Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, I used mods.

Octanoz

Regular
I'm in the late stages of my second full playthrough, we've nearly conquered the whole map and the same issue pops up as before. Minor factions get fiefs assigned as soon as they join the kingdom and change loyalty quicker than some people change their underwear.

I have a save file available if you wish that has me just roll up to Charas which is owned by the Jawwal and they choose to join the Vlandians just seconds before I arrive. I immediately besiege the settlement (I save the game) and start building a row of trebuchets. When I've finished building my second trebuchet they've already switched sides back to my kingdom, the Khuzaits, and end the siege this way. Clever...

My main issue isn't that they're being opportunistic, let them be. But I should have a chance to punish them for it. Let them stick to their choice for at least a season, preferably longer. But more importantly, it's frustrating that I have 14 fellow lords pledging 100 influence for the minor faction to have a fief when they have betrayed us countless times already. There needs to be a penalty for switching sides over and over again. Also, I've tried to force a re-vote on who should own the fief and everyone is against, all the time. I tried to force it twice in a row and when I abstained from voting the second time I got 10 relation with all clans (same save).

Hi Elyse,

The list of mods has grown quite a bit:

- Army arrow counter
- SavingOverhaul
- Improved Garrisons
- Improved Smithing
- Party Screen Enhancements
- True Relations

I don't have any "clean" saves close to endgame. That would take a good while for me to test. For what it's worth the factions always show this behavior, also when playing clean. It just seems to go into overdrive as several kingdoms weaken. They don't want to be on the losing side but they don't want to stay with "the big dog" either.

My previous playthrough had a different list of mods. Only Improved Smithing was there as well.

I have been informed that this issue is fixed on our development branch and the fix will be implemented with the upcoming patches. Thanks for reporting!

Back
Top Bottom