Mod idea collection: I want this mod.

Users who are viewing this thread

----I am getting REALLY sick of the stupid, " But I took an arrow in the knee reference."    It was funny at first, but now it got old, and the game barely has been out for very long!!

That is sad..  . . and annoying.  >_> 

Auldman said:
Aklis said:
Do you reckon a Highlander-mod would be possible for With Fire and Sword, then, seeing as the firearms are already largely in place?

Culloden, 1745 and the Jacobite rebellions were very much musket affairs.

Aye. Only a fifth of the Highlander casualties in Culloden were armed with swords. However, historical accuracy would not quite be the purpose. There is just something attractive with the thought of rushing into a group of people, yelling, and then proceeding to whack the living **** out of them with a large sword.

Aklis said:
Aye. Only a fifth of the Highlander casualties in Culloden were armed with swords. However, historical accuracy would not quite be the purpose. There is just something attractive with the thought of rushing into a group of people, yelling, and then proceeding to whack the living **** out of them with a large sword.
There can only be one!

EsoptrosOer said:
----I am getting REALLY sick of the stupid, " But I took an arrow in the knee reference."    It was funny at first, but now it got old, and the game barely has been out for very long!!

That is sad..  . . and annoying.  >_>

I used to be annoyed too, but then i took an arrow in the knee

elorian said:
skyrim mod with storyline. or even better; elder scrolls mod. I hope somebody will catch this one up, but at my current state of modding ability it´ll die after a few seconds. like a quark on its one. a Boson one.
Hmmm, a mod set in the world of Tamriel... in the Time of Tiber Septim, it could be something like alternative TES history, where Talos (Tiber Septim) gets killed in battle, and you're the new "Chosen One" that's supposed to unite Tamriel... And then endure an Akaviri invasion, perhaps? But, since it's a pain in the ass to implement magic into this game, let's just turn to something a bit more realistic, shall we?

Volkodav said:
elorian said:
skyrim mod with storyline. or even better; elder scrolls mod. I hope somebody will catch this one up, but at my current state of modding ability it´ll die after a few seconds. like a quark on its one. a Boson one.
Hmmm, a mod set in the world of Tamriel... in the Time of Tiber Septim, it could be something like alternative TES history, where Talos (Tiber Septim) gets killed in battle, and you're the new "Chosen One" that's supposed to unite Tamriel... And then endure an Akaviri invasion, perhaps? But, since it's a pain in the ass to implement magic into this game, let's just turn to something a bit more realistic, shall we?

simply replace crossbows for magic, or make it replace throwing weapons.

elorian said:

sounds like a good idea. probably should start smaller though until you get a bigger team.

elorian said:

Or you can simply play Skyrim instead. Now, that's an original idea and you don't have to know ****. :razz:

Try typing "oblivion" or "elder scrolls" in the search box for this thread to find surprisingly similar posts.
Maybe you could start a support group. It could start new threads and debate imaginary features of the imaginary Elder Scrolls mod, but would under no circumstances learn to mod. :smile:

So is there a mod out there to change the way party skills are handled? Lemme explain:

The hero with the highest skill rank is the leader in the skill. Obviously. And if you, the player, has enough ranks in the same skill, you give a bonus to the hero. But that only applies to you. and that's what I want changed. For example, Hero A has 8 ranks in some party skill, and you and two other heroes have 2 ranks in the same skill, which are enough ranks to provide a bonus of 1. Normally, this would provide a total rank of 8+1 for Hero A, but what I want is for it to be 8+3, taking into account all the other heroes that also have enough ranks to provide the bonus.

Hopefully that makes sense, but I can't find anything related to it on this board and my own modding skills are nil.

MadVader said:
Or you can simply play Skyrim instead. Now, that's an original idea and you don't have to know ****. :razz:

Try typing "oblivion" or "elder scrolls" in the search box for this thread to find surprisingly similar posts.
Maybe you could start a support group. It could start new threads and debate imaginary features of the imaginary Elder Scrolls mod, but would under no circumstances learn to mod. :smile:

Great idea! :lol:
I still need to buy it....Lol

Hey I've had a mod idea that I've been thinking about for some time, I was hoping to have a go at it myself as I've messed about with the module system before but never really done much past some minor scripting and tweeking, thought it might be a fairly simple idea for a first mod.

I was going to call it "City States" or something similar, basically my idea was to change Calradia from having six kingdoms to having 22 individual city states, essentially creating an individual faction for each city (in a similar way to which ancient greece had warring city states) using a few new OSP's to make each city have its own individual troops.

What do people think of this idea? and also do you think it would be a very difficult mod to make?

I think the idea is unbalanced, the number of factions is too large and each of them will be too small to do anything.
Here's more bad news:
- They'll be unable to campaign and siege successfully unless you crank out much more lords per real estate than in Native, and/or lower garrison strength
- They can be destroyed too quickly with one or few (if they have a couple of castles too) successful player or AI sieges, one by one, and no faction will be able to put up much resistance or challenge the player's kingdom
- Diplomacy and relations between factions will be impossible for the player to follow (or use, if he declares a kingdom). I think Brytenwalda has this problem.

Unless you compensate for these problems, it's not going to play well.
If you are trying to get involved in modding, you may want to add one or two new factions, roughly equal in size to the existing kingdoms. Adding new factions is fairly straightforward, but tweaking and balancing troop stats and equipment can take an infinite amount of time.

Agree with MadVader that so small factions may be unbalanced.
With 22 weak factions on map there will be problem with factions being too easy to defeat and disappearing too fast. In short time your 22 "City States" will turn into few big factions.
I like your idea of "City States", but IMHO it could be done different way.
Only way IMHO to keep 22 "City States" exist long enough (to be worth playing) without adding 22 factions is to make city culture independent from faction culture. This way you can keep the same faction number (you can call it city leagues, unions or similar), and have separate troop trees for each city.
It would require some changes to recruitment system (each village have to provide recruits based on closest city culture) and to lords reinforcements  (lord reinforcements based on his original culture or on culture of fiefs he control), but should work.
It's more complicated that just adding factions, but doable.

thanks for the reply, that was the main thing I was worried about.. I didn't think the game would play well with that many factions, I've not played 1257ad yet though I know that makes use of a lot of factions. I'll probably mess about adding a new city as a bandit stronghold or something and see where I get with that.

KidKoala said:
thanks for the reply, that was the main thing I was worried about.. I didn't think the game would play well with that many factions, I've not played 1257ad yet though I know that makes use of a lot of factions. I'll probably mess about adding a new city as a bandit stronghold or something and see where I get with that.
It's not about too many factions, there are mods that play well with that many factions (we have 18 in AOCII), it's about single city factions being to easy to defeat/eliminate (IMHO making whole concept of factions pointless).

Sorry for being too lazy to check the 306 pages to see if someone has suggested this, but, I've always wanted a sci-fi mod.

I really haven't thought out a story and I'm no modder, but a decent science fiction mod about galactic empires and all that fun stuff. It would be cool to see an original story, too.

It's been done before - that Star Wars mod for the first M&B was pretty good.

I'm hoping something like this will eventually be made. :razz:

Back
Top Bottom