Militia & Starvation changes

Users who are viewing this thread

Bloodmastery

Recruit
After fully developing a town i manage to get a insane amount of militia in the town due to the gov perks and fully upgraded bonuses but there is a big problem:

My town now is starving because of to many militia (792) the problem is i garrison a few elite troops there to defend it ~ 200 archers by the time i noticed this lost almost all of them to starvation....

Can you guys pls gives us the option to limit the total militia that a town can produce or recruit so it dose not overpopulate with militia and cause my garrison troops to die from starvation ? Or make it so that all the militia die from starvation first and maybe only after there is no more militia in the town garrison troops starts to die?

One more thing that makes no sense to me is food and prosperity i have a huge amount of it but my town still gets -269 from it, what's that all about is this a bug or ?

4yW7Z1M.jpg

Bro you need to read more carefully. There is no negative term in your food income report labeled as millitia. There will only be one military-related negative term labeled as garrison if you do have some garrison, and food consumption speed of garrison will be exactly the same as if they are in your troop(ignore all possible multiplier, like from perk)
As for the prospersity negative term, this is not a bug, but aim for providing prospersity a soft cap. This problem was severe at the first month of EA. Now they have somehow fixed it, though in a brutal way. By that I mean, simply increase food production/decrease food consumption caused by prospersity, then the soft cap is higher and starvation will no longer be a problem if the playthrough is not so long that the prospersity can possibly hit/be close to the soft cap.
As discussed back and forth during the past year, ideally garrison should be able to consume food stored in stash of the lord, and be able to purchase food from local civillian market whe stash is empty, and players are supposed to be given more options to manipulate food production/consumption(e.g. fief management with more depth, like village management to produce more food, or food production affected by population of village). Unfortunately, we see no sign of this becoming true by now.

Last edited:
So the militia have no food consumption ( they eat rocks awesome ), so ye after taking a closer look it seems the problem is this prosperity / food...
Manage to check out another of my town this is really bad so i have no food because of prosperity and no prosperity because of food ?? ( and now i`m losing all my garrison to starvation again ...)

R45shZT.jpg

I would love it if they implemented a system that allowed starving settlements to import food from nearby friendly towns. Like the Supply Lines mod.

So the militia have no food consumption ( they eat rocks awesome )
well milltia do consume food, but they are local residents, and they are supposed to feed themselves when not summoned(you can check history book, though not all the time in all country, but it is the case sometimes). Therefore, you can think another way: food consumption of millitia has been integrated into the prospersity term.
I would love it if they implemented a system that allowed starving settlements to import food from nearby friendly towns. Like the Supply Lines mod.
I know that mod, but still I believe civillan food market should be seperated from military/government food inventory.

Saw a few YouTube videos where people use to do this trade food to the town market but its from a older build i guess they changed that since people used to abuse it by buying all the town food supply just to starve them before attacking it.
I guess the most easy way or what would be nice if you have like a additional option to give food supply to the towns you own.
And maybe make the prosperity more like security works ? Like instead of having this ridiculous number just have that 100 so once u fully upgraded a town it would make no sense for it to drop bellow 100 if there are no problems ( like raids or sieges to the town ).

well milltia do consume food, but they are local residents, and they are supposed to feed themselves when not summoned(you can check history book, though not all the time in all country, but it is the case sometimes). Therefore, you can think another way: food consumption of millitia has been integrated into the prospersity term.

I know that mod, but still I believe civillan food market should be seperated from military/government food inventory.
That mod didn't use the food in the market but rather the grain stored in the settlement granary, which is the military/government food inventory.

Do you guys know any mod or have any idea how to save my troops i have about ~ 600 Imperial Palatine Guard that i spend a lot of time leveling them now i keep losing them in towns because of starvation and i cant take them in my party because its already maxed out :xf-cry:

Do you guys know any mod or have any idea how to save my troops i have about ~ 600 Imperial Palatine Guard that i spend a lot of time leveling them now i keep losing them in towns because of starvation and i cant take them in my party because its already maxed out :xf-cry:
You can use Bannerlord Tweaks (updated version) to change the limit on granary storage, town food production, garrison consumption.
There were mods which let you donate food to settlements but they all seem to have been abandoned.
If you use Improved Garrisons it has a 'garrison food gathering' option.

Thank you, is just sad to see losing all my troops to bull**** after trying to hard to level them up, i think this prosperity / food thing is broken, after checking more of my towns and castles i found this .. makes no sense i have + prosperity but still losing food because of it.
Is like wow your towns is so great it runs out of food... like your doing a good job but actually no meme ?

vCYNUUl.jpg

Yes we have the devil tax ??

As others said militia does not consume food from your stocks. I wondered something. Can you mouse over militia for Jalmarys and Amitatys and place here screenshots, I want to look details at tooltip.

Also can you mouse over to Jalmarys prosperity 14K and place its screenshot too. I wondered how still you get +4 prosperity from Jalmarys even prosperity is already 14K and there is no surpluss food.

Also can you mouse over to Jalmarys prosperity 14K and place its screenshot too. I wondered how still you get +4 prosperity from Jalmarys even prosperity is already 14K and there is no surpluss food.
I wondered that too because it is basically impossible. You can change the prosperity value with the console but +4 seems fishy.

Sure here they are:

y5l4wNk.jpg

I got +12 in one of my towns and i`m not using any "cheats" out side game mechanics like Governor perks and town buildings, think this is the highest i manage to get it.

Iq1ZCE6.jpg

On a side note i have manage to get all the city from trading and never had my towns under attack so that might be the one reason they are overpopulated ?

That mod didn't use the food in the market but rather the grain stored in the settlement granary, which is the military/government food inventory.
Does it? I have only read through the description but did not install this mod since it looks like simply automate what player can do maually,(i.e. sell food obtained from other places to the starving settlement)and therefore does not help much in current stage of Bannerlord.(after numeric change, I won't meet starvation problem since content of this game is not sufficient for me to maintaining such a long playthrough)

Does it? I have only read through the description but did not install this mod since it looks like simply automate what player can do maually,(i.e. sell food obtained from other places to the starving settlement)and therefore does not help much in current stage of Bannerlord.(after numeric change, I won't meet starvation problem since content of this game is not sufficient for me to maintaining such a long playthrough)
No it doesn't sell food, it creates supply parties to deliver food from a settlement's granary to armies and cities/castles which are running low. Doesn't work on the latest game versions though. The source code is there but idk how to update it.

Thanks for screenshots @Bloodmastery. For the health of gameplay one town having more than 10K prosperity isn't good. It creates lots of balance issues. Towns start game with 3-6K prosperity. It isn't normal them to reach 3x prosperity in 20-30 years. This isn't realistic also. Currently all town's prosperity total start with 190K in world (50 town total) and it happen 2x in only 20 yerars.

This 800 militia thing happened because of high prosperity. Militia production is proportional to prosperity. Also construction is proportional to prosperity too and by selecting housing default project it seems you can create 10K+ town easily at late game (especially at Empire towns with +1 prosperity culture bonus).

Real problem here is :
we have 2 effects and each feed each other
prosperity -> construction (construction is calculated from prosperity directly)
construction -> prosperity (by default project housing)
So this creates a loop. prosperity -> construction -> more prosperity -> more construction

We will think a solution to this.

By the way addition to newcomers : Here starving is not related to militia number. Militias do not eat from town stocks. However these high numbers are problem for game balance.

Last edited:
This explains a lot since in game i believe its been around 20 years i remember i fail the 10 years main mission a long time ago i did not know there even was a timer on that lol, and i just been doing trading/crafting and never got in to a fight with other clans or kingdoms so you could say i chose to play a peaceful path.

This is my 3`th campaign and i wanted to buy as many towns as possible and just make them super strong with elite troops and high skill governor before actually starting my own kiddom i wanted to build like good relations with every other factions since on my 2`th campaign i executed a bunch of people and every body hated my kingdom i manage to conquer over half the map but constant battles and raids because every body constantly declared war on me was starting to get annoying and about 95% of the other factions had like -100 relation with my clan so ye .... i wanted to start a new peaceful campaign, well this did not turn out the way i expected guess you to much good stuff is bad for you after all ??

Guess not many people try the peaceful prosperous rout in this game cant blame them is not much fun running around trading, waiting in towns, hunting looters and avoiding big battles witch are super fun but at least now we know, after all at least my experiment help the game so that's awesome ?

I don`t have any suggestions but it would be nice if you guys find a way to balance the game so that a fully upgraded town can support the garrison capacity that's around 700 - 800 garrison + other 700 - 800 militia i try filling the garrison up having ~1500 defending troops but the food in the town was at -9 and i had no negative bonus from prosperity and the passive building was set to irrigation and still was not able to cover the town food supply demand, i also want to point out that the governor i use are specially leveled to have all the possible governor bonuses and even a fully skilled governor was not able to correct this problem, in fact i think they might have contribute to the loop problem by giving me additional prosperity and militia bonuses.

Thanks for the info and the feedback have a nice day! :giggle:

Back
Top Bottom