Mid to late game has never been such a mess as it is now

Users who are viewing this thread

Its like the AI does not even try to defend their territories... Fiefs changing back and forth between factions, rebellions back and forth, what the hell happened?!

There was a time when the map was taken over pretty quickly by a few factions and the rest was eliminated, then there was a section of versions where nothing ever happened, no rebellions nothing, and now we are mostly back to the point where in 4-5 years time and chaos ensues.

I am at around day 400 and the middle area of the map (battania, empire) and initially sturgian towns exist with an average of 1500 prosperity because these towns get captured back and forth by factions. If a town is taken by a different culture faction it has like an 80% chance to rebel, and then like 95% chance that the rebels will lose town so prosperity minus.

It seems like factions don't defend their territory at all and dont care about security (hideouts, bandits are only dealt with if I do it) and loyalty.

Yeah, even if you make a very powerful faction they just let the AI take back fiefs. The power doesn't mean anything because the AI has no concept of borders or defense, you have to do 90% of everything yourself even with 50 clans under you. Even on offense they won't put a garrison in the new fief they take so they just walk away and let a little tiny party take it back.

Sieges are broken (when were they not?). I have done a couple of defences with auto resolve and live battles and for me it seems that besieging siege engines give a massiv boost, like the defensiv siege engines. This boost sometimes also apply when the siege camp gets attacked from outside. That´s why you can see big armies loosing to smaller ones when they are in a siege.
When i did a siege defence, i ambushed the enemy siege engines and auto resolved after it. It was an easy win even when outnumbered.
That was in Patch 1.1.3. In 1.1.0 i have seen besieging armies regaining troops out of thin air.
So even when your vassals would try to defend, it´s very likely for them to get crushed.

There are more problems with the mid late game than ever was... Not getting loot/prisoners/renown from sieges where there are more parties around, same with field battles. I dont remember an early access version where it was this broken and I keep finding more dumb **** like shepherd actually decreasing speed when herd penalty is present.

Last time I played was on 1.8 EA, and now I wish I started my playthrough on that same version, actually what happened? I thought this game had a full release a while back.

Last edited:
There are more problems with the mid late game than ever was... Not getting loot/prisoners/renown from sieges where there are more parties around, same with field battles. I dont remember an early access version where it was this broken and I keep finding more dumb **** like shepherd actually decreasing speed when herd penalty is present.

Last time I played was on 1.8 EA, and now I wish I started my playthrough on that same version, actually what happened? I thought this game had a full release a while back.
roll back to 1.03. not perfect but at least somewhat stable and with less bugs or messed up mechanics. or come back to the game in 6-12 months. maybe TW will have fixed it then and not introduced too many new bugs😅

Back
Top Bottom