Missing Villagers - fixed, see first post!

Users who are viewing this thread

Eww, is this a new Feature? A Bug or something what i didn't see before?
When i burn Corpses every Scumgang coming to me from everywhere!

Creepy.
Also - near a City Missions means on the Other Isle far far in the north (or other different directions).
Another thing yeah but i'm a bit frustrated because i searched 3 1/2 Hours and then cheated to find them. :roll:

I guess they move away if you don't find them immediately. Might be from native, I have no idea. I thought they could be coded to stay within a certain area like certain bandits/patrols but I'm no modder so I can't say for sure.

well if we are lucky maybe the the bug is an easy fix and we dont have to wait all week or longer  :wink:

I'm going to step out on a limb and say that a dysfunctional economy is a little more 'dark ages' than the previous clone of Capitalism II with swords.

Yeah I hope that this gets fixed before we have to wait for a whole new patch.  This is really the only major bug that's present in my game.  I've been lucky with the rest of the bug issues, either not having them or only having very minor bugs.

Using the principles of The Secret, let's all visualize a fix for this bug.  C'mon everyone use that positive energy!** http://www.thesecret.tv/gifts.html

**duh, total crap!

How exactly will this change the gameplay?
Also, I agree with the above post. I hope we don't have to wait for a new patch, and instead, can be given a hotfix.

JorgoPimp said:
How exactly will this change the gameplay?
Also, I agree with the above post. I hope we don't have to wait for a new patch, and instead, can be given a hotfix.

It affects village and city prosperity and also the transfer of goods and prices of goods.  So if your gameplay style has anything to do with these things, it seriously impacts it.

My goal when I play is to become king and unify a kingdom... and the strength of the market and prosperity of the villages/towns (which in turn affects the rents and tariffs that they generate) has a major impact on my game.

For others I could see how they might not even notice or care about this bug...  but if you want or need rents/tariffs to fund a large army or campaign, it's a game-breaker.

I too hope there is a quick fix / hotfix / someone stumbles on a magic formula so I can get back to playing!

Cheers,
Val

I really wish the devs would just do a bug fix patch rather than adding more stuff it would increase turnover time and let it get a stable version with all of 1.34 awesome additions.

Can we have an official response from Idibil?

In my opinion, any new version of the mod should be released only once it is stable.
It is very frustrating, as a fan of this mod, to start a new game every time, because the previous version was bugged\broken.

The "Missing Villagers" bug could have been easily spotted just by creating a new character, starting a new game and playing for 1-2 hours.

I really hope that this bug will get a hotfix, so that we could continue playing this awesome mod!

Hey folks,

I got a PM from Adorno letting us know that Idibil is definitely looking into this bug, so that at least is good news:

Adorno said:
It is very much noted and being looked into by Idibil.

Thanks again to the Brytenwalda team for your hard work!
Cheers,
Val

Yes, thanks for all the hard work. You've created one of the best mods out there, but alas, I agree with the people above this post. I wish this once, a bug fix patch would come out, instead of new content. I am still, however, grateful for this great mod.

While game breaking bugs are annoying, I don't quite get the annoyance people have with them in a free to download fan created mod.

The amount of effort people have put into Brytenwalda is staggering, stuff happens. 

Yeah this bug is a big game breaker but i've been playing on anyway.  The game is great despite the bugs and I'm glad that I can still at least play.  I figure I used to make like 6-9,000/week in trade/loot/fief rents so every week I just go into my inventory screen and hit ctrl+x 9 times  :lol:  It's not the most fun way to play but at least you can afford to campaign on a large scale.  I'm glad to hear that the team is working on a fix for this.  Hopefully it will be here soon!

Back
Top Bottom