Mod discussion thread

Users who are viewing this thread

I've tried the mod: good mod but very hard^^ no recruitement at the beggining, and no equipment...
but the warhorses skins are just amazing :grin:

(excuse my bad english, i'm french :s)

I like the mod, i actually love it, i like all the stuff EXCEPT that u have to run around in the streets to find the stores u need, it is waste of time, its much easier when u just can go to marketplace and buy what u need, if i wanted to run all around the city to find one shop i would do it even if there were a marketplace or not, but as i said, else it was really awesome : )

Taken from a post in the suggestions thread.

I started looking at minor issues in the M&B mod, like the Polish only seeming to spawn heavy cavalry, and decided to tweak it myself to try and get back that feeling of mixed forces on the battlefield. Then I started looking at the NPCs, and the adjustments they could use to fit into the game more effectively -- like removing mentions of Calradia in their dialogue, adjusting their stats so that they can use equipment that's suitable for their professed professions, etc.

So I've resolved to go through and do this myself. When I'm done, I'll put the files up somewhere so that everybody can make use of them if they wish.  I only have a couple sticking points, being very inexperienced at modding, and having limited experience with this module.

1) Is the Mount & Blade troop editor sufficient to tweak how the Polish lords are recruiting their forces? Would that be the "Kingdom 3 reinforcements" listed in the party templates?  I know. Utter noob question.

2) How are the troop files utilized? I see there's 3 for all factions but the Teutonic knights, who have 5 troop files.  Do the troop files normally indicate how NPC lords recruit from village, town, and castle? Or do they recruit from all three? Either way, if AI Lords are using these parameters, the emphasis on higher-level troops (particularly in kingdom_3_reinforcements_c) may be explaining why the Polish are so weighted in their troop spawning.

3) Do the companion characters/NPCs have dialogue points set in the module? That is to say the triggers for their background information and conversations that they had in basic M&B -- like Ymira going on about Veluca when you draw near the town gates.  If they do have them set, where are the triggers set in the current mod?

Edit: After looking through the troop files, I really can't see any reason for the discrepancy in cavalry with the Polish faction. I'm going to presume that it was a fluke that I ran into, and give it another shot.

Though I did discover something very unusual: Several of the Mongol lords are tagged as 'female', and many of the Russian lords are tagged 'undead'.

Hmmm... Can i recruit troops in villages? I don't have that option. I know that i need to talk with someone to unlock that option, but Village Elder isn't recruit man. So, how to do it?

Is there a plan on porting this mod to Warband?! THERE MUST BE!!! This mod is too good to be only playable on M&B vanilla.

And a unrelated question: Why is it called vanilla?

Bloodbane said:
Is there a plan on porting this mod to Warband?! THERE MUST BE!!! This mod is too good to be only playable on M&B vanilla.

iv'e heard that it's going to be inported when teh last version if warband is anounced. Probably so they wont have to change it for every update. So now im just waiting for the last version of warband :grin:.

I WANT THIS MOD ON WARBAND FOR CHRISTMAS!

it's called vanilla because it's the basic version, and vanilla is a basic arom(we say that??).by the way we call vanilla all the unmodded game :grin:

(excuse my poor  english :s)

Hi, I'm doing a Saboteurs quest for Holy Roman Empire. I have to raid Horde camp in Russian armor.
I got Lammelar Armor and Rusty Conical Helmet. The lord that gave me the quest told me that armor is just fine and gave me 10x Boyarin unit.
When I want to plunder the village, I have to fight the folks and then raze it. When I'm finally collecting plundered loot, quest fails.
I don't know why! I'm wearing Lammelar Armor, Rusty Conical Helmet, splinted leather greaves, mail gaundlets and I've got russian Kopie (spear).
In my party I have 10x Boyarin unit,  Ludota Koval and Kidnapped Girl. Can you please tell me what's the problem?

Mannerheim said:
I think you should go there only with Boyarins, without companions.

I released my companion and it didn't help. I can't release kidnapped girl, maybe I should go finish that quest and come back only with boyarins...

Back
Top Bottom