MM_Official Rules and Info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Deofuta

Grandmaster Knight
Hello Everyone!

With the advent of the MM_Official server we have decided it to be in the best interests of the server population to update and codify a list of server rules. The following are mostly well known, with some updated rules to clarify certain specifics. If you have any questions, please contact me via PM or on steam, which is currently Deofuta.

1.Do not intentionally team kill.
2.Do not intentionally team wound.
3.Do not use racial or bigoted slurs.
4.One advertisement for your regiment per map. This includes asking specific people to join your regiment.
5.Do not carry more than one firearm at a time.
6.Do not unnecessarily delay a round.
7.Do not abuse the poll function.
8. The first player to reach the cannon owns the cannon for one round. If there are more cannoneers than cannons you cannot claim a cannon consecutive rounds.

Keep in mind that it is up to the administrators discretion on how rule violations will be dealt with.

US_Official Information

Current US Server Administration:

Deofuta

Chester
Domnhall
Smithy
Littlefield
5arge

Updates

1. I understand there has been some confusion about how the ban system works between the US official server and the EU official server. If you are banned on one, you will be banned on both. It may not happen immediately, but it will happen. If you have found yourself banned from the US server, but have since been forgiven for your EU offense, simply send me a PM or steam message with a link to the unban request and I will remove your name from the US server list.

2. In an effort to better provide our US players with knowledge of server comings and goings, I have created a steam group. This steam group will be where I post when and for how long the server maybe down for whatever reason, events being held on the US Event server, and perhaps some other cool things. You can find it here.

*note* I have also added links to the server rules and unban appeal area, so now if someone asks you can simply point them to our server group. This may prove easier to get people where they need to be :grin:.

Regulations for the use of admin powers

Admin Powers
- Admin powers, such as server chat, are only to be used directly in response to rule violations or server issues. You should not use them for any other purpose such as chatting when dead.
- Admin tools, such as grenades and ban hammers should never be used except in cases where using commands would be ineffective.
- Changes to the server settings, map, game mod, should never be made unless due to technical errors. Server Administrators will update the rotation and settings as needed.
- Admins should make a note of identifying themselves to their admin peers when they log on, not via server chat, but via regular chat, when possible.
- When one admins rules on an issue, their ruling will stand regardless of the opinion of other admins present at the time. Appeals may be conducted on the forums.
- If you notice any abuse by a fellow admin, report the information to a head admin.

Enforcing Server Rules
- When a player doubleguns, slay him at the spot then leave a admin message “x Slayed for double gunning, only carry up to 1 firearm at a time!”
- When a player does a accidental teamkill and apologises, do not take action, accidents happen! Allow 10 seconds following a teamkill for explanation.
- When a player does a non accidental teamkill, slay immediately and warn. Ignore excuses such as ‘we agreed to a fistfight’.
- When a player does multiple non accidental teamkills, depending the situation, perm or temp ban.
- When a player or regiment advertises more then allowed, warn them once, the second time kick the player doing the advertisement.
- When a player wounds a friendly player or their horse, slay immediately and warn them that further such actions will result in kick or ban.
- When a player proceeds to a remote location of the map with the purpose of evading the enemy, as distinct from holding a fortified location nearby, allow one warning before slaying them for round delay.
- Whenever you do any action against a player explain it in admin chat.
- Any use of racist, sexist, homophobic or similar insults, beyond the limits of ingame banter should be treated with an immediate warning, followed by for any further violations.
- Use of the aforementioned slurs as part of a name requires immediate warning and kick, regardless of whether or not the player is in the middle of a round.

I take it that these are the rules for the US servers, since they differ from what I have experienced on European servers, for instance, there are no polls?

So if I am correct the changes for us Europeans are that we get one less recruitment message per map, as well as that we must not abuse the poll function (which is de facto the same due to the lack of polls)

If you want the real answer to the rules for both the Servers Here it is.

Common Sense...If you have common Sense..you wont break any rules! There! You are now up to date.

A quick update to procedure. I will add it to the OP after making this post.

I understand there has been some confusion about how the ban system works between the US official server and the EU official server. If you are banned on one, you will be banned on both. It may not happen immediately, but it will happen. If you have found yourself banned from the US server, but have since been forgiven for your EU offense, simply send me a PM or steam message with a link to the unban request and I will remove your name from the US server list.

Thanks to everyone who enjoys using the server responsibly, see you all soon.

Hello again everyone! Another update, this time a bit more community based.

2. In an effort to better provide our US players with knowledge of server comings and goings, I have created a steam group. This steam group will be where I post when and for how long the server may be down for whatever reason, events being held on the US Event server, and perhaps some other cool things. You can find it here

I have also added links to the server rules and unban appeal area, so now if someone asks you can simply point them to our server group. This may prove easier to get people where they need to be :grin:.

If I could make a suggestion on how I think the rules could be improved, I would like to point out the rules on regiments advertising. I think the current rule on advertising favors larger regiments and in turn makes it more difficult for smaller regiments to get members. Now I know that it is annoying when regiments spam the chat with adverts like how it used to be but perhaps increasing it from 1 advert to 2 would be better for all. Also perhaps having a separate limit on the amount of times a regiment can ask an individual person. Having to choose between an advert and asking someone directly is a bit of an unfair rule as if a smaller regiment asks a player, there would be a high chance that they would say no as they dont know the regiment well. This basically means that the small regiment doesnt have a chance to recruit another player who is looking for a regiment or even ask a player they believe would be a good addition to theirs. Regiments spamming the chat shouldnt be a priority for admins and I think the community, through its smaller groups and clans would benefit. An easing of the restrictions on this matter, even if it is a little could help quite a lot for not doing any harm whatsoever.

Is there a rule on which languages should be spoken/allowed on the server. My memory is that English is the only language allowed for general chat with other languages being allowed for recruitment purposes but not conversations. However, this is not actually displayed anywhere that i can see as a rule?

Are languages other than English allowed or are all languages acceptable?

Hello i`m new here and i don`t know exactly what`s happening here...so i ask how i can play on this server?!what i have to do?thanks

IonPalade said:
Hello i`m new here and i don`t know exactly what`s happening here...so i ask how i can play on this server?!what i have to do?thanks

Do you have bought the game Mount&Blade: Warband and the module Mount&Musket installed on it ?
Note: The module Mount&Musket is an outdated version of Napoleonic Wars.

Surely i have the game, now i`m installing the napoleonic wars.But i want to know how i can connect on multiplayer servers?

IonPalade said:
Surely i have the game, now i`m installing the napoleonic wars.But i want to know how i can connect on multiplayer servers?

Ok, so.
The major part of the Napoleonic Wars community mooved to FSE Forums.
If you want to join a Napoleonic Wars server, launch the game launcher: change the module - start the game from the launcher.

When done, you're in the menu, you select "Multiplayer", then "Join a Server".
You'll have to take care of what server you'll join, the server must also be running Napoleonic Wars.
You can check if the server is with the colomn "Module", else simply configure your filters.

I hope it helped you;
Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom