SP - World Map Minor factions with One city and/or castle

Users who are viewing this thread

Much like in Civ V, there are minor factions/city states that you work with to improve your science, economy, etc. We do see minor factions running around the map but it would be cool if they had a city or castle as well. Could make for some easy, early game conquers. They could be on the two island north of Asarei or off the coast of Vlandia. East of Khuzait an Asian based faction and South East of Asarai an African based kingdom or faction.

They could be teamed up with a kingdom already or on their own.

Heres a Map I made. My photoshop expired so had to use a lesser program but its the general idea.

It includes:
>sea routes between
-Aserai and Western/Southern Kingdom
-Sturgia and a minor Nordic faction
-Vlandia and a minor faction
-Sturgia and Northern Empire
>Minor kingdoms
-African
-East Asian (Chinese or Japanese)(Tang dynasty or Nara/Heian)
-Mediterranean kingdom (Greeks or Second Bulgarian Kingdom)(A trade kingdom)
-A native American kingdom or Irish kingdom off the coast of Vlandia?
>Misc
-A cultural quest for Battania that involves going to a shrine in the middle of the lake and doing some kind of ritual

The whole idea I have with the minor factions is that they offer an early game conflict or variety to the map. The player could easier take on the minor kingdom instead of facing a major faction. Its kind of like City states in Civ V. Or they could provide incentive for early game conflicts if major factions declare war on them.

They can also each have a unique trade item made nowhere else, a unique troop. It could also be designed that instead of creating a new city, you can take some already created citys I included in the map and convert them into the minor faction

Another Idea I have is to have minor and major cities. A major city could be one per major faction, that has a larger layout and the minor citys could produce less so to make the minor faction not as important.

Open to suggestions or to only one element of this idea within the game!

Back
Top Bottom