SP Antiquity Mod Announcement: The Illiad

Users who are viewing this thread

Howzer said:
Features to be added:
-New and improved AI!
-Siege Battles! Defend your cities and sack those of your foes!
-Chariots! Cast spears at your enemies as your ride by swiftly!

some of this isn't possible. Theres no new tools for "improved AI"
Siege battles has been discussed and it has been done but the AI to attack the city sucks
Chariots are not possible, you can't "cut" through your enemys (perhaps a long time later) [im assuming you mean sythed chariots cuz

This mod can progress but will have to wait for some new animations (thorgrim... get moving :evil: ) and some other toolschariots dont use spears... or archer chariots]

What about the sequel, the Odyssey? Or should I say the "Modyssey"?

Hehe... yeah that was lame, I know.

10 years would be the correct answer to the lenght of time for the Trojan War, for chariots I would imagine that you would only have to do some serious remodeling of horses (past anything I could do but some of you guys seem pretty talented) to give you a chariot. And based on the capture the fort mission/dungeon crawl in storymod I imagine it must be possible to do capturing towns, just make the prerequisites for that a few seige scenes rather than a dungeon crawl and there you go you have seiges that allow you to conquer the city. Probably harder than I made it sound, but I bet a little help from whoever coded that bit of storymod could certainly help get that on it's way

Don't forget the trojan horse. Oh, consequently I recently did an oral presentation on Helen of Troy - the center of attention, you know (and you obviously do). Will the player be one of the Achaean heroes, or just one of the commanders/soldiers? Or can you choose what faction you want to be with (Achaeans/Trojans) - the possiblilities are endless.

Pug said:
Don't forget the trojan horse. Oh, consequently I recently did an oral presentation on Helen of Troy - the center of attention, you know (and you obviously do). Will the player be one of the Achaean heroes, or just one of the commanders/soldiers? Or can you choose what faction you want to be with (Achaeans/Trojans) - the possiblilities are endless.

*cough* front *cough* page *cough*

Back
Top Bottom