Midgame kinda stopped being fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

I have a fighting force of 477 and 5 unique characters. On average my troops are of medium quality, not Elites.
96 Cavalery
157 Artillery
216 Infantry
25 Horse archers.
My character can hold a maximum of 148 troops. The rest are garision for my town.

And I still don't appear in the Vote for the castle right next to mine, but the guy with 2 other castles and the guy with a faraway castle DO make it into the vote. And I did helpin the sieges.
You're trying to hold onto too many troops who aren't making you money. Fire most of your garrison unless it is wartime and you're on the border.

1. How do I make back the money that my army costs?
Selling loot and prisoners from huge battles dosen't seem to work. Tournaments give like 1000 gold and are unreliable. I am at a total of 5000 army cost PER DAY.
It does work, it's all I ever do for money. However you can probably throw out some less useful troops and slim down garrisons if you have them to reduce cost. 5k isn't that much for an actual army though.

2. Is there an easier way to grind influence?
There's been many tricks to get it easily, not sure about the current beta though. In any older version some variation of having you clan parties stick prisoners in a town will give you a lot. In recent beta you will get a lot more form large battles and sieges though, renown too, the cap that seemed to exist before has been removed. Good improvement.

3. How do I get fiefs from my king? I am usually not even in the vote. currently there are no homeless clans. I took one castle ALL BY MYSELF and still some rando got it.
Yeah, the game cares about proximity to your existing fiefs, a lot, but if you're rank 4 it's time to move on anyways and then ultimately fief are best use to make new clans. So, fiefs suck, don't worry about it.
I also found a bug where you can form an army with your companion, select "donate troops", donate a lot of troops which earns you renown, then get into a conversation with the companion, select inspect troops and get the troops back. This could be abused for infinite renown.
But I don't like bugusing and cheating.
Then don't do it. However them getting influence from giving to fiefs is intended and the AI gets this influence too, just don't take them out of your own fief and do it over and over (if it isn't patched on your version)
But everyone says that's an exploit.
What is the intended way to do this?
It's not an exploit and you should expect people to use words correctly or ignore them. You waste your campaign time waiting for stamina though, so once you're a ruler enemy armies will be re-building and re-sieging while you waste time waiting. It's fine to not smith at all, it's a waste of points too. It's basically there for casual people who don't understand or care that they waste time and think "oh I can get money wow I have money now wow".

Get Rougery skill up. You will not know what to do with all that dineros from loot 😄

My "trick" is to never be negative in the income. Don't upgrade most of your troops beyond tier 3-4 depending on your income, don't have huge garrisons behind frontlines, force bandits to join you, etc. Its not fun to grind for anything, and I only ever did "smithing exploit" once and just abandoned that run because it took all the fun out of the game. You're not supposed to roam around with a thousand tier 6 units unless you have a lot of income (like a bunch of prosperous fiefs). The positive income and selling battle loot means I climb to hundreds of thousands without even trying anything. If your troops are too expensive and you don't wanna fight but chill for a while, just donate them to some other clan.

I have a fighting force of 477 and 5 unique characters. On average my troops are of medium quality, not Elites.
96 Cavalery
157 Artillery
216 Infantry
25 Horse archers.
My character can hold a maximum of 148 troops. The rest are garision for my town.

And I still don't appear in the Vote for the castle right next to mine, but the guy with 2 other castles and the guy with a faraway castle DO make it into the vote. And I did helpin the sieges.
I think your popularity has a lot to do with getting voted for settlement ownership. Try getting high level relationships with the different clans in the kingdom or faction you are in.
One easy way I do this is to use your influence when you vote with these clans during kingdom proposals. There is the "Good Natured" perk (in the "Charm" skill tree) that refunds 100% of the influence you use if you lose your supported proposal. So when voting to select the new owner of a castle or town, I vote with one of the less popular noble. I make sure to put in enough influence so that he still will not win. Then my relation with that noble goes up by 10 or more points (depending on how much influence you use), and drops by 1 or so for the other candidates. After the vote, I get back all the influence I used for the vote.

I have full elite troops and a town with elite garrison. I also have 5 million denars in my wallet.
The trick to making easy money is to develop your smithing skills. At the beginning of a game, add to your endurance and smithing skills at every opportunity, until they max out. Prioritise your smithing skills over your fighting skills.
Learn forge weapons that you can sell for tons of denars. Typically, you want to forge and sell double-handed swords, polearms or javelins. The raw materials you use for forging is way cheaper than the denars you get for selling the finished product. Just having the weapons in your inventory is like having denars in the bank.
For example, I have 8+1+1 crafted javelins in my inventory. Each javelin is worth 16000 denars. That is a value of 160,000 if I decide to sell them. The reason I haven't sold them is that sometimes the traders in town run out of money. So I would have to move to another town to cash them in.

