Missing Companions

Users who are viewing this thread

So I recently started playing the single-player campaign part of Mount and Blade Warband.  I was riding around, having a great time with Lezalitt and Ymira when we were caught by bandits and beaten.  After being dragged around for a few days I finally managed to escape and went about hunting for Lezalitt, a traveller told me he was staying in Veluca so I immediately rode there, however, once I arrived Lezalitt was nowhere to be found and now his name doesn't even come up when asking about my companions.  I'm having the same problem with Ymira, but I don't really care if I lose her.  Any idea what happened?  Any idea on how to get Lezalitt back?  It'd be great to know.

Common question here on the forum. I've asked it myself a couple of times =)

The traveller can tell you where a companion is at the moment or where he/she's being held prisoner. If a companion randomly escapes (this possible?) or is freed (if the companion is imprisoned by an enemy faction and the war ends) he/she will disappear for a while but appear on traveller's list after a couple of weeks or so.

I'm currently waiting for two of my companions to appear again myself. Always happens.

If they did appear after being caught by bandits but then vanished again that is weird though.

Yup, quite common... I'm waiting for Ymira myself, she left my party some weeks ago, and now alayen doesn't seem to think much of this party, especially since I kept Marnid, his arch nemesis. So I sorta need her to keep him :smile:

But they usually show up pretty quickly (a matter of days)... but it can take a few weeks too.

AndreSo said:
If they did appear after being caught by bandits but then vanished again that is weird though.

Thanks for the replies. But yeah, my experience is identical to the OP:

- I lost to some bandits (some? I mean a hundred... thanks 1.1124) and got dragged around for a while, and all my companions disappeared.

- Talked to a Traveler in a tavern, and he told me where to find them all. I picked up a few at the places he said (Jeremus, Ymira, and Klethi), then went to go get the fourth, Deshavi, where he told me she'd be (Veluca).

- Like the OP, I went to Veluca, but she wasn't there. I thought, Okay, maybe she skipped town while I was on my way from Curaw to pick her up.

- Found another traveler at the next town and now he'll tell me where a few of the remainder are (Firentis, Bunduk, and Alayen), but Deshavi is no longer in his list. I also noticed Baheshtur is gone from the list, too.

This sucks because Deshavi's really important, she's my pathfinder, level 30 or so with 10 points each  in Tracking, Pathfinding and Spotting. Without her I crawl along on the world map. Not having Baheshtur smarts too, he's a real asskicker. Next thing that happened, as I'm traveling around picking up the others, Harlaus declares war on me and I've got to race back to Dhirim to defend it and my few outlying castles from the entire might of the Swadian nation. Tactically I'm in bad shape without Deshavi to help me maneuver or Baheshtur to help defend in sieges. I hope they turn up one day.

Did you check the ransom broker?

Apparently, companions can also be taken prisoner and you can free them via the ransom broker.  I never knew this myself until recently :smile:

excelsias said:
Did you check the ransom broker?

Apparently, companions can also be taken prisoner and you can free them via the ransom broker.  I never knew this myself until recently :smile:

Imprisoned companions are still on the traveller's list.

I had lost a battle prior to patching 1.124 andhad scraped most companions together but they quickly fell out and started leaving - with five good characters missing I patched the game and now I can't find them anywhere - it has been weeks and the traveller doesn't help.

If anyone knows a solution I'd love to know

I've permanently lost Ymira.  Loaned her out to a lord, who then "left the realm".  She has not showed up anywhere in months, not on lists, etc.  I'm pretty sure she got bugged out of the game or I guess eloped with the lord that left the realm.

BTW, wtf is "left the realm"?

I've lost Borcha for good too.  He's been missing for more than a month.

I made him my minister and the castle was re-taken.  The court had nowhere to go so he went the way of the dinosaur.  He even has the samuri armor.  :cry: :lol:

Cinders said:
I've permanently lost Ymira.  Loaned her out to a lord, who then "left the realm".  She has not showed up anywhere in months, not on lists, etc.  I'm pretty sure she got bugged out of the game or I guess eloped with the lord that left the realm.

BTW, wtf is "left the realm"?

"Left the realm" is when a lord has left or been kicked out of every faction once. He's out of the game for good. If your companion was with him, they're gone too. Might be called a bug or glitch. This prompted another poster to conclude that he wouldn't loan companions out anymore thence. I concur.

The companion might reappear in some very long time. I seem to remember someone reporting that. But don't count on it.

Ok, now Ymira has shown up, but my guy auto-refuses her ("sry, can't take you back right now").

No option to allow her back, and I'm not at party maximum.  Bugged for good?

That normally only happens when your party is full (like you said) - perhaps drop some (more) troops off at a garrison just in case?  They keep showing up daily till you take them back in these situations, from memory.

please anyone can help me ,
ilove playing this native start over and over again , but t his only happened not once when i helped Lethwin far-seeker with nords some npc r missing and there character info said its nord rebels but where not longer rebels cuz i complete campure all lords , please help me how to back specially lady svipul , i its been half month ingame time since they disappear , please reply

There are certain things I never do in the game because they are too buggy.  One of them is the rebel quest and the other is loaning out companions.  Actually, in the second instance it just isn't worth losing my companion for a week for a minimal reward.  I'd rather be leveling my companion during that time.

Back
Top Bottom