• The forum has been updated. For an explanation of some of the changes, head over here.

[Minor League] Stage 1 | Fixtures | Deadline is 21.03

Currently viewing this thread:

Ciiges

Grandmaster Knight
WB
NNN (2)12-0(0) CFB

CIHWPIX.jpg
DImDGBs.jpg
X7EMeam.jpg
 

ZombieJR

Knight at Arms
Pokemon of Leeds 2 - 1 MoB

B7B00EA8B0A2FB01E940F91AA1EC1CA0D0640B30
11E7251410C5264D11420B0CC637BD0EBEACD539
50544DB0EDFB87C80DCE03D19B68B5AFF4641DA1
D64008449D3437B30ABAC162D1DB1E91834DCB85
C2AA72D68198F0112D38426D59C25F4EA60C2D6C
Missing one set, we won it 3-0 as nords on verloren

>Playing an extra map against a team that we beat convincingly in the first 2 maps... #thankyounexoner
 

Normanguy

Sergeant Knight
ICA  2 - 1 Red Brigade
ICA 15 - 9 Red Brigade

Fort of honour, Red Brigade Win
(ICA)Vaegir 3 - 2 Rhodok (Red Brigade)
(ICA)Rhodok 0 - 3 Vaegir (Red Brigade)
3-5

Naval outpost, ICA win
(ICA)Khergit 3 - 1 Vaegir (Red Brigade)
(ICA)Vaegir 3 - 2 Khergit (Red Brigade)
6-3

Verloren, ICA win
(ICA)Nord 3 - 0 Swadia (Red Brigade)
(ICA)Swadia 3 - 1 Nord (Red Brigade)
6-1

https://imgur.com/a/DCmPY Missing two of the sets but kazupa can vouch                       
 
ZombieJR said:
Pokemon of Leeds 2 - 1 MoB

B7B00EA8B0A2FB01E940F91AA1EC1CA0D0640B30
11E7251410C5264D11420B0CC637BD0EBEACD539
50544DB0EDFB87C80DCE03D19B68B5AFF4641DA1
D64008449D3437B30ABAC162D1DB1E91834DCB85
C2AA72D68198F0112D38426D59C25F4EA60C2D6C
Missing one set, we won it 3-0 as nords on verloren

>Playing an extra map against a team that we beat convincingly in the first 2 maps... #thankyounexoner

15 - 7 to leeds if you need the rounds
 

Apfel

Knight at Arms
ZombieJR said:
Pokemon of Leeds 2 - 1 MoB

B7B00EA8B0A2FB01E940F91AA1EC1CA0D0640B30
11E7251410C5264D11420B0CC637BD0EBEACD539
50544DB0EDFB87C80DCE03D19B68B5AFF4641DA1
D64008449D3437B30ABAC162D1DB1E91834DCB85
C2AA72D68198F0112D38426D59C25F4EA60C2D6C
Missing one set, we won it 3-0 as nords on verloren

>Playing an extra map against a team that we beat convincingly in the first 2 maps... #thankyounexoner
Yea this system with maps is weird, we lost 15-7 but still had a chance of winning until the last set. Good for us and was more fun than already loosing a match on the first map, but i imagine that it is very annoying for the winning team and as i hope MoB will also get the honour of winning some matches i dont really like the system.
Was quite cool to play Khergits, they won vs vaegirs and it wasnt even that hard, their balance seems okay to me atleast on closed/mixed :wink:
 

ZombieJR

Knight at Arms
Apfel said:
and if we would have won the last set 3-0 we would have went to winterburg, this is broken
I'm glad you're seeing this also and not getting salty. Some people would probably see it as us tryna tub it in, but that's not what we're doing. I respect it!

but please do change this rule -.-
 

GrafBlade

Knight at Arms
Well, such ideas are used in sport as well e.g. Tennis:

At Grand Slams it is a Ft3 winning system. To reach this, it is of no importance how the sets scores were:

Set 1: 6 - 0
Set 2: 6 - 7
Set 3: 6 - 0
Although Player 1 seems to be the better one, he still needs to win one more set to win the match.
Set 4: 6 - 7
Set 5: 6 - 7

Oh! Apparently Player 1 lost the match, even tho with a look on the set scores (and the won points in general) he can still be considered the better player!
But this is a statistical matter only, it is not helping him to get to the next round.

Just wanted to point out that I would not consider the system used in ML being broken. Even tho it might not sound fair and that is the thing: The result might not be fair, but in the end it also shows if a team was able to make it through or not.

Beside that: I like the fact that you might be allowed to play more than 2 maps in one match :wink:

And for those who didn't understand the Tennis example:
Your favourite football team plays awesome for 90 minutes, but is not able to make a goal, 30 seconds before the end the other team that played bad makes a goal and wins.
Not really fair, but this is how it goes.
 

ZombieJR

Knight at Arms
GrafBlade said:
Well, such ideas are used in sport as well e.g. Tennis:

At Grand Slams it is a Ft3 winning system. To reach this, it is of no importance how the sets scores were:

Set 1: 6 - 0
Set 2: 6 - 7
Set 3: 6 - 0
Although Player 1 seems to be the better one, he still needs to win one more set to win the match.
Set 4: 6 - 7
Set 5: 6 - 7

Oh! Apparently Player 1 lost the match, even tho with a look on the set scores (and the won points in general) he can still be considered the better player!
But this is a statistical matter only, it is not helping him to get to the next round.

Just wanted to point out that I would not consider the system used in ML being broken. Even tho it might not sound fair and that is the thing: The result might not be fair, but in the end it also shows if a team was able to make it through or not.

Beside that: I like the fact that you might be allowed to play more than 2 maps in one match :wink:

And for those who didn't understand the Tennis example:
Your favourite football team plays awesome for 90 minutes, but is not able to make a goal, 30 seconds before the end the other team that played bad makes a goal and wins.
Not really fair, but this is how it goes.

I understand what you're saying, but isn't the ML like a tournament for those who aren't strong enough to play against the strongest teams in warband like FT or AE, don't want get ruined every game or are new to competitive all together if I'm not wrong? So why not make the tournament the same way as the other tournaments, I don't think I've ever participated in any tournament where they've not used rounds as the conclusion of matches, and personally I don't think that should change. Adding a 3rd map takes up time some people might not have, say someone has to leave at 20:00 when the match starts at 19:00, the last set on the 2nd map is played at 19:45, there is not a chance they will be able to play a last map and the team has no other substitutions. That team would have to play with 4 players, whilst the other team have 5? Not fair.

Imo it should stay how it always was, the winner being decided by the amount of rounds won. The skill gap in this tournament isn't really as huge as others think. So having a 3rd map as an option mean it will be played 7/10 which is another 20 minutes AT LEAST for a match.
 

Nexoner

Sergeant Knight
WBNWVCM&BWF&S
The results has been updated.
Mucahit Han said:
Genç Atsızlar 12-2 Dominion
p6DZro.jpg
m2DYQ4.jpg
EP0aXg.jpg
1JozmY.jpg
JQGPrW.jpg
You should reupload these screenshots, because links has some error, and I think the site hizliresim.com works only in Turkey.
ZombieJR said:
why not make the tournament the same way as the other tournaments
I make the new competition, using innovations in its conduct, which already says, that Minor League is the unique tournament. Why we don't still playing in format "bo5" with 5 minutes in each round? Because once upon a time, someone has decided to change it and introduce new rules.

I understand your discontent, but I really don't want to copy any team competition, making Minor League the one more mediocre uninteresting competetive event. Someone has decided to create new maps, and we still playing on them, but don't continue to update.

Mount&Blade is not the official eSport game, and we must try something new everytime to make next stage of Competetive Mount&Blade more thoughtful and attractive for players. At this moment, Competetive Warband has stopped to evolve, when someone decided to keep the rules and maps, and do not change them — for better or for worse: without efforts we can achive nothing.

I am still would like to hear your opinions and suggestions about current rules in the Minor League, and I hope the Major League organizers will emphasize something for theirselves, and innovations will not be forgotten in the underground.

If the "weak team" has won you on one map, so do you really think that they deserve a defeat now?
 

ZombieJR

Knight at Arms
Nexoner said:
The results has been updated.
Mucahit Han said:
Genç Atsızlar 12-2 Dominion
p6DZro.jpg
m2DYQ4.jpg
EP0aXg.jpg
1JozmY.jpg
JQGPrW.jpg
You should reupload these screenshots, because links has some error, and I think the site hizliresim.com works only in Turkey.
ZombieJR said:
why not make the tournament the same way as the other tournaments
I make the new competition, using innovations in its conduct, which already says, that Minor League is the unique tournament. Why we don't still playing in format "bo5" with 5 minutes in each round? Because once upon a time, someone has decided to change it and introduce new rules.

I understand your discontent, but I really don't want to copy any team competition, making Minor League the one more mediocre uninteresting competetive event. Someone has decided to create new maps, and we still playing on them, but don't continue to update.

Mount&Blade is not the official eSport game, and we must try something new everytime to make next stage of Competetive Mount&Blade more thoughtful and attractive for players. At this moment, Competetive Warband has stopped to evolve, when someone decided to keep the rules and maps, and do not change them — for better or for worse: without efforts we can achive nothing.

I am still would like to hear your opinions and suggestions about current rules in the Minor League, and I hope the Major League organizers will emphasize something for theirselves, and innovations will not be forgotten in the underground.

If the "weak team" has won you on one map, so do you really think that they deserve a defeat now?

I understand your point completely. But I still don't agree with the fact that you can beat someone 6-0 on one map and then lose like 6-5 on another and yet be on level pegging.
 
Top Bottom