Users who are viewing this thread

I took over as High King of Vlandia after that old bastard Derthert died of disease many years ago. Everything was going very well for the first decade or so as I was imposing my will upon my foes as I expanded my kingdom to the east and to the south but alas, war has begun to take its toll. My people are starving. Everyone is at war with me. I refuse to make peace with anyone that dares oppose me. I consider myself a merciful and just king. I give the enemy lords stale bread and stagnant water to keep them sustained in my damp prisons. What more could they ask for? The executioner's axe perhaps? They attacked me first! I do fear that mass execution may be the only way to gain the edge. As it stands, I probably have 60 or more enemy lords, princes and Kings in my dungeons. Normally, I leave them in there until they find a way to escape but now my guards and fleeing my settlements due to famine which has lowered my security substantially.
I only have a few lords left that are qualified to lead my armies so the ability to defend my realm has dwindled. My Queen's womb has become dry and barren. I fear my sons have not taken well to women so there is that. As a last resort I have made attempts to get enemy lords to betray their kings but no amount of coin can sway my enemies. I respect their loyalty.
I'm seeking guidance. Should I execute the enemy lords and kings to even the odds a bit?

What I would do is go defeat all enemy parties in the field to get close to 500 influence, then siege a fief and capture it, then make a wanderer clan with the 500 influence and fief, then repeat. Just keep expanding and making clans, even ransom some lords if you need more enemies to fight for influence or just let the mall go after battle. If you're not on 1.6.4, you should update to it. I think making a faction was garbage before being able to make clans. Just let the vassals do whatever dum **** they want and keep taking land and making more clans.

What I would do is go defeat all enemy parties in the field to get close to 500 influence, then siege a fief and capture it, then make a wanderer clan with the 500 influence and fief, then repeat. Just keep expanding and making clans, even ransom some lords if you need more enemies to fight for influence or just let the mall go after battle. If you're not on 1.6.4, you should update to it. I think making a faction was garbage before being able to make clans. Just let the vassals do whatever dum **** they want and keep taking land and making more clans.
Can you please explain to me what a wanderer clan is?

Clan and Party
  • It is now possible for players to promote companions into nobles with their own clan. In order to use this feature, the player must:
    • Be the leader of a kingdom.
    • Have at least one fief.
    • Have an active companion that is not a family member.
    • Have 20.000 Denars and 500 Influence ready to spend for the promotion.
    • Once the conditions are met the player can initiate the dialogue with a companion about their promotion. The player will grant the companion one of their fiefs and will be able to name their clan. The newly created clan will be a tier 2 clan and receive a 50 relation bonus with the player’s clan.
It's new to 1.6.4 beta

Ananda gave you a good solution,
Clans won't join you if you are not friendly enough with them and if they have fiefs and good wealth. They might, but it will be costly and rare.
You should seek landless clans with wealth poor or very poor, you can check them in the encyclopedia and sort clans by fiefs.
Consider making peace with nations that offer you tribute to finish off weaker enemies and reduce the number of fronts.
Try not to over expand, if you don't have lords for your future conquests, maybe you should rethink your steps. You can have defensive wars, they are extremely profitable (Prisoners/gears) and when you think you softened them, siege a town to force them to pay you till you have a breather (Seige don't start the attack, use that position as a bargain chip)

Another thing, your progress while you try to recruit lords is saved, so if you failed but had like 2 dots, next time you try to convince them, you will start with 2 dots.

Good luck, i am waiting for my king to kick the bucket in my playthrough, i have recruited many lords for him so far and i would like to inherit that :razz:

Back
Top Bottom