Minecraft

Users who are viewing this thread

Dryvus said:
Oh look it's a giant turd.

No trolling, flaming or anything similar
This is an open, friendly community and also the first stop for those seeking information or assistance of the game. We will not tolerate flaming or trolling; this includes but is not limited to deliberately trying to provoke an argument (flame-baiting), personal insults and verbal attacks. If you disagree with what someone has said, debate the point, not the person. Harassment of other users will not be tolerated either; this relates to PM-harassment or harassment by constantly insulting users across multiple threads, or by making disparaging comments that have no content relevant to the topics/discussion.

...but of course the rules don't count for old-time forumites.

Mixedpotatoes said:
Dryvus said:
Oh look it's a giant turd.

No trolling, flaming or anything similar
This is an open, friendly community and also the first stop for those seeking information or assistance of the game. We will not tolerate flaming or trolling; this includes but is not limited to deliberately trying to provoke an argument (flame-baiting), personal insults and verbal attacks. If you disagree with what someone has said, debate the point, not the person. Harassment of other users will not be tolerated either; this relates to PM-harassment or harassment by constantly insulting users across multiple threads, or by making disparaging comments that have no content relevant to the topics/discussion.

...but of course the rules don't count for old-time forumites.

Go **** yourself.

Terrible staff and the server is full of people who talk big then never log in at war. But its okay.

Yes but you can at least destroy blocks of the enemy faction when they're online so if they do ever turn up you should be able to get in and hopefully fight them.

woops necro post

Anyways, for the past couple weeks I've been running a modded LAN server with myself and a couple friends, with a bunch of mods tossed in to give the game some much needed content and variety, and it has been... surprisingly refreshing. The mod list includes Mo' Creatures, Biomes a Plenty, Thaumcraft, Twilight Forest, Archaeology, and so on, and it has actually been pretty fun. As it stands, we're building a Native American mound city where I reign as the Chieftainess Paramount, in the vein of the great city of Cahokia, with possible expansion into new settlements in a French Colonial/New Orleans style. To get to the point, however, this being successful and fun so far, and with the possibility of adding a new mod to add Custom AI to populate settlements and potentially build armies, I've been considering opening up the server to people outside my friend group to the end of creating a whole network of settlements and cultures to interact with. The rules are still up in the air, and I've yet to extensively test the Custom AI mod to work out its functionality in a more multiplayer (especially a competitive) environment, but I wanted to put out the idea to see if anyone would be interested in joining. I don't have any plans for this becoming a kind of "official" thing as it stands, so keep in mind that it would be very much "my" personal server of sorts, but I'm willing to play it by ear depending on how things are received. If no one is interested, that's perfectly fine with me, but if a lot of people end up being interested, I can talk with a friend of mine about hosting it onto a proper server.

As I said, the general theme is North American/Native American, but I'm willing to be flexible if you can win me over to whatever settlement idea you have. The way it would roughly work out in my head is to earn another AI, to help you in the fields or mining or warfare, you'd have to construct a house for each one, promoting the growth of larger settlements and the formation of proper cities, with a simulated life and culture of their own. One does not necessarily be alone, and you can have internal power structures of multiple players, with possible delegations of general power (nobility) or authority (specialized roles, such as shaman/wizard/professor, industrialist, etc.). For those who are interested and want to sign up, I can send you the mod pack, so all you have to do is install the MC Forge and plop it into the mod folder. We'd be running on 1.7.10, as it is the most stable update for mods, and the increased mod created content more than makes up for anything lost by not switching to a later update.

tl;dr

Started a modded LAN server with friends, wanted to see if anyone else would be interested in joining. Projected play would be kind of like Age of Empires base building mixed with a cooperative Mount and Blade, I guess.

I'd check it out, but I won't have a lot of time for a while and once my graphics card arrives I'll be playing other games. But I play minecraft lan with my brother with pretty much the same mods. I assume you're using 1.7.1?  As long as it has treecapitation it should be playable, imo.

Also, what do native american houses look like in minecraft?  :lol:

Hopefully something like this:

CahokiaMounds-old.jpg

once I'm done. The exterior should be a pretty simple affair, with a high, steep sloped roof, but that just gives me more to work with elaboration on the inside. Just finished the moundwork on the big one in the center, called Monks Mound, and I'm conceptualizing the Chieftainess' Hall and council chambers now. Probably a lot of colors and elaborate woodwork.

Anyways, earliest I'd have something prepared for other people to join is this weekend, so use the time to think over what culture you might want to build in. I'll keep y'all posted on how things go though and if there are any hiccups.

If you do it I'll totally try and drop by. I don't want to make any promises though because the last few times I've told people I'd play on servers I ended up forgetting or working too much.

Does sound interesting and I haven't played Minecraft in ages. If it became a proper server thing I'd be up for some colonial purging/manifest destiny.

Back
Top Bottom