[Minor League] Questions & Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

The French Touch point is very true arguably some of them are better NW players and they do trash in native, I really don't think being good with a bayonet helps with cav or archery. In infantry yeah maybe we can beat you guys with awlpike but that's about it we are still noob native players, besides our team fits under the criteria of the tournament and I don't see a problem, there was every opportunity for teams to get themselves a top tier mentor like we did in no way have we broken or bended the rules.

Some teams are not Minor at all and that's sad to see that these teams want to have a first place in a tourney so they join the tourney and add really good players (but not mentor cuz they never went to semi final; only quarter final -_-). The mentor system should be modified and improved. A lot of players never went to semi final in Native but won matches in Mercenaries (I know its different but still same classes). Moreover I dont know why NA players who won finals or semi finals aren't considered mentor (maybe cuz of the ping?) but this is not a minor league at all.
Teams like MoB, Pokemon of Leeds ,and Proland are good teams in big tourneys (they dont lose 12 0 against AE or FT but they give some challenge unlike real minor teams) so i dont know why they are considered minor.

Alyss said:
Some teams are not Minor at all and that's sad to see that these teams want to have a first place in a tourney so they join the tourney and add really good players (but not mentor cuz they never went to semi final; only quarter final -_-). The mentor system should be modified and improved. A lot of players never went to semi final in Native but won matches in Mercenaries (I know its different but still same classes). Moreover I dont know why NA players who won finals or semi finals aren't considered mentor (maybe cuz of the ping?) but this is not a minor league at all.
Teams like MoB, Pokemon of Leeds ,and Proland are good teams in big tourneys (they dont lose 12 0 against AE or FT but they give some challenge unlike real minor teams) so i dont know why they are considered minor.
Instead of just complaining, provide solutions so if another league were to happen after this one the suggestions could be considered for it, IE If it remains 5v5 no top tier mentors as they can influence a game too much
Though honestly i cant see a better way of cutting down on players experience and skill that is easy to check and enforce

Normanguy said:
Alyss said:
Instead of just complaining, provide solutions so if another league were to happen after this one the suggestions could be considered for it, IE If it remains 5v5 no top tier mentors as they can influence a game too much
Though honestly i cant see a better way of cutting down on players experience and skill that is easy to check and enforce

Semi final only is too small. Should be quarter too at least

Alyss said:

We've lost 12-0 to DoF before :O

Alyss said:
i guess youre right, cuz we only lost 12-1 vs AE in WNL. Makes us pro. Youre complaining that some teams are better than others, wtf would this tourney be if everyone would have the same level? half a year ago, in WSC, MoB only had siegeplayers. Then Borr joined us, a pro, as a mentor , made some additions of duelists and mercs players and formed a team basicly out of scrap. This should be an example for other comp newbies, it shows there are still chances to get into the competitive scene if you dedicate yourself to it. The key was our Mentor, otherwise we wouldnt have made it to achievements like our win against EK in WNL.
I really like how Nexoner created that mentor position, without one some teams would be totally clueless what comp is about. Seriously, i believe it would even be hard to schedule matches with teams without mentor and good english.
As long as the mentor doesnt want to slay newbies, but wants to bring his team somewhere he is a great thing imo.
Like normanguy said, provide solutions instead of complaining about some teams looking stronger than others, thats how life is, we didnt tryhard for nothing.

ZombieJR said:
Alyss said:

We've lost 12-0 to DoF before :O
Can confirm.

Alyss said:

Don't compare Mercs and Native, besides, this tournament is designed for noobs to actually contest against Low Tier teams instead of going into a Major tournament and getting whitewashed. FrenchTouch has proved that by beating Wolfpack.

ZombieJR said:
3 days for the next schedule?
Yes. Every stage consists of three days (to be precise, Stage 2 — four).
ZombieJR said:
3 days for the next schedule? What if we're not avaliable on weekends?
If you not avaliable, then you just considered as loser.
ZombieJR said:
Can we get and extension?
No, we can't make extentions, but actually they will be in the celebration holidays.
Shoxi said:
Will be there official break during Easter holidays?
Christian 29/03/18 - 02/04/18
Orthodox 06/04/18 - 09/04/18
So yes, I will make a break for it, but you still will be able play official match.

This tournament as well as Competiton in general is something that goes deeper than just a story of mentor, don't focus too much on that.

By its very nature, the native comp can get you disqualify by many things outside of the core skill (blocking, speed, chamber, stab,etc...) when playing.

There's no magical ticket, tricks or superiority coming from nw to native, you need to learn, see with your eyes, hear with your ears, think with your mind to get better as for everyone.

~Drake~ said:
This tournament as well as Competiton in general is something that goes deeper than just a story of mentor, don't focus too much on that.

By its very nature, the native comp can get you disqualify by many things outside of the core skill (blocking, speed, chamber, stab,etc...) when playing.

There's no magical ticket, tricks or superiority coming from nw to native, you need to learn, see with your eyes, hear with your ears, think with your mind to get better as for everyone.
thanks

I came with an idea and I would like to hear your opinion about it without trash talking if possible :smile:.

Captains of all team (or a player of the team) and Nexoner would judge players in 3 categories (Pros which is the highest category for players who made finals and semi finals and played in it (not just on the roster), Mentors for experienced players who made major tourneys but never reached semi-final but were in knockout stage or in top 4 of group B if there was a group B and beginners/novices)
Teams could have only 1 pro, 2-3 mentors and the  number of novices they want.
Then during a match, the pro can only play with novices (4 novices and the pro during the match) to avoid 4 skilled players and one novice and 2 mentors can play with 3 novices so there are no team with 10 players on roster and only experienced players playing and benching novices.

I know we could work more on this system but its just an idea and I know it is a bit late for this to come in this tourney when all teams already played.

Back
Top Bottom