Resolved Minor terrain bug in Tsagaan Castle (TDM)

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Unmodded
Summary:
Yesterday (27th April) I was messing around on TDM as one does, and by mere luck I managed to get my horse stuck on a bit of map. The horse got proper stuck too, falling animation and all. Even after I eventually died, it was still stuck. At the time it was just a funny quirk, but I figured it might as well be a minor thing that could be raised and should be relatively simple to fix.
iucNU9h.png

How to Reproduce:
Earlier today I spent a bit attempting to recreate this bug. After riding the horse onto the battlements, you basically want to hit that corner almost parallel to the ledge, between the dip of the wall corner and the nearby merlon. If you don't turn hard enough you just fall between the ladder and wall, which does get you stuck a tiny bit but you end up falling in the gap, free to move again. Here is a crude overhead-perspective sketch of the path to travel (and which I was trying to replicate):
pxqAMxQ.png

Initially I wasn't seeing any results and was getting worried that the reason was using a different horse - I suspected the larger horse model of the Khuzait Lancer could have made it easier - but in the end it only took around 10 mins of attempts to replicate it. The youtube video posted below in the media section shows that replicated attempt.

Once I got the horse stuck I tried using all the different movement controls in turn to see if it'd break free but no, it got properly stuck just like I initially found it :smile:. It also would not break free even when dismounted and moving by itself. I did not test to see what would happen when it ran to despawn, but I suspect it would have remained stuck and just despawned there.

Part of the reason it took a while to replicate was the fact that I did this in a regular TDM server, so it wasn't trivial to a) find a server which had this map running at the time and b) acquire a horse consistently - and of course c) not get killed by other players while messing around with this :razz:. If anyone knows whether it is possible to set up a "private" server with custom map and gold settings (sort of like you could in Warband) please let me know!

Scene Name (if related):
mp_tdm_map003 in other words, Tsagaan castle
For clarity, here is the location of the offending terrain.
lwFIrax.png

Media (Screenshots & Video):
Youtube Video Recreating the bug
Youtube Video showing all of my attempts at recreating the bug (for just the bug itself, see the above one)
All of the screenshots I used in this bug report

Computer Specs: I was streaming the game through NVIDIA's GeForce NOW service, so I am listing here what I found online regarding the specs on their computers:
GPU: NVIDIA Tesla P40 24GB VRAM
GPU Driver Version: n/a
CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2697 V4 2.3GHz
RAM: 15GB
Motherboard: n/a
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): n/a

Thanks for the detailed report! Forwarded to the QA team for further investigation. We will reach out again if we need more information. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Back
Top Bottom