Mix and matching armor meshes in Bannerlord

Users who are viewing this thread

Zariusz

Recruit
Is it possible to create custom armor by adding or replacing different elements of existing armor meshes? I dont have any modelling knowledge but in Warband you could do this just by renaming files and using Open BRF. Is it still possible do something like that but in Bannerlord by using something like TpackTool?

Last edited:
Yes. You can export armour meshes from the Bannerlord Editor with TpacTool, tweak them in Blender and reimport them into a mod asset folder in the Editor. The meshes are more detailed and PSBR materials more complicated than Warband and cloth physics and _slim versions need care.
I guess there is no option to do this without using Blender right?

Upvote 0
I guess there is no option to do this without using Blender right?
TpacTool is basically an unpacker and exporter. It doesn't let you change anything. Equally, Bannerlord's Editor lets you import meshes, but doesn't let you alter them. So, any alterations require some form of external 3D software. Blender is popular because it's free and there are lots of tutorial videos to help people learn how to use it.
If you just want to give certain troops different native armours without 3D modifications you can do that through xml file edits of spnpccharacters.xml in your own module (it will require xslt if you don't want original and new armours both used at random).
Or, in the latter case you could just use the My Little Warband mod https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/3164?tab=description

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom