Minimum threshold to become head of an existing faction

Users who are viewing this thread

Yesterday I joined the ranks of folks elected to the monarchy after having joined a kingdom, thus increasing the rate of death for my liege. One battle which Caladog joined was all it took. I didn’t even see him die.

To my surprise, the first of three options for the next King was me! Me, fiefless, clan tier 2 or 3, not worth all that much (I think I’d banked 25,000 at the time). The support was universal. Guess I’d impressed them greatly with being knocked out in tournaments so often. If it was because I’d married Corein or led the battle that Caladog had fallen in that’d make sense. Maybe the vassals of the realm wanted someone they thought they could push around after Caladog. But not wanting that hassle upon me yet, I quickly abdicated.

Is there a minimum that’s needed to become the leader? Feels off that I should become king so early on without pulling from sword from a rock or murdering my liege during a hunt while bringing riches to rival lords. If there’s not a minimum, is there appetite to have one (like clan tier 4 or a special quest that unlocks the ability to be chosen as king)? Or do folks want it to happen that easily?

They should really implement something such as this:

Rhagaea is engaged in a civil war to preserve her dynasty and the system of hereditary monarchy, yet if I join the Southern Empire and not even marry any of her relatives I'll probably be elected Emperor when she dies.

Rhagaea is engaged in a civil war to preserve her dynasty and the system of hereditary monarchy, yet if I join the Southern Empire and not even marry any of her relatives I'll probably be elected Emperor when she dies.

The types of succession styles outlined in that mod feel like just the thing to fix what I encountered. Glad to see it, and I hope something like it gets adopted. Feels like the mechanism could sit/live under kingdom policies in the current UI.

Yesterday I joined the ranks of folks elected to the monarchy after having joined a kingdom, thus increasing the rate of death for my liege. One battle which Caladog joined was all it took. I didn’t even see him die.

To my surprise, the first of three options for the next King was me! Me, fiefless, clan tier 2 or 3, not worth all that much (I think I’d banked 25,000 at the time). The support was universal. Guess I’d impressed them greatly with being knocked out in tournaments so often. If it was because I’d married Corein or led the battle that Caladog had fallen in that’d make sense. Maybe the vassals of the realm wanted someone they thought they could push around after Caladog. But not wanting that hassle upon me yet, I quickly abdicated.

Is there a minimum that’s needed to become the leader? Feels off that I should become king so early on without pulling from sword from a rock or murdering my liege during a hunt while bringing riches to rival lords. If there’s not a minimum, is there appetite to have one (like clan tier 4 or a special quest that unlocks the ability to be chosen as king)? Or do folks want it to happen that easily?
The bots probably wanted someone they could push around. In my game I joined battania at clan lv2 and somehow got rewarded 2 newly conquered castles with 100 Garrison each. At the time my relation with lords are either negative or 0. The castles were retaken shortly after and I got negative influence for losing territory. Cheaky bots

Given how thankless a job it is to rule... and how little power you have over policy...

They probably voted for you because nobody else was stupid enough to take the job.

I think most factions should have a different way of electing a new leader. For example, it makes sense that in the Southern Empire, Ira becomes the next Queen, given the little lore of the game, the title being connected to their house. For Khuzait, a tournament among the leaders of the top tier clans, the winner gets to be the new leader. In Vladia, I can see the most influence clan leader among the top tier clans would lead the faction.
Just some examples but I do think it would be great to see a bit of diversity among the factions and be less "3 random notable lords, 1 gets to be chosen".

+1

This was one of my biggest gripes on release. Ira's husband - player or no - should auto-inherit the faction when Rhagea dies.

Back
Top Bottom