated with any noble house at all. Below is a full list of stations and titles available to play as, '~' denoting the feminine version:

The Classes

The crown:
King~Queen: The highest authority in the land, lord paramount of the landed nobility.
Crown Prince~Crown Princess: The heir to the throne.
Prince~Princess: Son or daughter of a king but not first in the line of succession.
The Nobility:
Duke~Duchess: Holds at least one town (Duchy/Dukedom)
Earl/Count~Countess: Holds at least one Castle (County/Earldom)
Baron~Baroness: Holds at least one village (Barony/Manor)
The Gentry:
Knight: Unnlanded son of a nobleman trained in Knighthood and sworn to the service of a Lord.
Esquire/Gentleman~Lady: Unlanded son/daughter of a nobleman who has never been knighted.
The Security:
Royal Guard: Common-born soldier sworn to the service of the Royal family
Household Guard: Common-Born soldier sworn to the service of a Noble family.
The attendants:
Squire: Adolescent son of a nobleman training to be a knight in the service of one.
Lady-in-Waiting/Handmaiden: Servant and personal Confidante of a noblewoman.
The entertainment:
Troubador/Minstrel/Bard: Musician and or poet formally invited to court to perform for the lords and Ladies.
Jester: Clown or Fool, mainly performing at feast, giving riddles, telling jokes, and being the ridicule of the entire court.
The Gameplay
So once all of that above is sorted, what exactly do you DO on the server you may ask. Well it's a roleplay server, so roleplay. If you are the head of a noble house, you'll probably spend your days and nights Tywin-Lannistering it up marrying off your daughters, and attending to the kings council. If you are a guardsman or a knight, you may very well be having a bash in the practice ring, or refining you shooting skills at the archery range, OR if you tire of practice you might see if you can't cook up an excuse for a nice duel. Ladies might enjoy chatting and gossiping in the garden, or watch a performance from whatever dashing troubador has cought the courts eye. The feasting hall is always kept stocked, The forge is always kept lit, and your rivals aren't going anywhere quite yet. You can Duel, joust, woo, plot, or if you'd fancy just sit around and talk. But to hilight some more specific rules and mechanics I'm thinking of, here:

A clarification on fiefs
Now if your character owns land, you obviously aren't able to visit it personally. However that does not make them meaningless. For one thing, you get weekly tax revenue which will help you aqcuire better equipment (swords, armor, horses, expensive gifts and the like) as well as enough money for those expensive wedding dowries, and manintainig your personal guard. You also may levy troops from your fiefs for militiary campaigns, which are explained under "War".  And apart from that, you also get the swanky title. if your largest holding is a village (In this parallel dimension known as a barony or manor), you are known as 'Baron', if your largest holding is a castle (here reffered to as Earldoms or Counties) you are formally adressed as Earl, or Count, and if you are lord of a town (Duchy or Dukedom) you are a duke.
(NOTE: While doing a little research for this mod, I crunched the numbers and the calradia of native warband has a ridiculously high approximate total town population to village population, so I decided to count castles as also having its own individual village, bringing the townsman:farmer ratio a little closer to sane levels)

Marriage and Children:
When two characters wuv eachother very very much....or their parents want an alliance verry very much, it might just be the right time to get hitched. By custom, the patriarchs of the two families meet and work out things like the dowry and wedding expenses. Once that's settled, the couple and both their houses go before the king and he performs a small ceremony, at which the two exchange nonspecific vows and rings and yadayadayada we've all been to a wedding at some point. Anyway, once the two are married, they can have children if they want to. If they decide to have a little lordling of their very own, it will take about one irl month after the deed is done until the child is born. Now, no one wants to rolepay a mother for a fricken year just for continuity, so time conveniently warps around the little tyke and once a willing player is found, begins life at court as an adolescent, possibly to be squired to another knight.

War
Now just because all of CALRADIA is under the kings control doesn't mean that there aren't foreign enemies. If you pay attention to certain pieces of dialogue or are familiar with the lore at all, you'll know that there are nordlanders and geroians out there. So when the kingdoms coffers get a little on the empty side, or things get boring or whatever the king can declare war. This, again, takes place completely in the imagination of course, but there is a system to it. I mentioned earlier how fiefs would provide troop levies right? Well they do. Each holding you possess grants you a certain number of soldiers you can raise. For example, every barony lets you raise 50 troops, every earldom lets you raise 75 soldiers, every duchy gives you 125 and you get the idea. Now lets say a bit of a civil war breaks out, and you are fighting another lord. You have 200 troops, he has 100, and both of you commit all of your men. . The way a battle is fought is by the attacker /rolling 100. This role determines what percentage of both armies suffered. The result of the role is the percentage of the deaths inflicted on the enemy, and the result subtracted from 100 equals how many of the casualties were on your side. Here's an example:
200>100
roll=75
150>25
Because you rolled a 75, 75% of the ememies forces are dead, and 25% of yours are too. After and attack has been rolled, one side may decide to retreat, in which case the other lord wins. But if a losing commander does not retreat, and his army count reaches the negatives, he dies, see "Death" for more. Now apart from kicks why would one go to war? Well loot for one. Each enemy soldier killed gets you a small amount of gold, and if you keep rolling lucky you'll earn up a small fortune. Not to mention the honor and fame that comes with militiary accomplishment.
You might want to show a BIT of restraint though since it takes quite a while for your levies to replenish after a crushing defeat.

