Minecraft: Mountain Blade SMP server [closed]

Users who are viewing this thread

I can build it outside the scar free zone?

Not a good idea - the scarring area will be trimmed every couple of weeks by my plan, to ensure a constant "new area" to mine, so anything built there would go too.

Independant small mining towns outside the town wont be allowed?

I have no objections to smaller towns and such, providing the main city is reasonably developed to begin with - suburbs and outlying areas would be a natural progression, along with transit links and such.

Save the trolling for the game.

Not the best way to endear yourself.

I want to test it with a 2500 radius (For comparison, MBMC was a 1600 radius on the last map). Theoretically, it shouldn't effect much beyond worldsize on the HDD, as the roughly same number of chunks should be loaded at any given time, but this'll be investigated when I get to internal testing. If I end up going the road of the RAMdisk, it might become relevant, but we'll see.

Splintert said:
All I found in a search is a post from a year and a half ago about 2000x2000. Is it up-to-date?

Not at all. This is an entirely new concept and the talk about it - you'll find most on the latest 10 pages, max.

Anyhow, what "era" is it set in, what kind of themes? With the mods it would seem as if it is modern. Pun not intended.

Yes, it'll be a pretty modern style in general, though no exact decision has been made on the themes of the metropolis. My personal view would be several themed "Districts", like an old traditionally built one a more modern, skyscrapery place, a slums district, maybe some ethnic styled area with different architecture and such. As I say, a lot of everything is still just ideas hanging in the air.

So, based on the discussion (heated arguments), I presume this is one of those build-things-with-resource-collection types of servers? Will there be tolerance for people who go outside the building areas and play somewhat more freely?

Kinda doubt it since it's gonna have somewhat limited resources. Anyway I'd love to build a '50s themed district, if only there were neon lightbulbs. /sigh

I would totally be the crazy hermit guy living in the most remote corner of the map (aside from the trimmed regions, obviously) who doesn't use electricity or anything and has just 2 roommates - chickens.  :3

e - alternatively i'd be so underground you could call me the McBev gnome once again :3

The other Minecraft server I played was essentially a no rules server unless the owner's stuff got blown up. If the outer lands was kinda like that, it would be cool.

Here come the anti-PVP comments, I know.

Well... no derr. If you want to play on a server with PvP and stuff, play on one with PvP n stuff, not on a pure building server. PvP'ing just takes up server slots from the builders/

But there's already plenty of PvP servers that I don't play on for a reason :smile:

I'm more interested in lone/free group based building with light competitiveness as opposed to group building massive structures under the protection of rules.

Splintert said:
But there's already plenty of PvP servers that I don't play on for a reason :smile:

I'm more interested in lone/free group based building with light competitiveness as opposed to group building massive structures under the protection of rules.

You're 8 months late for that. :/

Back
Top Bottom