Users who are viewing this thread

Ishapar

Regular
I have been trying to recover some of the hair models from the OSP Hair resource that had disappeared due to mbrepository shutting down. I have been able to find most of the models in one of the published mods on Nexus, and have tried to put them into a new "moddershair" brf file. I have loaded the brf in an existing mod, and the models do all show up for the female character, but I have run into a slight problem. One of the hair models has no textures.

As you can see from the link, one of the hairs is completely white. The hair model in the skins.txt file is woman_hair_s. This hair model is a native hair model found in native Warband and not one of the hair models I added from the moddershair brf I created. All of the other hairs (including the ones I added) work nicely with the models and textures, but this native model has no texture to load. I tried loading native Warband without my brf, and the textures load fine for the hair model. I am stumped at what the cause would be for this situation.

I would like to get this texture fixed as I planned to possibly upload the modderhair.brf file for modders to use again. I certainly don't want them to encounter this error while using the brf. Any suggestions on why this would happen?

What I have tried to do:
-I counted the number of hair models and verified it matched the number in my skins.txt (from the native 7 to 20 as I added 13 hair models). No problems for the new hairs loading, but it didn't fix the native hair texture.
-I originally had the woman_hair_s model in my own brf file the first time I loaded it. When I saw the lack of textures, I then removed the model from my brf. I still got the same result.
-I added a hair texture file that came with the mod that I tipped the hair models from. Made no difference.

Issue is Fixed: Just when I posted this issue I actually fixed it. The issue was that I still had the woman_hair_s model in my brf file as I didn't save it right. When I thought I removed the hair model from my brf, I actually kept the model in the brf I was using for my mod, not the brf I had open. It was my own mistake, but in case this topic is left open, I guess the solution is that if you use an existing native hair model in your own hair brf, you may have issues with loading the proper textures.

Last edited:
Solution
Yes, I solved it the same time I posted the thread. I was going to delete the post, but I didn't find an option to do so. Sorry about that.

Issue is Fixed: Just when I posted this issue I actually fixed it. The issue was that I still had the woman_hair_s model in my brf file as I didn't save it right. When I thought I removed the hair model from my brf, I actually kept the model in the brf I was using for my mod, not the brf I had open. It was my own mistake, but in case this topic is left open, I guess the solution is that if you use an existing native hair model in your own hair brf, you may have issues with loading the proper textures.
Yes, I solved it the same time I posted the thread. I was going to delete the post, but I didn't find an option to do so. Sorry about that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Solution
Back
Top Bottom