Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Daneel53

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Translation Error: See hereunder
Corrected Translation: See hereunder
Where did you find this error (which conversation, screen, area,...)?: Screens and French files
Screenshot:

Here are some translations errors I found when playing or rereading the French files.

1646326768145.png
From id="RVDojUOM" text="Les terres autour {.dl}{SETTLEMENT_LINK} sont possédées..."
-> Replace {.dl} by {.d}
1646326859838.png

id="0TyPBryV" text="J'ai récemment acheté le droit de faire paître mes bêtes près du village {.dl}{TARGET_SETTLEMENT}...
-> Replace {.dl} par {.d}

id="1NtZ4BJh" text="{QUEST_GIVER.LINK} : Merci. {?QUEST_GIVER.GENDER}Ma dame{?}Mon seigneur{\?} voit la conquête {.dl}{TARGET_SETTLEMENT} comme la première étape...
-> {.dl} is OK if TARGET_SETTLEMENT is a castle, but for a town we should use {.d}
-> We should write "{?settlementNeedsArticle(TARGET_SETTLEMENT)}{.dl}{?}{.d}{\?}, but will settlementNeedsArticle() work (see my previous report)?

id="2diuD0rT" text="Votre clan/faction est désormais en guerre contre la faction {.dl}{QUEST_GIVER.LINK}.
-> Replace {.dl} by {.d}

1646326970369.png
1 - Sentence in orange
The faction name is missing. This is because there is an error into a variable name:
EN: id="QRJQ9Wgv" text="{PRISONER_LORD.LINK}{?PRISONER_LORD_HAS_FACTION_LINK} of the {PRISONER_LORD_FACTION_LINK}{?}{\?} has been taken prisoner by the {CAPTOR_FACTION}."
FR: id="QRJQ9Wgv" text="{PRISONER_LORD.LINK}{?PRISONER_LORD_HAS_FACTION_LINK} des {PRISONER_LORD_FACTION_LINK}{?}{\?} a été {?PRISONER_LORD.GENDER}capturée{?}capturé{\?} par la faction {CAPTURER_FACTION}."
-> CAPTOR_FACTION and CAPTURER_FACTION, one of the two is wrong (in other similar lines, it is CAPTURER_FACTION in English).

2 - "... des empire septentrional"
EN: id="Ebb7aH3T" text="{PRISONER_LORD.LINK}{?PRISONER_LORD_HAS_FACTION_LINK} of the {PRISONER_LORD_FACTION_LINK}{?}{\?} has been taken prisoner by {CAPTURER_LORD.LINK}{?CAPTURER_LORD_HAS_FACTION_LINK} of the {CAPTURER_LORD_FACTION_LINK}{?}{\?}.
FR: id="Ebb7aH3T" text="{PRISONER_LORD.LINK}{?PRISONER_LORD_HAS_FACTION_LINK} des {PRISONER_LORD_FACTION_LINK}{?}{\?} a été {?PRISONER_LORD.GENDER}capturée{?}capturé{\?} par {CAPTURER_LORD.LINK}{?CAPTURER_LORD_HAS_FACTION_LINK} des {CAPTURER_LORD_FACTION_LINK}{?}{\?}."
-> Replace "des" by {.dl} before CAPTURER_LORD_FACTION_LINK -> "...de l'empire méridional"

1646327029730.png
id="KcQiDE6b" text="Peut se vendre {.cl}{SETTLEMENT_NAME} pour : {SELL_PRICE}
-> Replace {.cl} by {.c} -> Peut se vendre à Amitatys pour..."

EN: id="femaleinfant" text="Infant"
FR: id="femaleinfant" text="Infanterie" (=infantry)
Big translation error, the infant is a child, not infantry!
-> "Bébé", "Nourrisson", "Gosse"...

EN: id="u3K1SozQ" text="Arboreal"
FR: id="u3K1SozQ" text="Arboricole"
I don't understand what does "arboreal" mean, the French "arboricole" seems to be a non sense. Are you sure that the English word "arboreal" is correct in the context of Bannerlord?

EN: id="cSdSSXsO" text="Boar Champion"
FR: id="cSdSSXsO" text="Champion Sanglier"
What is a boar champion? Are we talking about a boar, about a man? Why this name? "Champion sanglier" doesn't mean anything in French.

EN: id="DIt9SuMb" text="Sprout"
FR: id="DIt9SuMb" text="Bourgeon"
I think that here we are not talking about a small plant but about a brand new soldier, so the word "bourgeon" in French is not correct.
-> Replace by "jeune pousse", "bleu", "débutant"...

I stop here this report, it could be much longer, but you must understand that the list of errors is very long as soon as we check carefully what is written on screen.

Understand me well: globally the French translation is good, nice to read, the words used show that the translation was done by professionals, but one thing is obvious: the translation was not played at all before being inserted into Bannerlord 1.7.0. If the translation had been played and reread on screen by French speaking people, the defects would have been obvious (as they are for us) and many things would have been fixed before release. The huge amount of errors linked to missing or wrong articles, for example, is really obvious as soon as you take the time to simply read what is displayed on screen. A mere one hour playing the game in French is enough to see dozens of article errors.

So please, TaleWorlds, after having fix the code bugs that I showed you into the token process in my previous reports, do invite a French translator around a table, play with them if they are not video game players, let them watch and reread carefully what is displayed on screen, and fix the dozens of errors that are into the translation. Your game is still in Early Access, I know that you count on the players that already did buy your game to debug it, but you must do your part of the job before the game quit the EA state: play your game with translators and do fix translation as much as possible.

Be well during those scary times.

Back
Top Bottom