Might & Fealty

Users who are viewing this thread

I tried Battlemaster a while back and whilst I did not play long it is a very interesting game and fun at times.
I will be very much looking forward to this one, and might get back into it once it's out.

I have been playing Battlemaster for over 9 of the past 12 years...it is (before even Dwarf Fortress and Mount&Blade/Prophesy of Pendor) the game I have spent the most time playing....and it has given me the the 2-3 best 'gaming moments' of all time. Its design is at the same time elegantly simple while allowing for a lot of complexity playing it.

I have also participated in the (now closed) alpha of Might&Fealty - and am very, very curious to find out how M&F will evolve. My main reasons for following M&F are the game system bing based on a persistent sandbox, the core revolving around player to player 'oaths' - and the game creator himself. Tom did - for over 12 years! - work on Battlemaster, he kept it evolving, managed to draw in a dedicated crowd of supporters helping him coding and generally taking care of the game AND managed to continually be present on the OOC forums, practically never loosing his patience. For over 13 years...for a game that was completely free to play (excepting donations for keeping his server running - donations which gave you no measurable advantage ingame). I admit my mind boggles looking back over all that time....so yes, one could say I am curious  :smile:

Holy **** TanSerrai, I found you.

I enjoy the game very much, as it allows one an enormous freedom in political and strategical (those mainly, all other aspects of life in a slightly less important light) medieval roleplaying. I founded the Kingdom of Ascalon, and after having a rebellious duke succeed I am smithing relations with realms all around me, behaving like a sort of chivalrous and honourable but rather powerhungry ruler who wishes to centralize his realm. Currently I'm inquiring after the situation of the fall of the Trinitary States, the center of the religion of the Trinity, as its been annexed by a realm called 'Oho's Sanctum'. I am surprised by the lack of care from the Trinitary countries, but Ascalon is remarkably tolerant, so I can't take much IC action.

EDIT: Shameless boasting about my achievements:
29eik6.jpg

So if anyone is willing to play this, I have put up some knight offers in said realm. There's been some inactivity and there's plenty of lands and booty to share in the Kingdom of Ascalon! Hurrdurrr!

Also, a recent update brought f2p gamemode with some limitations on character amount and max region ownership.

I haven't really looked into this much, but I have heard that it seems a lot more focused on being a knight and more localized, while BM can be a bit more national. Glad to hear it has some F2P part, a monthly sub didn't appeal to me (also I'm broke).

The gameplay for knights is indeed quite more important that in BM. The fact that being able to have knights (enough lords for all your regions and then even more) makes you a strong realm already. Add to that that knights are essential to their superiors in leading troops and keeping the realm safe from raiders and bandits, yes; I'd say it's richer.

Oh my God it's you.

Quick situation sketch:

2/5 Dukes turned inactive, and the one I'm sending you to might be aswell. Slumberlight = the disease of inactivity (IG roleplaying disease that is) and then need to be removed of their properties etc. I have annexed one Duchy for myself, but I need a new Duke for the second one, and the one I appointed for that is inactive now aswell  :lol:

If you need any help or advice, check the manual or the forums of the game, or ask here. It's still heavily under development though, consider that you're probably playing an open beta.

Roran 13 said:
So if anyone is willing to play this, I have put up some knight offers in said realm. There's been some inactivity and there's plenty of lands and booty to share in the Kingdom of Ascalon! Hurrdurrr!

Also, a recent update brought f2p gamemode with some limitations on character amount and max region ownership.

Bahahaha. Are you Roran of Arescod?

Yes I am. Nice to see people taking up my knight offers! Free troops are the best troops right (except my uber-leet platecav retinue *COUGH*)

Anyways, for those joining Ascalon;

The realm is currently in a state of inactivity (that is currently being fixed). We lost 2 dukes to slumberlight aka inactivity and their lands need to be retaken. This opens up a lot of space for new people. One of the Duchies (Rynir) is annexed into the Royal Duchy (my personal lands) and split into two counties held by my vassals, while the second one (Vilnar) absorbs the County of Kaenlar and will become a new Duchy of the West. Considering the new players taking over lands in the North and turning independant we increased the pace, but the person I appointed to become Duke in the West has turned inactive aswell, so I need a new person for that. His only vassal is the brother of one of the newly appointed Counts, so I won't go hand over so much might to him  :roll: That's where I hope that you guys'll stick to the game and become a Duke there.

Don't forget to take a copy of the lawbook! (Messages => Publications) since that's pretty much your protection from me and my protection from you.

It helps if you play CKII for this game by the way. It's pretty much like that.

When I first read the rules my understanding was that free characters could only own three settlements. Which is actually fine.
But soon when a war erupted I realized that free characters can in fact only capture three settlements in their lifetime. So I had to start killing off my characters to retake a town of mine which is absolutely ridiculous given how often towns tend to change hands during major conflicts.
It was so stupid that I deleted my characters and never touched the game again.

Back
Top Bottom