Resolved Minor Governor Exploit

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.5.10
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: One minor exploit and one small issue with Governor UI. Sorry if these have been posted before, I didn't find them with a quick search.

Exploit: You can assign a companion as governor, then kick that companion from the clan while they are still governor and they will remain as governor and still provide their governor bonuses without taking up one of your companion slots. I came back to the fief a few in-game weeks later and this was still the case - daily tick does not resolve this. Oddly, during this time I also saw the same companion in another town (Sargot), so they're moving around as non-clan wanderers do but they were still listed as governor of Talivel Castle and providing bonuses so the game seems to think they're in two places at once.

Governor UI Issue: When you hover over the character portraits when selecting a governor, the game gives a tooltip indicating what governor bonuses each candidate would provide (which is great). The perks typically have two effects (one governor-related, one not), and both perk effects are listed in this tooltip. It would be a lot easier to read this list if only the governor effect from each perk was listed in the tooltip. This is a minor issue though.

How to Reproduce: Assign a companion as governor, either through the manage settlement function while in the settlement, or through the Clan -> Fiefs menu. Leave settlement. Kick companion from clan using the "Kick from Clan" button in the Clan -> Members menu. Return to settlement and click Manage Settlement. Your ex-companion will still be the governor and provide the same bonuses, despite not being in your clan any more.

Have you used cheats and if so which: No cheats, no mods
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
GPU Driver Version: 466.47
CPU: Intel Core i5-10600K
RAM: 16 GB DDR4
Motherboard: MSI MAG Z490 Tomahawk
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): 1 TB NVMe SSD

I've uploaded my save with this thread in the description in case it's useful. Fief in question is Talivel Castle.

Back
Top Bottom