Minecraft

Users who are viewing this thread

I've decided to go ahead with setting up a VPS-based Minecraft server which I'll call "Mountain Blade" (heh). I've got the plan ordered but it's not provisioned yet; I should have it set up and accessible to play on in the next few days.
My current plans:
Full PVP (well, as much as it currently works in SMP), monsters, basically free-for-all survival. Feel free to join forces with other players, set up traps, and enact frontier justice against others you feel have wronged you. It's better if you can work together, but hey, do what you've got to do. I hope to keep it where nobody (such as Ops) can spawn free building material, it has to be mined out.
The initial spawn location will be protected so that you can't destroy or add blocks, with an elevated platform you start out in with a chest full of stone swords ("mountain blades", right?) free for the taking. It will be a 2-tile drop off of the starting platform, so there will be no way back up once you've dropped down off of the spawn platform.
I'll have the world automatically backed up once an hour or so, and hopefully a map exported at the same time. If it's really badly griefed, I can roll back to an earlier world backup as needed.
After a while, I hope to have a basic webpage up with server info (hopefully a list of players currently on the server) and the latest automatically exported map available. Also, a server administration panel on the website for privileged folk; that would be just me initially, but I'm not sure if I'll add moderators later with access to it or not.
I'm also looking at maybe adding some further anti-griefing measures, such as the mod which prevents flint-and-steel and lava from setting fire to stuff.

I'll make a new topic for the server once I have it ready to go. Again, it might be a few days.

Janus said:
I've decided to go ahead with setting up a VPS-based Minecraft server which I'll call "Mountain Blade" (heh). I've got the plan ordered but it's not provisioned yet; I should have it set up and accessible to play on in the next few days.
My current plans:
Full PVP (well, as much as it currently works in SMP), monsters, basically free-for-all survival. Feel free to join forces with other players, set up traps, and enact frontier justice against others you feel have wronged you. It's better if you can work together, but hey, do what you've got to do. I hope to keep it where nobody (such as Ops) can spawn free building material, it has to be mined out.
The initial spawn location will be protected so that you can't destroy or add blocks, with an elevated platform you start out in with a chest full of stone swords ("mountain blades", right?) free for the taking. It will be a 2-tile drop off of the starting platform, so there will be no way back up once you've dropped down off of the spawn platform.
I'll have the world automatically backed up once an hour or so, and hopefully a map exported at the same time. If it's really badly griefed, I can roll back to an earlier world backup as needed.
After a while, I hope to have a basic webpage up with server info (hopefully a list of players currently on the server) and the latest automatically exported map available. Also, a server administration panel on the website for privileged folk; that would be just me initially, but I'm not sure if I'll add moderators later with access to it or not.
I'm also looking at maybe adding some further anti-griefing measures, such as the mod which prevents flint-and-steel and lava from setting fire to stuff.

I'll make a new topic for the server once I have it ready to go. Again, it might be a few days.

Sounds awesome!

That'd be great, Janus. Also, my server is back up, it had a strange crash which had me thinking the server was still up and there were people on it, until I actually tried connecting.

Janus said:
My current plans:

Classy, good man.

Charles, Aust, and Regundur are all blocked, everyone else is not... was there an update to hamachi?

Janus said:
My current plans:

Perhaps it's time I began actually playing Minecraft multiplayer regularly, again.

I'm in... finally.

And died. >.>

Edit: Let celebrations be held throughout the town! The Regendurian Turnpike & Skybridge has connected to all residencies!

Back
Top Bottom