Minecraft: Mountain Blade SMP server [closed]

Users who are viewing this thread

Lyze said:
An idle idea I had for a server (not supported by Janus, but just a private server amongst friends) would be to install the Technik pack and a couple other mods (if they're multiplayer by now), up the difficulty on the game, and set ourselves the challenge of building a massive modern metropolis using the Technik pack Industrial and Buildcraft mods. If any builders are interested, we could maybe set that up.
Go for it, I'm in

Lyze said:
An idle idea I had for a server (not supported by Janus, but just a private server amongst friends) would be to install the Technik pack and a couple other mods (if they're multiplayer by now), up the difficulty on the game, and set ourselves the challenge of building a massive modern metropolis using the Technik pack Industrial and Buildcraft mods. If any builders are interested, we could maybe set that up.

I would be in, but would suggest relatively harsh entry conditions: It's very easy for people to **** over absolutely everything with the IC nukes and such, and one cock could ruin everything. But I would be up for that, yes.

I would think completely legit, maybe disable creepers, or remove their ability to destroy blocks (but still damage), and if people were to go their separate ways Towny to prevent griefing.

Janus did a great job running the server, so thanks for that. Sad to see it go but to be honest this minecraft server died when it started to favour build over pvp.
Giving the people what they want doesn't work if the people are retards....

I said this would happen and people ridiculed me for saying it at the time.

Personally, I found it stopped being as fun once it stopped being a majority of people here for the forum on the server, rather than people being here for the server who just happened to post.

But let's not start arguing, what's done is done.

Kronic said:
Personally, I found it stopped being as fun once it stopped being a majority of people here for the forum on the server, rather than people being here for the server who just happened to post.

But let's not start arguing, what's done is done.

Well, you are wrong, but ok.

It had more to do with the new things mojang added into the game that made pvp meh, Amagic made a post awhile ago that i liked, something along the lines of anyone could join and make a name for themselves with enough guts and a sword.  But now anyone can make a name for themselves with an experience grinder and free time >.> I think you can see the problem there

Droznig said:
Sad to see it go but to be honest this minecraft server died when it started to favour build over pvp.
Quite the opposite. Server got empty because nobody built anything. When nobody builds anything there's nothing to destroy, nobody to kill. You can't kill someone who just sits inside an impenetrable box, and every newcomer and builder becomes the target, thus they quit.

Listen lets not dwell in the past and blame things people have done and forget it, look towards the vast towns we'll build, the wonderful contraptions we can build from our imaginations, trading our goods and supporting alliances without backstabbing people, also the vast quarrys that will **** up the landscape :smile:

Going from the single post we've had on it.

IT WON'T BE A PVP SERVER LIKE BEFORE.

People can change Even you beny, come to think of it I have a list of people, so your saying heavy pvpers are gonna be whitelisted. so the only people on the server will be janus, feregorn, lyze and kommande vinter?

And im not pvp obsessed as some people, before this map I was considering on being peaceful and mining for other people in exchange for gold, food and protection, like dwarfs until Ash and Crazy snapped me out of it....

Back
Top Bottom