SP - General Minor Clans' Base of Operations

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey Community, wouldn't it be cool if minor factions had hideouts and camps?

Let me explain myself better.

Camps for; Legions of the Betrayed, Skolderbrotva, Ghilman, Forest People, Company of the Golden Boar since they are not at war with any faction and peaceful.

Hideouts for; Beni Zilal, Brotherhood of the Woods, Eleftheroi, Embers of the Flame, Karakhergit, Lake Rats, Jawwal, Hidden Hand since they'reat war with certain factions and openly doing cut-throat business.

They can hold their prisoners and war spoils there until peacetime, and when peace comes, they should be able to recruit people from the camp.

This idea is rough though needs polishing and needs to be adressed on.

This is a nice idea. I often forget minor factions even exist, they seem to become so poor that they can't recruit or buy food and just end up being captured over and over again or sitting in cities for dozens of days. Maybe camps would help with that.

Yes I agree, would also open the way for players to recruit their units (after reaching certain relationship thresholds of course) or perhaps even join them.

It's probably too late for Bannerlord to mess with the mechanics of these groups...

But i think there are interesting ways of improving them. They seem like nomadic clans of brigands or tribes from the wastes. But because they have no economic basis, I can't think of them as nomadic. Rather, I tend to think of them the way I think of free companies - or military orders - Professional incorporated firms or organisations who sell or lend their arms rather than physical products.

As such rather than a base or encampment, maybe an office or offices in either their region of origin or region of employment would be more appropriate. Where their accountants and book keepers would theoretically be located (and might sit in the city view next to merchants and gangs). Their office would obviously need to pay rent or a fee to it's city owner to stay incorporated there - making them attractive to host.

Last edited:
It's probably too late for Bannerlord to mess with the mechanics of these groups...

But i think there are interesting ways of improving them. They seem like nomadic clans of brigands or tribes from the wastes. But because they have no economic basis, I can't think of them as nomadic. Rather, I tend to think of them the way I think of free companies - or military orders - Professional incorporated firms or organisations who sell or lend their arms rather than physical products.

As such rather than a base or encampment, maybe an office or offices in either their region of origin or region of employment would be more appropriate. Where their accountants and book keepers would theoretically be located (and might sit in the city view next to merchants and gangs). Their office would obviously need to pay rent or a fee to it's city owner to stay incorporated there - making them attractive to host.
I like this idea, really would help the game thematicly.

Like the idea, not sure how it will work with de location. as a minor faction You would not want to get a contract fighting against the kingdom where your base op operations is located.
What I like to see is the following:
- you can join a minor faction and build relationship with them.
- after you start your own kingdom they stay loyal to you if you have sky high relations
- You can even change the culture of your kingdom to the minor's faction.

Back
Top Bottom