Missing WB features are not up to the standards of Bannerlord!

Users who are viewing this thread

It's just that, it's more nuanced than "Warband had feasts and Bannerlord doesn't, so clearly bannerlord is the worst game ever and does nothing right".
Well I don't think anyone said this - it's more that Bannerlord is missing about 10-20 good features from Warband large and small; and also that most features in Bannerlord are broken or severely imbalanced right now which makes the game downright unfun compared to WB.

Like I just jumped into WB to test something, and it was incredibly refreshing to be shot by a single arrow and only lose a tenth of my healthbar instead of a third of it!

We talked about "features being removed from bannerlord that existed in Warband". And I said since BL works on a completely different engine, it's not the case of being removed, it mostly about "not being implemented yet" and "cost vs gain in terms of effort". I said books were nice in WB, but the effort to add them in BL would be better spent in other aspects (like skill gains in general, we're still making balance changes)

I don't remember saying anything like "quality standards".
The idea behind skill books, or something similar like Skyrim-style skill trainers, is that people don't always want to manually sit there grinding a skill to level it up. And especially not when you have multiple companions and clan members who you need to do it for. Sometimes you want to just be able to pay money to get better at a skill.

The idea behind skill books, or something similar like Skyrim-style skill trainers, is that people don't always want to manually sit there grinding a skill to level it up. And especially not when you have multiple companions and clan members who you need to do it for. Sometimes you want to just be able to pay money to get better at a skill.
To be honest, skills don't seem nearly as grindy as before (granted, I have never interacted with Trade so Idk about that one). Leadership used to be a real bottleneck, but now if I focus my gameplay on a skill I tend to get it up decently fast. Also not sure what form books would take that could make them useful enough to implement them, we no longer have a character sheet like in WB where you can just give a +1 to a skill.

This is what Ive been talking about for a long time. Take influence as an example. In Warband your influence was implicated by your renown, relationships you built etc. So you could influence castle votes, marshallship votes etc by talking to those people. You ask them who they support, and you could either say you too support their candidate or convince them to support you. In BL influence is and explicit currency that removes all the immersion. Policy vote? Menu. Castle vote? Menu. Relationships? Menu.

For example, you are a king and want to boost a vassals influence. Why put it as a ****ing menu button? "Give influence to clan" is so lame. You could go and TALK TO THEM and get a dialogue option "I acknowledge you and your clan as a great house, I wish to make that known" and that could have the same effect. Get a relations boost and give them 50/100/150 influence.

Why leave companions in a town through a "plus" sign nobody sees? Why not TALK to your companion and make them stay in a town.

This game has so much immersion potential in the little things. We dont need feasts. We need reasons and means to talk to other people in the game. Ask them what their party is doing or how goes the war. Those are simple lines of text. For gods sake
Being a King and not being able to make a basic ruler decision be like : "oh sorry, I can't give you this castle, I have not enough influence today, tomorrow I'll probably have more, just wait".

It makes no sense, you are King, you should be able to make decisions independently of an influence's currency. Excuse me but when you become king, there is a threshold of influence under which you can never go. Influence as a currency is not realistic at all. I don't see the difference between gold and influence, except that you don't purchase the same goods when you buy something with it.

Didn't the last beta release or so change this so that lord and settlement information only appeared if you were near it, owned it, or a companion was in it?

Also, there is a balance. An in game encyclopedia may not be as "immersive" but it is 100 times easier and smoother than having to call a feast, wait for everyone to appear, walk around trying to find the right lord, talk to them, etc. God forbid the lord doesn't show up! Then you have the fun of chasing him down on the map!

For what it's worth, I am not against a sort of improvement on the feast system. It's just that, it's more nuanced than "Warband had feasts and Bannerlord doesn't, so clearly bannerlord is the worst game ever and does nothing right".
We don't want it to be 100 times easier, if you want to click on panels and menus, you have CK3 for this. Bannerlord is supposed to be a sandbox, it's okay to chase some lords on the map but still, it's not realistic nor immersive. Why chase someone on the map when you could simply send a messenger? Feasts would make the relation system more realistic and immersive. It would avoid the clicking thing on the encyclopedia, and when you chase lords on the map, it's when you want to kill them, point. Imagine being a vassal and chasing your king all across the map : "I've been chasing you for years, my lord".

To be honest, skills don't seem nearly as grindy as before (granted, I have never interacted with Trade so Idk about that one). Leadership used to be a real bottleneck, but now if I focus my gameplay on a skill I tend to get it up decently fast.
It's not as grindy as before, but it's still a bit too grindy for most skills. Even so, the point is not even whether the skill is slow to level, but whether the player wants to spend time exercising it at all. If it takes me a couple hours of gameplay time to get Engineering to 200 if I just do sieges, I might decide that I want to spend a good amount of money to get my Engineering skill up without having to grind sieges. Or that of a companion.

Also, leveling up companions and clan members is insanely slow.
Also not sure what form books would take that could make them useful enough to implement them, we no longer have a character sheet like in WB where you can just give a +1 to a skill.
Like I said, skill trainers are also an option - go into a town, meet a trainer for a certain skill, pay them gold, and you wait there for a day while they give you experience in that skill. Or you can leave a companion there to learn.

Back
Top Bottom