Minecraft: Mountain Blade SMP server [closed]

Users who are viewing this thread

Mixedpotatoes said:
Splintert said:
But there's already plenty of PvP servers that I don't play on for a reason :smile:

I'm more interested in lone/free group based building with light competitiveness as opposed to group building massive structures under the protection of rules.

You're 8 months late for that. :/
Yeah a long way off. The new mechanics wrecked the PvP.

Kronic said:
Yes, it'll be a pretty modern style in general, though no exact decision has been made on the themes of the metropolis. My personal view would be several themed "Districts", like an old traditionally built one a more modern, skyscrapery place, a slums district, maybe some ethnic styled area with different architecture and such. As I say, a lot of everything is still just ideas hanging in the air.

I'd sign up to build the ethnic areas. Also slums.

Grimm wants to do one or more of the following:

A: Assist others to build districts.
B: Build Subways/sewers/evil lair/etc. under city.
C: Construct a Mega-skyscraper aiming to hit the world ceiling.

Mat_FTW said:
Amagic said:
Think we could turn Mat into cheap Bio-fuel?

Harsh.

So the outside of the scar free zone that gets "Refreshed" Every now and again will be the only countryside?
No.

If that map does ahead with a radius of 2000 blocks, to turn the entire thing into a city would takes months. The 'scar-free-zone' is precisely that, a nice, unspoilt landscape surrounding the city.

Well, I think so anyway.

Remember the Tekkit pack is not only engineering but magic too. If anything, magic should be intergrated yet seperated, as it would create a personality for the server. I.E. Magic is seldom used except when nothing else can do the job and is often shunned.

Also I want to be a part of the energy department. You need someone who wants to build the largest nuclear bomb Reactor, don't you? :grin:

We can't *all* run the energy. :grin:

As for the magic, I'm still debating with myself regarding the specifics: part of me isn't sure I want EE, for example, because it removes a lot of the need for quaries and intensive mining, as a diamond block becomes 8192 or so stone, for example.

And Beny, yeah, you're right regarding the scar free zone.

I presume Mo Creatures will be removed, or at least tinkered with? As Ogres tend to smash all of your **** up every night.

Is there a utility that allows you to remove parts of a mod, but not all? Or is it even simpler than I am thinking? As some parts of EE are useful, without being OP.

As stuff like divining rods are a cool little addition, but Energy Condensers and Klien Stars negate the need for mining entirely.  Duh, you need a Klien star to be able to use a divining rod

Honestly, damned if I know. If I did do it, I would, with certainty, be dropping Condensers somehow. Klein Stars are needed for fuelling some of the items, IIRC, so would be nice, but yes, you're right in that condensers/collectors would be silly.

Back
Top Bottom