Minor Factions

Users who are viewing this thread

All minor factions should have a maximum of 7 units (half a major faction).

Mercenary minor factions should:
- Sell units from their roster permanently. (More expensive)
- Sell units from their roster in a temporary contract. (Less expensive)
- Being hired just to attack a specific target in a temporary contract. (Less expensive than entering in a total war)
- Reset the relationship with the factions after the end of the war or the end of temporary contract.
- Have a main territory; village or castle. (Where your troops can train, for a price)
- To be able to choose one, and only one, to join and create your own kingdom with their units.

Bandit minor factions should:
- Be able to negotiate a truce when the leader is captured.
- Be more aggressive and capable of attacking villages, castles and cities.
- Have a main territory; hideout. (Which is rebuilt if you attack and have not eliminated the lords).
- To be able to choose one, and only one, to join and create your own kingdom with their units. (Like a rebel army)**

**And that's how I improved the Wolfskins, because I see them more as a rebellious faction of Battania, who preserve the old ways and characterize themselves as "ancient celts". A much better background:

Wolf01.png

Wolf02.png
+1
I like it, I'll buy it. To put a nitpicky downside.
- Have a main territory; village or castle. refuge (Where your troops can train, for a price)

In my eyes it would be better to have a VC-like refuge creation mechanic, so that this type of settlement would be portable (a 2.0 version for Bannerlord of what we have in VC) and without the factors that condition stationary settlements (castles/cities/towns).

+1

In my eyes it would be better to have a VC-like refuge creation mechanic, so that this type of settlement would be portable (a 2.0 version for Bannerlord of what we have in VC) and without the factors that condition stationary settlements (castles/cities/towns).

Looks good. We just hope something like that can be officially developed, don't we? That is the problem. ?

+1

Yes this is what I want too! A refuge or "special village base " that isn't tied to a faction! If they made it customizable and added stuff you could put in it like a trophy collection people would eat that **** up! That's the kind of thing people love in the sandbox rpg part of the game. Some that's theirs, special in thier game, just for them.

Even just a VC refuge would be a big improvement, but if they wanted to expand it to have more uses and customization it would be a really popular feature and work towards adding that meat to the endless battle buffet.

Like the Wolfskins, I already have a roster of units for each minor faction, but I refuse to develop and release this mod for now...
The minor factions, like the game in general, are lifeless. I keep waiting and hoping for significant updates, so I can get back to playing.

I just don't get the logic behind TW adding minor factions and then do absolutely nothing with them, when there's obviously so much which could be done with minimal effort and development.

I just don't get the logic behind TW adding minor factions and then do absolutely nothing with them, when there's obviously so much which could be done with minimal effort and development.
That's easy: they didn't actually have concrete plans. They just threw out something that sounded cool.

Callum wrote in another thread that they won't add them, but it would be a good idea for a mod...
Since when is it acceptable for modders to implement the features they advertised in their devblogs?

I wish they removed them from the game completely or at least make them stop populating like flies so i can execute them all.
One thing i hated the most in warband was those lords just kept coming to raid your village no matter how far it is and in bannerlord, they're multiplied and called minor factions. I am pretty sure these were put in the game only as a balancing piece so Southern Empire won't vanish in a year or two like Swadia always did.

Their this view is apparent on numerous different features of the game.

The game is like a collection of features that are not connected to the world deeply. They are all shallow, and at minimum.

Might also be related to a dirty codebase.

Their this view is apparent on numerous different features of the game.

The game is like a collection of features that are not connected to the world deeply. They are all shallow, and at minimum.

Might also be related to a dirty codebase.
Yeah I think that's clear to everyone, however what dissapoints me is they're not coming out with a statement like "yeah we want to add all these features, but it's taking longer than expected so please be patient with us!". Instead they give vague statements dismissing that they'll add any of those cool features they advertised in their old devblogs...

This goes well with the fact that someone on these forums said they suppose the great design shift happened around 2016, when the game shifted from it's previous design to a new more sterile one. It may be due to a change of staff or input of new decision-makers. But in general, a very disappointing turn.
One of the primary rumors/allegations by at least one proposed former employee for the massive delay has been that throughout the years they have designed, built and scrapped multiple systems after investing serious time and resources into each one. One example given was the skill system, which reportedly by 2016 had been made and then scrapped for them to start over from scratch 3 separate times by that point.
Too complicated for who?
For stooey hewmens.
When Rockstar made Red Dead Redemption 2, I wish that they never included NPC dialogue interactions, snow physics, beautiful landscapes, all that attention to detail on practically everything, endless amounts of those voice lines, and side activities like hunting, fishing, and mini-games, due to there being no gameplay value in those things. It would've been so much better if all of those things were never in the game to begin with, and Rockstar focused more on the action instead of that useless fluff that adds nothing to the game. I am so glad that Bannerlord focuses on nothing like that and instead just focuses on the action, instead of all those useless "features" that the haters want.

All those little details and minor features that were in Warband, Warband mods, and Viking Conquest that are completely missing in Bannerlord due to "no gameplay value", seriously take away so much from Bannerlord. The minor features and immersion features really add up when you include many of them. It gets worse when Bannerlord includes new things and then does absolutely nothing noteworthy or interesting with them, not even adding life, like minor factions. The result is a game with no soul.
Absolutely savage.
Armagan whenever a dev approaches him with a list of forum suggestions:

gnpzxrr17yg21.jpg
What can mankind do against such reckless ignorance?
:lol: You had (have) at your disposal, this one:
GOXwp.jpg
:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom