Minecraft: Mountain Blade SMP server [closed]

Users who are viewing this thread

Burgess: Yes, legitimately done.

Sparky: I'm not even considering applications till I have a host I'm happy with and a configged Server. Then we'll see about people joining. Ideally, I want a 20 slot server, but we'll see how feasable it is.

Probably not Sparky. My current plan, which is under discussion, is to have a 4000x4000 "Scar free" zone where nukes, quarries and the like will be frowned upon and a 500 block wide buffer around the edge (5000x5000 size total), which is wiped every couple of weeks. The buffer zone will mean there's always somewhere to strip mine without scarring the land, and also stop all the resources getting sucked up - while at the same time keeping the world size manageable.

EDIT: Probably a 2500 radius circle rather than a square of 5k x 5k, but you get the idea

I thought MBMC was a bit bigger - might refresh those numbers slightly, but we'll see how performance is when I find a host before finalising it - there'll be internal testing before we open up, as it were.

I feel a bigger world will be fine for this, as there's no need for the land constraints to promote PVP.

Read. I never said that it was going to be PvP, just that we need a solution however, because enchants and potions are used for other things than fighting you moron.

Monopoly solutions?

It's a predominantly coop server, and there'll be unlikely to be any Factions style chunk protection, so monopoly won't really happen, or indeed be relevant, as far as I can see. :/

Mixedpotatoes said:
And the monopoly solutions?

I would suggest a control group to monopolize the goods more fairly than was done on MBMC.

Monopoly on what? Oil I suppose but that could be traded for things of  better use than 20K buckets of fuel.

In fact it's not even PvP so why the hell would you monopolies something?

Well, if not controlled in any way, 1 group is going to stand there and kill the blazes before anyone else get the chance to take any to themselves. That's why control is needed.

Well there's more than 1 blaze spawner and if it's a 20 slot server I doubt everyone will be on at the same time collecting blaze rods at the same time. Even so nobody's gonna be a **** and destroy the spawner that's why there is a whitelist.

Well, I guess. Someone IS eventually going to be a **** and use a pickaxe on them. Just sayin'.

With a very strict whitelist (read; Exodus) the server won't be going much anywhere because of lack of population and different ideals.

Back
Top Bottom