Mod idea collection: I want this mod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Welcome to the most pointless board in the universe "I want this one", the creators of this board have tricked us all into ranting in a box while they, unimpeded by our futile noises, carry on doing what they do regardless of our pathetic "I can't do it myself" whines and groans.

I want a mod filled with gold-painted naked ladies who grow all my vegetables and fix the leaking roof on my massive castle while gold coins trickle gently from their lady-gardens.............

I'm going to go and watch what the modders are doing............. :mrgreen:

i'm pretty sure making a custom skeleton for a dragon could fairly easily be based on an oversized horse model re-skinned.

I know nothing about re-skinning but have taught myself how to edit xml format to add new skeletons and stuff, a representation of a dragon would be good enough, and there's enough story line in the hobbit to work around the dragon.

In  the book smaug does very little witnessed "flying around", only a couple of the dwarves and the unfortunate lakemen actually witness it first hand.

In fact most of the storyline for a Hobbit based mod could rely on a static model of a dragon laying on a pile of gold and just having conversations with a hobbit.

read the Hobbit again and there really is a whole lot of storyline squeezed into very few actual locations, Trolls cave, Rivendell, Misty mountains and goblin tunnels, Wargs wood, Eagles eyrie, Beorn's House, Mirkwood, Woodelves Palace, Laketown, Esgaroth, Dale, Lonely Mountain.

That's a whole lot easier than LORD OF THE MASSIVE REALM OF THE CONTINENT OF MIDDLE EARTH AND ALL IT'S APPENDIXES STRETCHING BACK THROUGH ALL TIME FOREVER AND DON'T FORGET THE PUKEL MEN.............

ps. In case you're wondering..................

Púkel-men

Ancient watchers of the Dunharrow road

The ancient carved images, thought to be of Woses or Drúedain, that lined the road to Dunharrow in the White Mountains.

Jamiek said:
i'm pretty sure making a custom skeleton for a dragon could fairly easily be based on an oversized horse model re-skinned.

I know nothing about re-skinning but have taught myself how to edit xml format to add new skeletons and stuff, a representation of a dragon would be good enough, and there's enough story line in the hobbit to work around the dragon.

In  the book smaug does very little witnessed "flying around", only a couple of the dwarves and the unfortunate lakemen actually witness it first hand.

In fact most of the storyline for a Hobbit based mod could rely on a static model of a dragon laying on a pile of gold and just having conversations with a hobbit.

read the Hobbit again and there really is a whole lot of storyline squeezed into very few actual locations, Trolls cave, Rivendell, Misty mountains and goblin tunnels, Wargs wood, Eagles eyrie, Beorn's House, Mirkwood, Woodelves Palace, Laketown, Esgaroth, Dale, Lonely Mountain.

That's a whole lot easier than LORD OF THE MASSIVE REALM OF THE CONTINENT OF MIDDLE EARTH AND ALL IT'S APPENDIXES STRETCHING BACK THROUGH ALL TIME FOREVER AND DON'T FORGET THE PUKEL MEN.............

The problem with a mod like this is that people don't want to play as a hobbit who has a dialog with a dragon that does nothing else :wink:

I know it'd be a massive project but it'd be cool... I've offered my services to one mod that I know of and we'll see how it goes from there

yeah, shame really how people tend to leave their imagination at the door when they play a game and expect the experience to think for them. There'd be so much more to a game like this, the only "on the rails" bit would be the book story in quest form, but I expect that could take a back seat to all the other things that people could do and the Battle of the Five Armies could be so cool if it would work...........

I'm not actually complaining. Just saying it's a shame but thanks for your opinion, it's going straight into file 13.  :grin:

haha well thanks what I'd like is a LotR base mod that has all the actual factions with normal M&B combat style only you won't have Good men vs Elves... but hey I've still got a lot of modding to learn but slowly getting there

Jamiek said:
I'm not actually complaining. Just saying it's a shame but thanks for your opinion, it's going straight into file 13.  :grin:

If it is shame then you are the worst reason to it because complaining about modders instead of not even giving it a try.

don't take yourself sooooo seriously, it's booooring me. I do try things out and have varying degrees of sucess, ok?
I'm not having a go at modders, i like the work they do, if you read and understand what i was saying you'll realise what I was saying is, i think it's a shame game users don't use their imagination.

They expect miracles instead of excepting things may not be perfect and that limits their enjoyment of that which exists.

Off the high horse now? theres a good chap............

What would be cool with that idea is rather being able to wed one of your companions so if you male you'd have the option of Yrima and Matheld and what ever and vice-verse with female and males companions... that'd be cool

Back
Top Bottom