Minor patch - Backspace tactics menu

Users who are viewing this thread

Should be. If you dont want to risk anything, just backup your save file + mod text files.

You might want to make a note for user of the Gameplay version to only use the presentation.txt file.
The others are likely to break the game.

For example the module.ini has a few lines that tries to load files that are not present in this version, such as
load_mod_resource = ext_itm_materials
load_mod_resource = exp_bui_materials
Even after commenting out these lines I ran into strange issues in the game and a crash when attempting to load a siege scene.
(sorry for the late report, had gfx card issue that was just resolved)

I found an odd issue with the patch. I swapped the presentation.txt files, but when I entered a tournament in game all the names next to the sliders were missing/replaced by random letters and symbols. Do I need to more than simply update the presentation file for expanded? If so what files do I actually need?  I have a few minor tweaks I made using the Dev suite (Changed/added a few items/companions and inventory access during battle) and I'd like to keep them in game if all possible so replacing all my files isn't exactly preferable.

We'll need to issue a full patch I think with updated source.  The reason the tournament presentation is messed up is because strings.txt & quick_strings.txt need replacing as well.  There were updates down to the tournament system that were intended to go in with this patch some time ago.

Ok, thanks for the reply. An updated source would be wonderful. Since strings.txt is one of the files I changed, trying to figure out how to fix its text file would be a major pain without the module system. Guess I'll just bide my time until then and avoid tourneys when I play.

I don't know if the solution in source is that obvious, so nobody posted it but I couldn't find it so here it is:

In the module_presentation.py look for the "battle" presentation and change the backgroundmesh to 0:

Code:
("battle",0,0,[
(ti_on_presentation_load,

I haven't run in any problems yet with this fix.

It fixed the backspace menu at the cost of out of place text in different screens.

Installed the latest version, and these three files. Was there some other patch? Alt-tabbing sort of resolves the menu problem.

eastpaw said:
Edit: It's pretty straightforward, but just in case anyone has trouble installing this, just unzip the package into your Floris 2.54 folder. For Steam users, it should be something like:

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\mountblade warband\Modules\Floris Expanded Mod Pack 2.54

Sorry it still doesnt work for me ? I extracted the files to the 2.54 folder as above but still its not removing that screen at the tactical backspace...

Is there a dumb thing that I am doing wrong? Its spoiling an otherwise great mod for me!

irnbru1970 said:
eastpaw said:
Edit: It's pretty straightforward, but just in case anyone has trouble installing this, just unzip the package into your Floris 2.54 folder. For Steam users, it should be something like:

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\mountblade warband\Modules\Floris Expanded Mod Pack 2.54

Sorry it still doesnt work for me ? I extracted the files to the 2.54 folder as above but still its not removing that screen at the tactical backspace...

Is there a dumb thing that I am doing wrong? Its spoiling an otherwise great mod for me!
For Expanded: The only thing is to move it to your Floris 2.54 folder and let it overwrite the old files.
For Gameplay: Only use the presentations, strings & quick_strings text files.
If it still not solves the problem then you probably did  it wrong.

Hey all - I keep getting crashes on loading after installing the patch files.  I backed everything up, and have no problems restoring and playing, so that's good!

1st:  overwrote all the files in the 2.54 folder (35 files or so), crashed to desktop on startup
2nd:  just replaced the presentations, strings, and quick strings, startup froze

Any help would be appreciated

Hello guys

Thanks for your hard work. Great mod, like it.

I download the patch 2.54a to fix the backspace tactics menu and the background but now I can't launch the mod anymore. I have the following error message "unable to open file: Modules\Floris[...]2.54\ressources\ext_itm_material.brf

should I re-install the mod or is there something else to do ? Thanks in advance

I extracted all the three recommended text files, and began experiencing the previously mentioned dialogue errors. I then extracted every text file with no change to dialogue errors. I re-installed the mod, no change. I'll try a full uninstall then re-install sometime later when I have the patience. For now, time to blow up Internet Spaceships.

I'm having a few issues with the fix too. I'm using the gameplay version and replaced the files Quick_Strings, Presentation, and Strings as the directions say. I'm now getting some odd errors. The screenshot shows some issues in the character creation screen:
zFq1YWx.jpg

Along with that, clicking the Character and Companions text in the reports section crashes the game. I have tested the mod without the "fixes" and it works fine, apart from the backspace tactics menu. Until further notice, I'll be limited to having to use the broken menu.

Are there any problems applying this patch to 2.54 Expanded?
If yes, is it worth applying? Because it is still playable without backspace tactics menu. There is no need to introduce new problems to use the tactics menu, in my opinion.
I do not want to risk anything. :smile:

Back
Top Bottom