Missing Smith Companion

Users who are viewing this thread

I started a new game and about to collect my companions but i noticed that there is no smith companion.(hero death is disabled) so it will spawn after time or this game wont have a smith companion at all?

He means it didn't spawn in his world. It's something I've noticed as well, but with the healer and engineer companions. I have multiple ones with Tactics, Scouting, and Roguery though.

He started a new game and ABOUT to collect his companion.
I am responding to him that SMITH companion SPAWNS, so get going!

He started a new game and ABOUT to collect his companion.
I am responding to him that SMITH companion SPAWNS, so get going!

So i should play and keep refreshing the companions's list from time to time till a smith spawns? shouldnt a compaion die to allow new ones to spawn? becouse they can't die with my settings.

I have 2 Acthon the Silent tho..

The list of companion will grow in time until the limit is reached. I am not sure if the old ones get refreshed though.
I don't know how far is his new game but after a while I see like 2 Swordsman 2 Hillman 3 Blacks 2 Engineer 2 Smith and many other I do not care about.

That said some might never spawn. For my case, Wasteman, aka of the Waste never spawn.

Here is an overview on companion templetes in general and here is a comment explaining the spawning mechanics.

The way it appears to work now is that the companion list is randomly populated when you start a new game, meaning some specialty companions may not appear if they weren't rolled. With only one smithing type companion at the moment it's lower odds that you'll get one on any given start. Then each week a new companion is generated if the cap space hasn't been reached (16 companions I think). If companions die then cap space is opened up for new ones to be generated, although at the moment it's not clear if the death feature is working properly, so that may mean no new companions will spawn in a given campaign. If you didn't roll a smithing companion unfortunately you may need to restart.

I have 2 Acthon the Silent tho..

That could be a bug, because only one companion of each template should spawn on game start.

Last edited:
I just looked and I have 35 companions in my main playthrough, so the cap may be higher than I thought (still no smith though, so they're apparently pretty rare). That post was from a week ago, so things may have changed.

After starting a new campaign real quick I spawned with 21 companions, so it seems there's plenty of cap space for wanderers to be added (If there even is a cap).

As far as the scholar with 0 healing, he is probably an Imperial culture companion. The Aserai one is the one with medicine skill. There's a difference, and if you look at the overview guide I linked you'll see that it matters for a few of the templates as indicated with the culture in parentheses.

I didn't make either of those posts, by the way, I'm just going off of what they discovered.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom