MLG and other pro-gaming circuits

Users who are viewing this thread

Same goes for me. I got drawn into a day long Starcraft 2 pro-series watching spree on youtube once. I honestly don't know where the time went.

Anything else, not so much, although I used to watch some CoD4 videos back when I played that competitively on Gamebattles. Only did it for one season, as we got swept up by other games and commitments, although we got to 7th a good while before the season ended. I can't help but wonder how far we would've gone if we'd carried it on.

Damn, such nostalgia. I sold CoD4 as well, so this is one craving I can't satisfy.  :mad:

Only at the pro levels - their clocking up speeds of hundreds of actions a minute. I imagine if I played SC2 I'd end up with... maybe 12 actions a minute.  :lol:

I used to watch like every game Husky or HDstarcraft uploaded, but these days, after actually buying and playing the game, I just stopped it. I still sometimes put some Husky videos on while mapping, his casting is just so entertaining to listen to. Besides, I dont need the actual footage because I remember every single unit by name :lol:

Tuckles said:
Top players clock up over 200 APM. Top Koreans clock up over 300 APM. :lol:
There's this Korean guy who managed to get 800-something APM in SC1.
That's mainly just spamming, though. Axslav clocks 85 and does just fine in the pro leagues.

Comrade Temuzu said:
I used to watch like every game Husky or HDstarcraft uploaded, but these days, after actually buying and playing the game, I just stopped it. I still sometimes put some Husky videos on while mapping, his casting is just so entertaining to listen to. Besides, I dont need the actual footage because I remember every single unit by name :lol:

Watch Day9.

Husky and HD aren't that good. They don't go too in-depth.

Day9 Dailies are probably the most educational starcraft videos on the face of this Earth.

@Ljas

Aye, APM is useless if you don't do anything with those clicks. :3

You know, I've just watched a game of the MLG Black Ops - CTF and it struck me that they aren't really that good. You expect to see a bunch of crazy skill and really, it's not that different from good regular players.

GunZ: The Duel needs an MLG or something competition. Goddamn that game took a lot of skill.

Tuckles said:
Comrade Temuzu said:

Watch Day9.

Husky and HD aren't that good. They don't go too in-depth.

Day9 Dailies are probably the most educational starcraft videos on the face of this Earth.
Yeah, but the thing is Im not looking for information :lol: But Ill give him another try, I liked one of his casts some time ago.

The only one I mildly enjoyed is back when Halo 2 was the big game in MLG. And even then it was intensely stupid. Nowadays I can't bear to look at the letters "M", "L", and "G" in a row without laughing or crying. It varies.

If you're going to watch people play video games with each other, make sure they're at least funny instead of deadly serious like MLG tends to be.

Pillock said:
The only one I mildly enjoyed is back when Halo 2 was the big game in MLG. And even then it was intensely stupid. Nowadays I can't bear to look at the letters "M", "L", and "G" in a row without laughing or crying. It varies.

If you're going to watch people play video games with each other, make sure they're at least funny instead of deadly serious like MLG tends to be.

Indeed, I ****ing hate how Xbox is full of these wannabe MLG pro gamers, who think they are the dogs bollocks. Yeah sure, some of them are actually pretty decent, but not THAT good. I also tried watching some MLG, and it is boring as fuuuuuuuuuuuuu-

BattleOfValmy said:
GunZ: The Duel needs an MLG or something competition. Goddamn that game took a lot of skill.

Ah, been years since I last played that. Very cool game, felt like a boss doing all those acrobatic moves and slicing people up with style.

Back
Top Bottom