Mod discussion thread

Users who are viewing this thread

-I'm new to the mod, but I wanted to go ahead and express my difficulty with playing as the Crusaders.  In the game I'm currently playing, the Crusaders have only asked me to join them in invasion twice in my 23 levels.  They've made virtually no progress, and have actually lost three castles and a city.  I have, personally, taken 5 castles and 2 cities (though haven't received the titles) but the Crusaders never stock them with more than about 15 units so they are lost again soon enough.  I don't know how to help the Crusaders not lose.

-One of the main issues is that Poland has nothing to do, really, but attack the Crusaders.  They share only a small border with one other nation (Rus), so they might as well just attack what's near by.  They run around in groups of 6 or 7 lords, when I've never seen more than three Crusader lords together.  That's only made worse with the constant supply of Polish heavy cavalry.  Fortunately, that will never be as annoying as the Kerghit in the native game.

-Is this purely bad luck with the AI, or does anyone have any advice?

---------The following added later just for the sake of completion----------

-I've now personally taken more than half of the rest of Poland, the rest of the Crusaders accomplishing nothing.  In fact, the Landmeister has been circling around Voruta the entire time I was taking over Poland.  He has twice asked me to join him, despite the fact that he only circles around, trying desparately to lose.  It's as if he's a puppet leader sent by the Poles.

nosferum said:
-I'm new to the mod, but I wanted to go ahead and express my difficulty with playing as the Crusaders.  In the game I'm currently playing, the Crusaders have only asked me to join them in invasion twice in my 23 levels.  They've made virtually no progress, and have actually lost three castles and a city.  I have, personally, taken 5 castles and 2 cities (though haven't received the titles) but the Crusaders never stock them with more than about 15 units so they are lost again soon enough.  I don't know how to help the Crusaders not lose.

-One of the main issues is that Poland has nothing to do, really, but attack the Crusaders.  They share only a small border with one other nation (Rus), so they might as well just attack what's near by.  They run around in groups of 6 or 7 lords, when I've never seen more than three Crusader lords together.  That's only made worse with the constant supply of Polish heavy cavalry.  Fortunately, that will never be as annoying as the Kerghit in the native game.

-Is this purely bad luck with the AI, or does anyone have any advice?

I can say, that It's bad luck. I had issues like this myself and I was forced to start new game. After new start, Crusaders were very prosperous... they've taken over whole Lithuania without my help and continued in war with Poland. If you'll start new game, I recommend to export and then import character and to cheat money you have now (+cheat money to buy equipment you have now)

Lethwin Far Seeker said:
Mannerheim said:
Lethwin Far Seeker said:
Installed and I get "Unable to open common file: CommonRes\Costumes_a.brf"

Make sure you use M&B 1.011, NOT older versions of M&B or Warband.

I was told that this was Warband compatible.
We have NEVER officially released Warband version of the mod. And we don't support alpha version outside Russian community. Be patient! We'll release beta version for Warband in a proper time. If you can't wait - go on, install pre-alpha but don't be surprised by the tons of bugs and unfinished stuff.

Damon said:
Lethwin Far Seeker said:
Mannerheim said:
Lethwin Far Seeker said:
Installed and I get "Unable to open common file: CommonRes\Costumes_a.brf"

Make sure you use M&B 1.011, NOT older versions of M&B or Warband.

I was told that this was Warband compatible.
We have NEVER officially released Warband version of the mod. And we don't support alpha version outside Russian community. Be patient! We'll release beta version for Warband in a proper time. If you can't wait - go on, install pre-alpha but don't be surprised by the tons of bugs and unfinished stuff.

I will wait but is there a projected arrival time?  Will it show up on the released WB mod list?

Lethwin Far Seeker said:
Damon said:

I will wait but is there a projected arrival time?
When it's done.
Lethwin Far Seeker said:
Will it show up on the released WB mod list?
Yes, and maybe we'll ask for our own sub-forum in WB-section.

Hi !

Great mod indeed, i've played it for days, but i was limited by the engine, due to rgl erros i couldn't merge with Polished Landscape mod or increase the battle size to get bigger parties and battles. So i'm waiting for the warband version  :wink: ! Hope Lithuania will get more armors and ... banners too  :smile: ! I noticed they're awfully powerful those Lithuanians, lost everytime i crossed them, as a russian, even with more troops than them, but no luck.

However, i've been looking for hours for a way to sort inventory of merchants by types instead of price, i noticed you've done it with RUSXIII mod. Could you help me to modify the module_trigger or module_script to do it ? Searched the forum for info, but found none about this in particular. So i guess my best bet would be a mod which has modded this ^^ !

hellow im sorry for this question but i dont see anythings of thats    how to Helmet  obscure view in First-person whats is the word pad for modif  please  or how many make thats in others mod ? sorry for my bad english and thans you

yeah i know thats thanks you for repons just can i take thats and aply in a others mod do you know whats the word pad is it ?

I just played the mod again and noticed how horrible the voices for the Germans are... Sorry, but you'll probably be better off using native's war cries instead of the ones being used right now :lol:

Soil said:
I just played the mod again and noticed how horrible the voices for the Germans are... Sorry, but you'll probably be better off using native's war cries instead of the ones being used right now :lol:

It will be better to have good German voices.
I hope that somebody of Germans will sometime hear this cries and make for us better ones  :grin:
If you do know somebody who can help with voice acting I'm always ready to give him a gob  :roll:

Well, I would, but my webcam mic is too ****ty. I'll see if I can somehow manage to find a better mic

hi every one just one question what are the elite armor for all the factions
for the this quest is bugging me out

In this saboteurs quest the best way to find out what an elite armour of some faction is to chech it out in troop editor. Just check out how an elite unit is equipped (Boyarin for Rus, Moznowladca for Poland and so on).
But I have another problem with this quest. I have an armour and released all my units and companions (I formed these small groups of them). But I have 4 lords in captivity and don't have any castle on my own. I don't know how to release them or give them to smb ( I have to because boyarins don't want to go with me).
I will be very grateful for any recommendations :smile:

Back
Top Bottom