Last edited:
Selling loot and prisoners from huge battles dosen't seem to work. Tournaments give like 1000 gold and are unreliable. I am at a total of 5000 army cost PER DAY.
3. How do I get fiefs from my king? I am usually not even in the vote. currently there are no homeless clans. I took one castle ALL BY MYSELF and still some rando got it.

I really regret not taking the "conquer rebelling city" route. I wonder if I should just start a lot of wars with my last bit of influence and leave the kingdom.
This game turned from a fun battle and tournament sim into some logistic nightmare unpaid job.
You just haven't studied the game yet, it's easy there, in all aspects.
Tournaments and battles buy my army and I also make money on it.
The settlement can now be captured without an army.

I really regret not taking the "conquer rebelling city" route. I wonder if I should just start a lot of wars with my last bit of influence and leave the kingdom.
This game turned from a fun battle and tournament sim into some logistic nightmare unpaid job.
Really not hard, fight a war a few wins and your inventory will be full, I usually have more loot than settlements can buy

1. Tournaments bring 52000-170000, tribute: 8000, battles: 100000-500000 + up to 600 soldiers.
2. Own army: more than 13,000 influence in 7 years.
3. Fiefs can be obtained without an army and without soldiers and without losses.

1. Tournaments bring 52000-170000
How in the world are you getting that much money??? I know Tier 6 helmets can give around 50,000 denars, but what in the world is being put up to grant up to 170,000??? Do you have to wait 50+ years or something because I never saw that during my 40-something year playthrough and figured ~50,000 from fancy mask helmets was the rough cap.

This was introduced in early access, companions, relatives can win prizes or cash equivalent in tournaments, while they have a low level of penalty for selling these items.
Closed helmet of the commander - 170 t.
Flags 52 t.
Dropped armor once for 280,000 (didn't drop anymore, possibly removed).
You received 177563 :smile:.
Arva won the tournament in Mizeya.

In order for your companion to receive money as a prize, he must be left in the city before the start of the tournament.
I recruit companions right away, at the beginning of the game and earn a lot of money while the character leveling period is on.

If you don't like "midgame" just wait until you own over half the map and realize that no matter how much money you have you still can't win.
AI can and will double it's number of lords and all of them can print money for troops.

If you do not object to using mods, there are a few that prevent running out of money very well.
- Most importantly, I use "Profitable Workshops", which works in the background to make your workshops actually make a daily profit after a few weeks.
- "Improved Garrisons" allows you to manage your fiefs from anywhere in the world (complete projects, provide money to speed up projects, etc.). It also allows you to make your garrisons effective area police, by setting a patrol that will guard caravans/patrol area/defend villages. They will sell their prisoners, and you get the denars. And you can now move troops between garrisons when needed (from safe zone to danger zone to defend, or from safe zone to border garrisons to prepare for invasion army, etc.)
- "Party AI Overhaul and Commands" turns your clan parties into effective parties that can be given orders to patrol/defend, or just stop acting stupid, so you don't constantly lose troops to idiotic game AI decisions.

There are others, yet I find these immersive and they make a huge difference

If you don't like "midgame" just wait until you own over half the map and realize that no matter how much money you have you still can't win.
AI can and will double it's number of lords and all of them can print money for troops.
And lords want upwards of 1M Denars to join your kingdom when they are dirt poor, fief-less, and not even high level clans.

Or how the AI essentially prevents making peace by creating ridiculous amounts of daily fines to be paid to make peace, even when you are the clear victor in the war (I have a scenario where one faction who has lost >10 fiefs to me, have >50 of their lords/ladies as my faction prisoners, still want >15k daily to make peace). Just stupid

And lords want upwards of 1M Denars to join your kingdom when they are dirt poor, fief-less, and not even high level clans.
I wouldn't know clans just out right refused to join me after I recruited 15-ish.

I list my own "mid-game" trials in this thread if anyone wants to be further depressed.

I have full elite troops and a town with elite garrison. I also have 5 million denars in my wallet.
The trick to making easy money is to develop your smithing skills. At the beginning of a game, add to your endurance and smithing skills at every opportunity, until they max out. Prioritise your smithing skills over your fighting skills.
Learn forge weapons that you can sell for tons of denars. Typically, you want to forge and sell double-handed swords, polearms or javelins. The raw materials you use for forging is way cheaper than the denars you get for selling the finished product. Just having the weapons in your inventory is like having denars in the bank.
For example, I have 8+1+1 crafted javelins in my inventory. Each javelin is worth 16000 denars. That is a value of 160,000 if I decide to sell them. The reason I haven't sold them is that sometimes the traders in town run out of money. So I would have to move to another town to cash them in.
I Hate this, I wish they had never put it in the game. It's time consuming and obnoxiously implemented.
But it's so overturned in terms of value it doesn't make sense to ignore it.

Back
Top Bottom