Minecraft: Mountain Blade SMP server [closed]

Users who are viewing this thread

If that doesnt go through I will be hosting my own server, I was planning to anyways but then I heard beny was so I decided to see how that was going to go.  If he doesnt when 1.3 comes out I will.

The server is done i see. Well im gonna miss it. Everyone is so mad that didnt get banned like I. Atleast even if i was never a number one at winning i always had fun losing among with all my other friends. We didnt mind losing its what made this server fun and why i spent 50$ for a second account to play on this server and lose yet again. all in all i had fun and janus although we never got to meet your server is best of lots that ive played on and being one who has been banned near probably 500 times =).

Jeregor am i gonna be banned on all my accounts?????????????????

Well the one thing i can thank this server for is turning me onto a great game

WARBAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So since MBMC is down for sure, I find it's a good time to share a certain screenshot.
20120412205635.png

Senilo91 flyhacking while I'm using mah xray texpack to watch him. We didn't really use these in reality though, that screen is like a week before MBMC was shut down.  :razz:

Was going to throw it up tonight, but then burgess pointed out that bukkit isnt updated......  unfortunate. Will keep an eye on bukkit and get it started ASAP.  I work quite a bit in the summer so I can't give a for sure time after bukkit releases but you can expect it to be up 2-3 days after bukkit.

EDIT: after testing 1.3 damage I've come to the conclusion that prot 4 and other enchants are still way too strong.  With the new golden apples you would never be able to kill another equally equipped person with top enchants.... that being said I'm probably just going to disable enchants and the new golden apples.  I was debating looking for a mod to bring back the old armor system but probably won't end up doing that. 

My other thought was making diamonds obscenely rare to make full diamond armor hard to come by ( I plan to spend quite a bit of time looking for xrayers and banning them)  Still thinking about it, if I come to the conclusion that neither of these things will work well enough I may just not open the server.  But thats probably unlikely as I do miss minecraft pvp.

Can't see how removing enchanting tables would make the game not work well though.

In Total War Center forum all the OP enchants (sharpness, protection, fire aspect) have been removed, along with OP potions (damage, poison, strenght, speed II etc). Could do the same here. We'd still have enchants that make fighting mobs easy and yet PVP would be more challenging.

Jock said:
In Total War Center forum all the OP enchants (sharpness, protection, fire aspect) have been removed, along with OP potions (damage, poison, strenght, speed II etc). Could do the same here. We'd still have enchants that make fighting mobs easy and yet PVP would be more challenging.

If you could do me the favor of finding a mod they are using I would be very appreciative

Also senilo your literally the only person Ive talked to about this that wants prot 4, I have no idea why anyone would want a fight to last 10 years. Unless you havn't seen the new golden apple that literally makes you invincible along with those enchants. It instantly returns you to full HP and gives you every resistance for 5 minutes as well as regen for 10 seconds or so.  If you had 2-3 of them a fight would last forever, hell the server would probably crash before you finished.

That's a much better solution, the enchanting table was only going to be removed as we didn't know of a mod that allowed you to remove the silly enchantments.

However potions, opinions?

TWCenter said:
The following potions are banned:

Health II
Splash Health II
All Regeneration potions
All Strength potions
All weakness potions
All Poison potions
Splash Harm II

Potion of Swiftness I & II

I'm fine with that. :3

Me 'n' Jeregor have been plotting, and we came to the conclusion that, though MBMC may be dead, the days we had here were some of the best we experienced in any game. And though it may never return to its full glory, we've decided that the best course may be to immigrate our community to some other server. Our attempts to rebuild the culture and community of old MBMC have all fallen flat when we try to build up a new server from the ground up, so an organized transplanting of our community into an established server might be the best decision.

How we do this has yet to be decided, but the obvious choices are we all make our own factions haphazardly, we make our own factions in a close alliance with each other in our own corner of the map, or we make a superfaction. For the purposes of recreating our community in another server, the third option may be the best option, with internal segments assigned for those who wish to build, and for those who wish to fight. Of course PvP is the most time honored tradition of our server, so it will be given priority, but the architectural geniuses of our server may find their place here as well. That is my opinion, however, so feel free to post your ideas.

Obviously the first step is to find a suitable server for our migration! So those interested, if you could trawl through the lists to find an established, healthy server similar to that of old Mountain Blade, post all those you find! I hope you volunteer for this expedition, and I hope to see familiar faces as we strive to recreate the rich network of armies, politics, and architectural wonders that defined our old server, may it rest in peace.

Hail Victory,

Back
Top Bottom