Death
Sometimes characters just kheel over and die. Sometimes they're "helped". Be it  execution for high treason, in a duel for a ladies honor, a jousting accident, food poisoning, or "accidentily" slipping and falling off of the tallest tower, No character is immune. But regardless, when a character dies it is a sad occasion for all. When a patriarch dies, any lands he had held personally are bequeethed upon his oldest son, the new patriarch. If a lord dies without an heir however, the titles revert to the crown. If the KING dies however, and he has no heir....oh boy. Yeah there aren't an awful lot of ways that can end well. Most likely civil war. But hey, that's why having children is a really good idea.

Here is a very crude and by no means final draft for what the map could possibly look like.
NobilityServer_zps75b589ac.png.html

Can I get any feedback on this?

Sounds too complicated and worthless to me, if you would pardon my French. But then, I don't get the whole idea of "persistent" stuff of any sort, so maybe I'm not the type of person who should comment on such an idea. I just can't see how an entire server (assuming the full 200 people) is going to play by the rules and do almost nothing the entire time. In my opinion, this seems like a better setting for its own standalone game, or something.

I have seen quite a bit of talk about merging Native Expansion and Diplomacy and was just curious if anyone has attempted this? I see that the NE code has been released so perhaps someone has had any luck?

Hi there, I've made an account simply to post this idea as I was told to suggest it and thought why not. Copied it from the /vg/ I posted it on.

Mount and Blade: Dawn of Calradia

Basically we go back in time through the history of Calradia where you play as the chief of a local tribe, warring with other tribes for dominance of the land.

You start with a Warcamp and two settlements, your warcamp is where you train soldiers who come from your settlements, the stats of your settlements affect the rate of troop production, quality of troops etc

Settlements are larger than fiefs are, probably about the size of towns in vanilla, your settlements must produce everything required to fuel your war machine: Food, armour, weapons, mounts and troops.
Settlements would be vastly upgradeable so you can yield the necessary amounts of resources.
You can of course also raid other settlements for their resources.

Resource gathering is also a large part of gameplay as Denars are non-existent this early in time, trade is the only form of currency.
Your first few settlements would be fixed near resources, others which may hold a more strategic post may have less accessible resources available. With advances in technology it would be possible to move settlements, some race/s would start with this technology. This is a process which takes a fair amount of time dependant on size of your settlement, relation, wealth etc

Your warcamp is your base of operations, it is where you dispatch war parties from, order attacks and manage your tribesmen.  You can build other warcamps but they can only be built if they are given to a loyal champion under your command, so you can only have one warcamp per person, though when you visit a camp in your territory you still have access to most options available.
Your warcamp grows as your forces do, there is no real upgrade path for it as it were, it's growth is directly affected by it's standing force.
The larger the war party the larger the warcamp, thus it uses more resources. If you have a force of 80 warriors at a camp the camp will scale to 80, if after a raid you return to the camp with 38 warriors return, the camps size will slowly deteriorate and you will have half the construction resources used in its expansion will be refunded as things are dismantled and stored again.
Your warcamp can also be attacked by other tribes, these battles I imagine to be absolute madness as two or possibly three forces of blood crazed pagans beat the living butter out of each other.
The same goes for attacks on settlements, just a huge all out melee. Though it could be argued that settlements are more important to your tribe than a warcamp as you could effectively whittle away at a larger force by cutting of it's supplies.

You should also have the option to attempt to sneak attack a warcamp or settlement, so you could attempt to sneak your warriors around through the trees next to a settlement to take the militia by surprise.
I would like a mechanic that if a settlement is raided well enough and it hasn't detected you, you can effectively silence it to it's owners. So you will fear no repercussions until a scouting party see's it, a villager steals a horse and rides off to alert the warcamp or maybe even the warcamp sees the plume of smoke rising to the west and thinks "****'s on fire yo"
So it would not be like vanilla where a little birdie tells you exactly what everyone is doing all of the time:
"A Citizen of the Kingdom of Nords farted."
None of that stuff, you really need to keep eyes on things, this is where your scouting parties and signal fires will come into play.
Your scouting parties will gather info and when they intercept you will inform you of things they have seen, if you are situated at a warcamp they will relay info to you there. You can set priority messages so if you have Village raids at the top of the list if the Scout see's a village of your being raided he will instantly attempt to find you, if you arent where he thought you were he will tell others to attempt to tell you, and he will not stop until he knows otherwise.
Signal fires would probably be a late game advantage, just imagine the Beacon of Amon Din and yeah you know the rest.
Weapons are obviously quite primitive as are armours.

Weapons and armour would adapt as new tech are discovered through experimentation and research (more than likely accidental) within settlements and warcamps, so the more of these you have the greater the chance of a EUREKA!
Weapons are mainly stone and sling weapons. nothing too fancy early on, with only basic metal weapons in the late game.
The same goes for armour, hide cloth and even wooden armours would be available.
(I have no idea of balance, stats or anything technical, I'm merely full of ideas so I'll let the brainier of you all fill in the numbers)

End game I suppose could be when you have dominated most of the map or a set victory condition, either way I would hope that something could be generated so that when you play M&B Warband you results from this mod would be carried over and applied to it, so you have a different game depending on how well you perform beforehand.

So what do you think? Does this sound any good?

Back
Top Bottom