Minor Suggestions involving Persuasion/ Messages

Users who are viewing this thread

Instag0

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Change Persuasion's name to something like "Guile" or "Trickery" and in addition to what it does now, have higher skills increase the chance of successfully sneaking into a town. Persuasion isn't incredibly useful as is, so having it do what I've suggested would make investing points into it a bit more worthwhile.

Color code messages so that, for example, any word involving Vaegirs would be green (Lords, villages, castles, etc). This would only affect individual names and words in messages both in battle and on the world map. It'd make things a bit easier to understand at-a-glance.

That . . . would be a damn good idea.

If I remember correctly, Fable had a skill called guile that was trading prices, stealth, stealing, and lockpicking all together.  None of those things by themselves was worth anything, but all together they weren't bad in which to invest time.

Sneaking in and out of town is one thing to combine with persuasion, but I am sure there are others.

Really damn good idea.

I think merging trading with persuasion & 'stealth' would make it a bit too powerful of a skill. Plus, there are some honest traders in this game. :grin:

Instag0 said:
I think merging trading with persuasion & 'stealth' would make it a bit too powerful of a skill. Plus, there are some honest traders in this game. :grin:

Merging trading with persuasion would not be too powerful, i think.  Also, it would make sense.  At least change the dependent attribute of persuasion to charisma, that way traders are set to focus on both.

I always loved to play with armies of valkiries (Sword Sisters) and the only way to get "Peasant Womans" is attacking a enemy party with those girls as prisioners.
Since you can find those parties of escaping farmers it would be nice if you can "persuade" them to join you (like: "Do you want money fame and glory??. Join me and the world will be yours !!".
Same applies to those "deserters" parties (if you have more troops can be like: "Join me or die." or "You can wash your cowandice fighting with honor, join me and you will be redemeed !!"). Perhaps this can give you some honor points.
Regarding bandits and looters parties, you can try to persuade them to give you money/items in exchange for their freedom/lives (if you outnumber them). This will make lose some honor points.

Instag0 said:
Change Persuasion's name to something like "Guile" or "Trickery" and in addition to what it does now, have higher skills increase the chance of successfully sneaking into a town. Persuasion isn't incredibly useful as is, so having it do what I've suggested would make investing points into it a bit more worthwhile.

Color code messages so that, for example, any word involving Vaegirs would be green (Lords, villages, castles, etc). This would only affect individual names and words in messages both in battle and on the world map. It'd make things a bit easier to understand at-a-glance.

Nice suggestion, I'm all for. I think I have an even better name for it though, fast-talking.

Zathan

Trade with persuasion is a good idea. Both rely on the bargaining/reasoning power of the player, so it makes sense that they're the same skill. I also agree that persuasion perhaps should affect recruitment potential, and perhaps charisma should as well.

Stealth should be merged with looting.

How do people find looting? I haven't invested in it myself but I have seen how profitable looting is in .95x.

I like the idea, Persuasion should be renamed Guile and would contribute to: persuasion (:lol:), Sneaking into town, lowering the cost of hiring mercenaries, slightly reducing the negative effects of companion conflicts.  I think that's plenty t make it a worthwhile trait without being overpowered.

Aliksander said:
I like the idea, Persuasion should be renamed Guile and would contribute to: persuasion (:lol:), Sneaking into town, lowering the cost of hiring mercenaries, slightly reducing the negative effects of companion conflicts.  I think that's plenty t make it a worthwhile trait without being overpowered.

lowering recruitment cost of mercs is a great idea!  I also must insist, again, that it be dependent on charisma instead of intelligence.  I am not insisting for realism purposes, but gameplay.

Back
Top Bottom